More cholera in the DR

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Same Procedure

The reported 231 cases are suspected cases pending lab test.

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/2012/04/17/i332497_brote-diarrea-santiag-colera.html

But the procedure is always the same.
The health minister denies the outbreak, hospital staff is told to keep their mouths shut and then private clinics confirm the disease...

Last year there were 156 (?) cholera deaths, finally officially admitted.

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/2012/01/12/i320167_colera-muertes-dominicana-enfermedad-.html

It won't be much different this year.

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If it "LOOKS LIKE COLERA"(The Patient)
If It "Smells" like Colera,"($HIT","PUKE")
And You "Treat It Like Colera",(IVs,antibiotics,"Big Corks")
Then it doesn't matter much how the "Lab Tests" come back!
Anyone want to discuss "Dengue Fever",Malaria,or any other Tropical THIRD World(DR) diseases???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Kuat

Apr 17, 2012
What, before you'd even been visited before? Sounds like the actions of a liability, best you don't.

Yeah I was planing to visit it to make a decision, but after reading horror stories about out of control crime and lack of basic necessities like clean water, I'm not so sure anymore.

Cholera outbreak is very simple: it means your water is contaminated with feces.
Which is pretty sheetty state of things for 21 century.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Good Choice",Kuat!
From what I have been hearing on "CNN",there are a lot of "Nice Girls" in Colombia.
11 "Secret Service Officers" can't be WRONG!
Just don't try to leave without paying them!!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Yeah I was planing to visit it to make a decision, but after reading horror stories about out of control crime and lack of basic necessities like clean water, I'm not so sure anymore.

Cholera outbreak is very simple: it means your water is contaminated with feces.
Which is pretty shitty state of things for 21 century.

That's exaggerated to say the least.

Also, take with what CC says with a grain of salt. He can't say anything positive about this country because he forgets to take his pills. We are taking donations on his behalf.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
According to our "resident Infectios Disease Expert,I don't need any pills.
I just need to "Boil" my water,and "WASH" my hands.
Then if I feel ill,I just go to my local hospital for care.
I'll take my sleeping bag,cause I'll have to sleep on the floor with all the other victims.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Kuat

Apr 17, 2012
Boiling water works, but ask yourself "why"?

Because there is cholera bacteria (human shit) in your water.

Do I really want to live in a country like that? :\
I'm more bummed out by that than you, because i really wanted to give DR a chance.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
"Good Choice",Kuat!
From what I have been hearing on "CNN",there are a lot of "Nice Girls" in Colombia.
11 "Secret Service Officers" can't be WRONG!
Just don't try to leave without paying them!!!

I can confirm that, they're gorgeous, sweet and even the skank ho's are educated so one can have a conversation not like in the DR. But luckily I don't have to go to Colombia to enjoy them, we've got lots of them here in Panama!!!!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Chippy Barrio Engineers

Because there is cholera bacteria (human shit) in your water.

Need a water line in your house?
No problem.

There are chippy barrio engineers who will do that for you for a small fee.
They open up a water pipe near you, a pickaxe will do... :tired:
A hose is pushed inside the tube...connected to a 'ladrona'....dirt over the 'connection'...done. :classic:

2wmq91c.jpg

Thus dirt and contaminated surface water is sucked into the house system... :bunny:
It is not a barrio problem, it is a brain problem.

donP

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
I can confirm that, they're gorgeous, sweet and even the skank ho's are educated so one can have a conversation not like in the DR. But luckily I don't have to go to Colombia to enjoy them, we've got lots of them here in Panama!!!!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

So, the OP who started this thread not as a public service announcement but to further his agenda of highlighting anything negative about the DR he can, finally makes the plug for his beloved Panama. Perhaps everyone that doesn't live in Panama should find a Panamanian forum and post similarly.

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
Go suck a coco!!!

Everyone please note this defensive childish response before considering anything that the Op posts to be without an agenda.

frank must be really busy with important things in Panama to be spending so much time on a Dominican Republic forum posting every negative thing he can find or think of. Way to go frank, you've made my point much clearer for the readers.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Everyone please note this defensive childish response before considering anything that the Op posts to be without an agenda.

frank must be really busy with important things in Panama to be spending so much time on a Dominican Republic forum posting every negative thing he can find or think of. Way to go frank, you've made my point much clearer for the readers.

The thing is most readers have known me for years they know exactly where I'm coming from. You on the other hand nobody knows, so go play with some coco, cocoboy

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Lisa",having been responsible for very large,hospital/industrial water systems,both here,and in the USA,I say,"Don't Bother".
The filters WILL become sources of contamination.In the hospitals,we had the means to do nearly immediate checking of the water's bacteria counts,metals,"other".In a home setting you don't.As has been said,even the bottled water is suspect."Home filters" don't hurt anything,as long as they are VERY well maintained/filters changed very often.They can remove some sedament,thatsgood.
"Home Systems","To much "Squeeze",for not enough "JUICE"!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011

What, and you have a busy schedule taking it on yourself to policing members posts, for the benefit of who?

'Everyone, Everyone, look look', how fkin old are you?:tired:

EllaTO

Mar 16, 2012
I am confused... No, it doesn't take much sometimes.... Since tap water is a no go and bottled water is suspect at best and home systems are difficult to maintain properly...ls the best course of action buy the big bottles, boil it, brita it and cross our fingers? I've never yet suffered any ill effects from the water in the DR although I did get shigella once in Athens and never ever want to go through that again...

Ella

Kuat

Apr 17, 2012
I suspect that bottled water in DR is just a regular tap water that underwent some kind of treatment (usually some crappy filter system) so I wouldn't count on this kind of bottled water too much. You need to check the source of the water.

A good bottled water would come from some kind of deep (100m-200m) natural underground reservoir or from snow/glacials up in the mountains. I don't know if DR has any of these.

Also, for a water to be completely drinkable, it needs to be cleaned of metal traces and other chemicals and impurities, as well as micro organisms. So a simple home filter like Brita would only soften the water a bit, filtering out heavy metals/salts/chemichals, but you'd still need to boil it to kill off any microorganisms. (alternatively, an UV treatment could be used to kill off bacteria).