maxim bunglows in Juan Dolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
I would be careful, it has taken them years to do basically nothing with the resort, and their payment history is very suspect, ask any supplier, partner, or even employees.

Conchman, Hello. Have you had dealings with the Elliott's? I have investments with them for the past four years, and for the most part have been very happy. I'm alittle concerned that you say their payment history is very supect, and would appreciate it if you could send me some info on what your seeing from suppliers, partners, and employees. I feel that I have done some good research, but where I live in the states, I have limited time to keep up on what is going on down in the DR. If you have any info that you feel might be of interest to me, please PM me. Thanks...

pizzabite

Aug 19, 2006
Does anyone have any insight as to what stage the renovations are in, and when is the anticipated completion date? Seems like there has been almost no progress since last year.

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Does anyone have any insight as to what stage the renovations are in, and when is the anticipated completion date? Seems like there has been almost no progress since last year.

The last works they have done was flooring , change tiles , haven't seen anything else . It's real slow . Just don't see it coming this year . :ermm:

pizzabite

Aug 19, 2006
Steve, thanks for the pics and update. It appears the banner/sign was removed, has the developer/owner changed? Just out of curiousity what would you estimate the monthly govermental taxes and fees are for the entire property?

bowhunter

Feb 4, 2008
Pizzabite, what is this banner/sign that you are talking about? Does anybody have a picture with it? I'm curious to see what the sign said before. Thanks.

Investor

Jul 8, 2008
I'm interested in learning more about this project.

Can anybody shed some light on figures such as price per square foot, anticipated rate of return, specific risks, etc?

Investor

Jul 8, 2008
There could be many reasons.

My first guess would be to garner more sales before finishing and closing. It's more economical for them to wait now than to sell units after opening.

My second would be that they're focusing resources on completing the Cofresi project first.

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
To help with the answer to this question, I have been told that the property as is has a $59 mill value, Not sure what the taxes would be on that??

Status
Not open for further replies.