maxim bunglows in Juan Dolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008
including quote with question

To help with the answer to this question, I have been told that the property as is has a $59 mill value, Not sure what the taxes would be on that??

this is in response to the question asking what the taxes might be on this property. Hope this helps

Thorvald

Sep 25, 2007
Vacation at Maxim Bungalows

Hi Matilda, it's me again! :pirate:

It sounds like things are a bit slow still at the Maxim Bungalows. I'm getting ready to plan my December vacation. Think that Maxim Bungalows will be ready by then?

Thanks! :glasses:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

It sounds like things are a bit slow still at the Maxim Bungalows. I'm getting ready to plan my December vacation. Think that Maxim Bungalows will be ready by then?

In my humble opinion.....no way. Maybe December 2009 or 10 or 11 or..................

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008

Go stay at the Maxim Bungalows in Cofresi, they are great... I too wish that the Juan Dolio Maxim would open, so I could stay there, but I agree with Matilda, that it will still be awhile based on the current trend.

bowhunter

Feb 4, 2008
Working on it or not.

It has been a few weeks since I heard that anybody is working on the property. Is this still the case? Or are they just working very slowly? I'm hoping to visit the site next year.

Investor

Jul 8, 2008
Being from Canada and completely naive to government corruption, I initially thought that the delay in construction was attributable to poor sales.

The more that I think about it, I am starting to think that the problem may be more serious. Is it possible that the government has intervened on a foreign developer and is forcing their hand with unrealistic bribes?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Being from Canada and completely naive to government corruption, I initially thought that the delay in construction was attributable to poor sales.

The more that I think about it, I am starting to think that the problem may be more serious. Is it possible that the government has intervened on a foreign developer and is forcing their hand with unrealistic bribes?

They are out of money, very simple. Everybody knows this here on the North coast.

bowhunter

Feb 4, 2008
Elliott

They are out of money, very simple. Everybody knows this here on the North coast.

How do you know they are out of money? I'm not on the North coast so I haven't heard this. Would you happen to know of any web sites or newspaper articles that mention it?

kashbarker

Feb 1, 2008

Your correct, the Elliott's are cash flow poor and asset rich. Right now would be a great time for a savy investor to contact Elliott's and look at purchase options, just might get a great deal. Just my opinion.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
How do you know they are out of money? I'm not on the North coast so I haven't heard this. Would you happen to know of any web sites or newspaper articles that mention it?

Not sure if anything has been in the paper but:

1) They told me so directly because they cannot pay a debt they owe our company.
2) I know many suppliers that are in the same situation.
3) They had a meeting with all their suppliers (who are suing or threatening to sue) and told them this. I was not at this meeting but heard from other companies.
4) Some executives have not been paid for months.

bowhunter

Feb 4, 2008
Not sure if anything has been in the paper but:

1) They told me so directly because they cannot pay a debt they owe our company.
2) I know many suppliers that are in the same situation.
3) They had a meeting with all their suppliers (who are suing or threatening to sue) and told them this. I was not at this meeting but heard from other companies.
4) Some executives have not been paid for months.

Thanks for the reply. First hand info is always the best.

Did they happen to tell you if they planned on paying their debt when they can or are you just out of luck?

If you don't mind will you tell me what services or supplies you offer them and will you continued to do buisness with them if they straighten this mess out?

romando

Aug 11, 2008
I understand there is now a third party taking over the project and needs a cash infusion to meet it's monthly expenses. ($250K)
Does anyone know who the third party is?

tuffguy37

Aug 13, 2008
juan dolio

Hola,
I'm new to this forum, just found it today, but am seeking any information I can regarding juan dolio. I'm a property owner who has just received information regarding the sale of our promissory notes to a third party by Elliott, and am desperately seeking any insight anyone can provide regarding the continued viability of this company. Things don't appear to look too promising for Juan Dolio at the moment; does anyone have any additional insight?

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Hola,
I'm new to this forum, just found it today, but am seeking any information I can regarding juan dolio. I'm a property owner who has just received information regarding the sale of our promissory notes to a third party by Elliott, and am desperately seeking any insight anyone can provide regarding the continued viability of this company. Things don't appear to look too promising for Juan Dolio at the moment; does anyone have any additional insight?

First of all Welcome to DR1 tuffguy37 ! I hope you'll get all the info you are looking for on this forum . Can you provide some more info on your investment with Elliott group ? What , when , where and how did you invest ? ( just general info only , nothing to compromise you ) . What says in '' information regarding the sale of your promissory notes to a third party by Elliott '' ? This might help others to provide info that you are desperately seeking for and probably get to know others in such situation like yours .

tuffguy37

Aug 13, 2008
my elliott story, seeking suggestions

Thanks, Steve. I'll try to be more specific--I purchased several fractional interests in the Juan Dolio property in 2006 through by way of an investment company in Arizona with which I had become familiar. Since that time, Elliott has periodically sent out news briefs giving general updates regarding the progress of the project; I visited Cofresi last fall to finalize all paperwork with the understanding that all interest & priniciple payments were deferred until the Juan Dolio property was open (at that time, February 2008 was indicated as the open date). Reviewing the posts in this thread (and thank you, BTW for the pics!!), it appears little, if anything has been done since that time. I had not heard anything recently, but given the Elliott's past history of maintaining poor communications with me (and I assume with its other investors), as well as its apparent difficulty in keeping deadlines (we've been referring to it as "Dominican time", no offense intended!), I've simply been waiting to hear news. Suddenly, last Sunday, I got a call from "someone" from Eliott who asked me if I had received a letter from them (I hadn't) regarding the sale of our promissory notes for the balance (we had put 50% down, financed the rest as part of the deal). When I received my letter on Monday, it informed me that Eliott had already sold my note as part of an effort to raise cash "to assure the timely completion and success of this project". I was further informed that, if I act by Aug 31, I can pay 70% of the balance on the note and it will be retired w/ no further payments; or, I can wait for the new note owner to take possession on Sept 1, and was warned that the new owner will demand full payment with all accrued interest at that time. I'm in a quandary as to what to do--throw good money after apparently bad $$, walk away from the deal (don't know WHAT the ramifications of that would be, other than losing the investment, and am concerned about credit ratings, etc)...so, yeah, I'd be MOST interested to hear from anyone who is a)in the same Elliott boat, b) has had to walk away from a deal in the past and can provide some insight in to the ramifications of doing so, and/or c)might be able to provide some suggestions as to where to go with this. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.