New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
I got here on the 5th. I filled out the e-ticket on line for and the other medical info form. The attendant gave me 4 forms on the plane, which 2 is the same of the on line forms. I fill out all of them, and when I got to the airport (POP), they only took one small form from my pile of paper. No e-ticket was required. But I saw a sign with the QR code posted by the exit.
Hello, that was us (customs) by the exit, we will take either your blue form or your QR Code (e-ticket) whichever you show us first.

Reactions: Caonabo and cavok

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Hello, that was us (customs) by the exit, we will take either your blue form or your QR Code (e-ticket) whichever you show us first.
The first thing that is shown is your passport. So at the same time I showed my e-tic. So I asked her at the next step what do I show her? She said only your passport. Did she put some sort of notation on the stamp? Then the next step was customs. There she motioned me to the other line (first in line) because she did not have a scanner. That took all of 3 minutes max. This was done at SDQ two days ago.

Reactions: POP DGA

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas

We arrived back to the DR 2 weeks ago and gave the Immigration officials the printed QR codes from entry and departure. It seemed we were the only ones on our flight that had them. Everyone was carried the multiple paper forms like before. Ugh -

It's so new, the Customs Official had to walk about 20 feet from her desk to grap her scanner pistol from another Customs Offical. They only had ONE scanner gun at the airport. - ha,ha, ha.

I have to admit. It's so much easier than filling out all the reams of paperwork. But you have to mind think a bit. Remember! You need a QR code for your arrival date and one for your departure date.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just left from PUJ and returned. E Ticket, never mentioned at check in, customs. or anywhere else.....................Both ways................

Reactions: CristoRey

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
The first thing that is shown is your passport. So at the same time I showed my e-tic. So I asked her at the next step what do I show her? She said only your passport. Did she put some sort of notation on the stamp? Then the next step was customs. There she motioned me to the other line (first in line) because she did not have a scanner. That took all of 3 minutes max. This was done at SDQ two days ago.
Migration will only scan your passport, their sistem displays your e-ticket information linked to your passport, however, we, customs (DGA) will need to scan your QR code.

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
It was postpone to March yet again
That's correct, both the e-ticket and hadwritten forms will be accepted until 31 March, with "e-ticket only" starting April 1, however, we're encouraging all passengers to switch to e-ticket since past december.

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
Just left from PUJ and returned. E Ticket, never mentioned at check in, customs. or anywhere else.....................Both ways................
Since handwritten forms are still accepted you may go through customs without your e-ticket, but they do have the scanners installed at PUJ to receive your e-ticket instead of the blue form. We're making an effort at POP airport to inform all travelers about the e-ticket and are encouraging them to use that instead for their next time.

Migration will only scan your passport, their system displays your e-ticket information linked to it, so they won't ask you for it or any QR code, unless you didn't fill it, in which case they will make you fill two forms right there (...ugh)

Reactions: karmatourer

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm going to airport shortly with my PCR, e ticket, passport, no liquids , electronics out, purchased nothing, one overhead, one underseat, and a container of mango with sun dried tomatoes, bla bla bla. Everytime I get the procedure correct they go off and change it. No doubt I will miss step one day and will be left "holding the bag". LOL, that would be my bag at the gate.:rolleyes:

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
I'm going to airport shortly with my PCR, e ticket, passport, no liquids , electronics out, purchased nothing, one overhead, one underseat, and a container of mango with sun dried tomatoes, bla bla bla. Everytime I get the procedure correct they go off and change it. No doubt I will miss step one day and will be left "holding the bag". LOL, that would be my bag at the gate.:rolleyes:
Hello, glad to see you come prepared!

Beaware though, if you're entering the country, those mangoes will be a problem (no fruits / vegetables allowed), if you're leaving the DR, check with your destination so you won't have problems with fruits there upon arrival.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Beaware though, if you're entering the country, those mangoes will be a problem (no fruits / vegetables allowed), if you're leaving the DR, check with your destination so you won't have problems with fruits there upon arrival.
Excellent point. My cunada received a $250 fine landing in the USA because her daughter had mangoes in her luggage.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
Excellent point. My cunada received a $250 fine landing in the USA because her daughter had mangoes in her luggage.
Years ago my son was "taken to the back room" upon entering the USA; one of the dogs sniffed something in his luggage. He had purchased a fresh woven palm hat and packed it away. Good dog!

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
They already have the equivalent of an online visa. You can apply online for your tourist card and pay the same as an overstay fee. I can't remember if it's for 90 or 120 days(?). Would be nice if they extended it to 6 months. 4 months takes care of most snowbirds in my condominium.

I just found it. 120 days,
Any chance you could post the link for that

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Dead on point my man ‼️
Customs dog hit on my bag returning to my country of origin.
Search turned up nothing.
Handler though it was strange as the B was usually reliable.
I put my thinking cap on for a minute.
Told him I had a banana in that bag.
But I ate it on the plane.
💡 came on.
Mystery solved.
I make it a point not to "ride dirty"

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Lol. Leave it to spell check and fat fingers. I had in a small container my GF prepared for me
MANGU with a topping of diced sun dried tomatoes and fresh parsley.
lol. Meant ton write MANGUE

• Haha

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
We arrived back to the DR 2 weeks ago and gave the Immigration officials the printed QR codes from entry and departure. It seemed we were the only ones on our flight that had them. Everyone was carried the multiple paper forms like before. Ugh -

It's so new, the Customs Official had to walk about 20 feet from her desk to grap her scanner pistol from another Customs Offical. They only had ONE scanner gun at the airport. - ha,ha, ha.

I have to admit. It's so much easier than filling out all the reams of paperwork. But you have to mind think a bit. Remember! You need a QR code for your arrival date and one for your departure date.
It's me replying to my post above.... when leaving the DR after extending our stay, I had new the QR codes on my phone since we did not have a printer.
The Customs Official who stamped our passports did not have a scanner in his cubicle. He just looked at it and sent us through. - ha, ha, ha!

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
It's me replying to my post above.... when leaving the DR after extending our stay, I had new the QR codes on my phone since we did not have a printer.
The Customs Official who stamped our passports did not have a scanner in his cubicle. He just looked at it and sent us through. - ha, ha, ha!
Hello, thanks for the follow up on your arrival and departure experience.

Migration officers do not need to scan your QR code for either arrival or departure, when they swipe your passport your e-ticket shows up on their screen (it's linked to the passport)

You will need your QR code mostly for arrivals, to show it to customs. For departure, customs won't normally ask any passenger for it, but it's a good idea to have it on your phone in case your bag is inspected or if you have something to declare when leaving the country.

snowbrat85

Sep 6, 2014
SDQ is still accepting flights from the US at 3am, what are the guidelines for traveling during the curfew? if she has my airport ticket info will that suffice any cops hassling the taxi/ubers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.