maxim bunglows in Juan Dolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
Did the horses mouth say why they stopped working on the project?? Did they say when they might open?? Many unanswered questions. Would anyone be willing to take new pictures and post them?? Thanks for any info you might have....

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
What does people drowning have to do with the resort??? Were they tourist? What resort were they staying at?? I have been told that this is a very nice beach?? please let me know if that is incorrect. Thanks...

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
Nice pictures SteveG. Only difference is that the piles of sand and gravel have weeds growing on the top, and the big 'Coming Soon' sign has gone. Plus I can't remember if it is 4 or 5 people drowned off that beach in the last few months.

Please advise as to what 4 or 5 people drowning off beach has to do with resort? Is this a dangerous beach??

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The resort looks the same as it did a year ago therefore no need for new photos.

The people who drowned were locals - both Dominican, Haitian and ex pat local. Only has a little to do with resort as I am sure the owners will not want too many guests to drown off the resort beach as it is not good for business, so they may have to work out how to protect beach from strong current and undertow. Or employ lifeguards a la Baywatch who know what they are doing.

It is a dangerous beach (obviously as people have drowned) - more so since the beach was extended - it seems to have altered the dynamics of the undertow and current. Lovely sand though.

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
Just looks the same as the construction was frozen for the past 2 years ... oops sorry the pothole in front became bigger :bored::bored::bored:

Thanks for the pic. I don't see the pothole your referring to. I must be blind.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Drove by about two hours ago.....

Watchman on site. NO work in progress, and a nice mudhole along the side although some debris has been tossed into the pothole! Great for the tires we just had repaired from our last jaunt that way..........:surprised

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
Watchman on site. NO work in progress, and a nice mudhole along the side although some debris has been tossed into the pothole! Great for the tires we just had repaired from our last jaunt that way..........:surprised

Thanks. In your opinion, do you feel that the property will open come June or July of 2008???

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
Heard from the horses mouth that they'll start working on it next month

Hello. Did you hear why there hasn't been anywork done for the past several months? Do you know anything about the resort, Aquabella? I hear that is going to be built next door? Thanks..

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
Land clearing next to Maxim bungalows started today!!!

Was the land clearing for Maxim Bungalows or for a different resort? Thanks for your eyes and updates. I will be flying down to PP this month, but don't know if I will be able to get down to JD. Any updates would be appreciated.

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
The resort looks the same as it did a year ago therefore no need for new photos.

The people who drowned were locals - both Dominican, Haitian and ex pat local. Only has a little to do with resort as I am sure the owners will not want too many guests to drown off the resort beach as it is not good for business, so they may have to work out how to protect beach from strong current and undertow. Or employ lifeguards a la Baywatch who know what they are doing.

It is a dangerous beach (obviously as people have drowned) - more so since the beach was extended - it seems to have altered the dynamics of the undertow and current. Lovely sand though.

would you be willing to take new photo's with the date stamped on the photo? I would be willing to compensate for updated photo's. Let me know if this is acceptable, or not. Thanks...

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Listen. I drive past the resort every day. NOTHING has happened for the last year. I could take photos but they are the same as Steve G took a year ago posted on this thread. NOTHING has changed apart from the fact there is grass growing on the sand and gravel in front of the building. NO ONE is working there. There is NO WAY it will open this year. You do not need to compensate for photos (thanks for offer) but the building has come to a standstill. If I see anything happening I will let u know by pm

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
Thanks, I appreciate your willingness to keep me informed to any changes. I hope that Elliott starts working on it soon. Take care....

bowhunter

Feb 4, 2008
Has anyone been inside

Has anyone been inside the Maxim to see what it looks like? I wonder if their rooms will be as nice as up in Sun Village. If somebody does stop by, please take a few photos and share them online.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
I have been in the Maxim condos in Cofresi and they are stunning. Perhaps its downtools in JD while the finish off the project in Cofresi, which is due it's official launch shortly.

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
I have been in the Maxim condos in Cofresi and they are stunning. Perhaps its downtools in JD while the finish off the project in Cofresi, which is due it's official launch shortly.

I thought that might be the case as well. I have been in Maxim Bungalows in Cofresi as well and was very impressed. I hope to see what JD looks like. Thanks for the info...

Status
Not open for further replies.