My Father was murdered today

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
May Your Father Rest In Eternal Peace!

After reading some of his posts it is apparent that he came to the DR as a happy man,with the hope of being a positive force here. He was a "Nice person"! Too nice for the DR! Dominicans mistake "kindness" for "weakness",and take advantage of anyone who shows them kindness! Especially "Foreigners"!!!!
Sadly they must be treated like "CRAP" to get them to work!

I know the culprets will be brought to justice very soon. Unfortunately,the DR does not have the Death Penalty! Sometimes criminals do die in prison here!

TRW

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
WOW...I'm speechless. I remember that thread about the ex-employee vividly as I posted a couple of comments in it myself. At the time I told him about having a bodyguard. Not sure if this would have helped...too late to know now.

Someone please translate his comments on that thread and take it to the police, as it is quite apparent that there's a connection between his murder and this Paulino guy and his "associates".

To think that all he wanted was to live in peace and make a difference in the community...I didn't know you personally Caribee, but may you rest in peace and may you have the justice you deserve...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
After reading some of his posts it is apparent that he came to the DR as a happy man,with the hope of being a positive force here. He was a "Nice person"! Too nice for the DR! Dominicans mistake "kindness" for "weakness",and take advantage of anyone who shows them kindness! Especially "Foreigners"!!!!
Sadly they must be treated like "CRAP" to get them to work!

I know the culprets will be brought to justice very soon. Unfortunately,the DR does not have the Death Penalty! Sometimes criminals do die in prison here!

TRW
I hear what you are trying to say CC & generally I would agree with you BUT......

Lloyd was someone who had done his homework where Dominicans were concerned & knew how to treat them. "Weakness" was not a word that entered his vocabulary & "kindness" was always substituted by "Fairness". He was well respected & liked for all his works by 99% of the locals - it would seem logical to me that he was upsetting the 'OLD' culture up on the hill by introducing new thoughts & ways to the camposinos & therefore had upset those who wanted to rule roost up there.

There is much more to this than an upset worker or another landowner feeling jealous I am sure. I hope the authorities are encouraged to find the intellectual authors of this haenous murder of a compassionate & honourable man. ~ Grahame.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
I am sorry to hear of your family?s loss, Mark. Don?t stop any work you are doing to help the nice people of the DR because of this tragedy. Eventually, fairness and kindness can overcome evil, it just takes more time in some places.

RIP Lloyd.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
It is indeed a shocking case, particularly because the victim had posted here about the problems he was having and the death threats he'd received. I hope justice is done and those responsible arrested and their motives made public. I read in the Hoy report that Mr. Robbins' mother, who lived with him and who is about 80, had left for the US the same day he was murdered. My most sincere condolences to his son Mark- the OP- and the whole family.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I just clicked and found the picture horrifying--please be warned before opening the report.

Again, I am so sorry about this brutal murder and may justice be served!!

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
My condolences to you and your family. I feel so sad and I hope they will find the executors. This is really horrible....I can't find the words....

May 12, 2005
Please accept my sympathies on the murder of your father. Hopefully the savage that pulled the trigger will have a swft and vengeful end.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The sad part of all of this is that the world lost a fine person who was trying to live a good life while providing work for others. And this is how he is repaid.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I am so sorry for the loss your family has suffered. It is never easy to lose a loved one and these circumstances are especially difficult. My prayers are with you and your family.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I could write a lot on this subject, but all I will say is how very sorry I am for your loss. I didn't know your father but have seen him here several times. I am sure he was a good person with good intentions.

Crane

Apr 2, 2006
Sincere condolences from my family to yours, unfortunately, I didn't have the pleasure of meeting your father, however, from all accounts he seems to have been an upstanding man. I pray that justice for the perpetrator/s is swift and unyielding.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I am devastated to hear of your loss.

From your fathers posts, he seemed like a good man that always tried to do the right thing. It sounds like he will be missed by many.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
This is really sad. This broke my heart. Hasta cuando!!!

My condolences to you and your family Mark.

HASTA CUANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!