My Father was murdered today

web

Nov 5, 2005
May God be with you and your family during this difficult time. I hope you find resolution and peace in this tragic event. In other words, I hope the guilty party is found and is dealt with accordingly. Even though ending his pathetic existence would in no way justify the heinous act. May God Bless!

monster

Oct 16, 2005
whoa...this is a horrible situation. I am sorry to hear this. I remember reading this thread not that long ago, and I like others, suspect the that thread might have something to do with the murder.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
This is SHOCKING!!
I am so sorry for your loss!
It seems like I hear about more murders in the DR since discovering this site.
I understand that we will read the good the bad and the ugly but it's disturbing.
Steve

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Mark - I am absolutely GUTTED!!! I knew your Father from the days he was visiting the island many years ago, liked & respected him & visited him at the finca a couple of times! He also visited our house several times in the early years!!

OUCH, but this hurts!!

I will e-mail you with some suggestions tomorrow & will certainly be asking some questions around town myself!

Yours in pain ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Ye gods, Mark. We knew your father before he moved here and of course, after he moved. He was one of the best: generous, warm, cheerful, independent and with a lot of guts. This is appalling. simply appalling. Grahame and I will make some enquiries in the morning (it's after midnight now) and in the meanwhile I'll email you. I am so very sorry; I'm really lost for words.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Mark,

My condolances on your loss.

Please investigate thoroughly before taking any action, including contacting his laywers and friends here..

Meanwhile you might want to hire an armed security firm, with no local connections, to protect the property on the mountain against vandalism and theft.

MD

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Very tragic

Condolences to you and your family. Obviously you or other family members will be in the DR to look after your father's affairs, you should seek protection as those responsible will definitely attempt to thwart efforts to bring them to justice.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Here is the report, published by Hoy, on the murder of Mr. Robbins:

Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital

That article in Hoy Digital discounts robbery as a motive since the police found cash, a watch, a necklace and a Smith and Wesson 38 revolver in the cab of the truck.

Your father had planned to build a small police station in la Vig?a because of all the robberies in that area. He had repaired a light truck for the police and had donated a motorcycle to the police for patrols in El Cupey, la Gran Parada y Ni?a G?mez.

The police stated that they had not arrested anybody but that they have some good leads. I hope his good will towards the police will motivate them to investigate thoroughly.

The maximum penalty for murder in the DR is 30 years. In my opinion the death penalty would be preferable to a week in la Victoria prison.

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
Heartfelt Condolences

I wish to offer my heartfelt condolences to the family. This is very, very sad.

Justintime

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
The thread mentioned previously is very informative. Your father was fearing for his life. This thread should be legally translated to spanish, and submited (by your lawyer) to justice.

My condoleances to you, with my deep sympathy.

A tragic example of how things can go really wrong for gringos sometimes...

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I didn't know your father at all but as I was shot 3 months ago and against the odds survived I have some idea what you are going through. My sincere condolences, and I wish you all the best with your fight for justice. I hope that they catch the murderers. You may find that a reward will work wonders.

ahogachivo

Oct 5, 2006
very sorry to hear about ur lost, know some people in the area if i heard anything different that the newspaper may say i will get back to u sorry again