Migracion has Some New Posts

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just got back from a market in Los Castillos that used to have Haitians selling the produce.
Today only Dominicans were staffing the business. When asked what happened, the reply was that
Migracion rounded up the Haitians. They didn't even have time to "register". :unsure:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think the original article said the government was interested in the number of Haitians living here(?).
Right, they would never care about illegal gringos in the DR. That will never be an issue. Not ever.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
26 days later, the registration of foreigners in the Dominican Republic does not begin

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … LI30298254

The registration of foreigners in the Dominican Republic has not yet begun 26 days after the Ministry of the Interior and Police put into operation two offices in the border provinces of Elías Piña and Dajabón.

Jesús “Chu” Vásquez, Minister of the Interior and Police, explained that the delay is due to the fact that it is necessary to comply with the purchasing procedures that are carried out through the emergency modality because, he said, it is a matter of national security.

However, the official did not explain what goods or services are being tendered because the equipment for biometric and facial registration, he said, is already there.

"No, the equipment is missing is ... we have reached an agreement with the Board (Central Electoral), so that the Board can take us biometric and facial data," he said.

With the 40 offices that the Government intends to inaugurate, it seeks to know how many there are, who they are and where are the foreigners residing in the country, regardless of their immigration status.

Foreigners must register at the office of the demarcation where they reside and if they are going to move to another city they will have to notify it in advance. There are no guarantees that the irregular foreigner who registers will not be deported because it is not a process of regularization or naturalization.

Vásquez said that they hope that the first two offices will be put into operation next week and affirmed that the work to inaugurate the others is “expedited”, ......

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wasteful spending.
That pretty much sums it up.
I see two parts for this going forward. Part H and Part G. One for sure and one some will say never will happen.

Here is how I see part of this for Part H

1) Migracion does a run rounding up illegals
2) They bring them to the closest new office for biometric data capture
3) Then deport them
4) Migracion does further roundups and they see how many were already captured in the data base, while capturing the data of others.
5) Deport them
6) Go to step 4

If and only if you see the over stay fines go away, there will be another part I will call part G. To be determined on that. Nobody believes the overstay fines will go away, The government already lied about enforcing the laws on those fines

You might be able to guess what G and H mean. Part H could also be called Project Boomerang.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It was a couple years ago - Don't you remember the gringo roundup in the hot buses ?
I do but I also remember the Ministry Of Tourism giving an apology afterwards to anyone who was caught up in their (immigration) dragnet, which was published in several national media outlets across the country.

Reactions: lifeisgreat

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It was a couple years ago - Don't you remember the gringo roundup in the hot buses ?
I refer to the future. Gringos are a don't care despite any obvious wording by the government to the contrary.
If you are an illegal gringo in the DR, you will only need to be concerned if the overstay fines go away. And that will never happen.