No terrorism in the DR

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
I think it is a bad idea for anyone living here to think it (terrorism) could not/ would not
ever happen in the DR.
I can remember when people had this same attitude in Bali.

Good point, but remember that Bali is in Indonesia, a Muslim country, while here in the DR we are geographically removed from the "joys" of Islam.
It's funny, that is one of the reasons I moved here, after having to report a co-worker to the RCMP division that investigates possible terror suspects in Canada.
Hopefully Latin America will remain on the outside of this savagery and barbarism.
Meanwhile, and sadly, Europe and other Western countries will see more of this violence, brought to you by the "Religion of Pieces" (a piece over here, a piece over there…)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Under Spanish command no-doubt, like real Europhilic sycophants. And when the train in Madrid blew up the Spaniards didnt hold the course...and that was all she wrote about that.

Still waiting on the GWBush war crimes indictment. Throw a couple at Cheney and Wolfowitz too.

yes, they were under Spanish command.

Apr 7, 2014
Good point, but remember that Bali is in Indonesia, a Muslim country, while here in the DR we are geographically removed from the "joys" of Islam.
It's funny, that is one of the reasons I moved here, after having to report a co-worker to the RCMP division that investigates possible terror suspects in Canada.
Hopefully Latin America will remain on the outside of this savagery and barbarism.
Meanwhile, and sadly, Europe and other Western countries will see more of this violence, brought to you by the "Religion of Pieces" (a piece over here, a piece over there?)

Yea...because that Spanish inquistion and conquest.of the Americas was so peaceful, itself, right? Beheading people, torturing them, cutting of limbs, drowning them, and working them to death was the most humane thing any pious Christian could do in the New World.

Terrorism in Latinamerica was the norm in Colombia 10-20 years ago. Has Mexico in grips as we speak. I was in Mexico in 1999 and it was nothing like it is now. El Salvador has a horrendous terror problem due to all those gangmembers from California who were expelled after they did their jail time.

In fact, Dominicans cant do terrorism becausr they are too lazy to be extremist and radical. They would rather YOU be extremist, radical and idealistic and then just share the spoils with me when you win your objective.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yea...because that Spanish inquistion and conquest.of the Americas was so peaceful, itself, right? Beheading people, torturing them, cutting of limbs, drowning them, and working them to death was the most humane thing any pious Christian could do in the New World.

Terrorism in Latinamerica was the norm in Colombia 10-20 years ago. Has Mexico in grips as we speak. I was in Mexico in 1999 and it was nothing like it is now. El Salvador has a horrendous terror problem due to all those gangmembers from California who were expelled after they did their jail time.

In fact, Dominicans cant do terrorism becausr they are too lazy to be extremist and radical. They would rather YOU be extremist, radical and idealistic and then just share the spoils with me when you win your objective.

the DR does not take a stance on anything which might cause them to be unpopular with Europe. they abstained from critical UN anti apartheid votes, they supported the Iraq war, and they have generally stayed away from anything that might upset the big boys.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Whatever low (and by low, I mean looooow) terrorism risks the DR faces, the areas most likely to be struck could be:

• Punta Cana - B?varo (greatest concentration of Europeans / North Americans at any given time)

• Santo Domingo (the nicer district, because terrorists have a habit of not striking in slums or ghettoes)

• Boca Chica (along the Duarte on most evenings)

• Sos?a (along Pedro Clisante on most evenings)

• Cabarete (during the windsurfing championship or most evenings along the beach)

Since the French seem to be on the radar screen for terrorists, I'll add Las Terrenas too.

That's assuming its one of those Middle Eastern radical muslim lunatics (notice I said radical muslims and not muslims, as in not normal good people muslims) attacks.

The old risk of a violent communist take over is pretty much gone (thanks Balaguer!), so that's one less source of terrorism for people to worry about.

But that may, and this is a big may, be replaced with The Nation of Islam among a small minority of African Americans. They recently held a rally on the mall in Washington DC saying all sorts of nonsense and historically incorrect references, all in the name of uniting the DR to Haiti. They even made a prayer to Boukman (one of the initiator of the Haitian Revolution), presented a so-called Dominican (most Dominicans don't believe he's actually Dominican, considering all the nonsense he said), among other things that are downright insulting to any self-respecting Dominican.

The whole possibility of any terrorism risk from their part is based on:

• They are a rather radical muslim group, mostly full of racial resentments.

• They had a banner on their podium that said 'JUSTICE OR ELSE.' What they meant by 'justice' is the destruction of the DR for the benefit of Haiti. The 'else,' well, whatelse can it mean? They have plenty of lunatics among the ranks for that 'else' to be something serious if they think it would support their ultimate goal which is to coarse Dominicans to renounce our independence and sovereignty.

• Their racial resentments is geared mostly towards whites, so since the DR is home to 99% of the whites that live on the island and is a major playground for a mostly white tourist base with visible concentration of white tourists along several parts of the Dominican coast; it doesn't takes a rocket scientist to figure out what these Nation of Islam lunatics might be willing to do.

• One of their leader (I think its Farrakhan or however his last name is written) visited Haiti first (and is probably the only country of the island he has ever set his foot on). In his 'arrival' speech, which I think took place at the very same airpory in Port-au-Prince, he made it clear that what motivated his visit was a desire to get to know Haiti's voodoo and the underlining anti-white resentments. I personally don't doubt he got together with that segment of the Haitian political class that believes that the entire island belongs to Haiti. This group still exist, albeit they have been out of power for a long time. The fact that they are still active is a source of concern among certain Dominican groups because they could rise to power and that's a problem.

Anyway, this is what the leader of the Nation of Islam of the USA said when he arrived at Port-au-Prince in 2011. After this visit the Nation of Islam developed an 'interest' in Dominican-Haitian affairs and that lead to the 'Justice or ELSE' nonsense they held in Washington DC not too long ago. Dominican intelligence members need to infiltrate that group to figure out what their intentions are, because this could spell trouble for the DR in the not so distant future. Considering their goal is the destruction of the DR, anywhere with significant amount of people could be a target for these lunatics.

[video=youtube;loA5fRVIuCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loA5fRVIuCI[/video]

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Whatever low (and by low, I mean looooow) terrorism risks the DR faces, the areas most likely to be struck could be:

• Punta Cana - B?varo (greatest concentration of Europeans / North Americans at any given time)

• Santo Domingo (the nicer district, because terrorists have a habit of not striking in slums or ghettoes)

• Boca Chica (along the Duarte on most evenings)

• Sos?a (along Pedro Clisante on most evenings)

• Cabarete (during the windsurfing championship or most evenings along the beach)

Since the French seem to be on the radar screen for terrorists, I'll add Las Terrenas too.

That's assuming its one of those Middle Eastern radical muslim lunatics (notice I said radical muslims and not muslims, as in not normal good people muslims) attacks.

The old risk of a violent communist take over is pretty much gone (thanks Balaguer!), so that's one less source of terrorism for people to worry about.

But that may, and this is a big may, be replaced with The Nation of Islam among a small minority of African Americans. They recently held a rally on the mall in Washington DC saying all sorts of nonsense and historically incorrect references, all in the name of uniting the DR to Haiti. They even made a prayer to Boukman (one of the initiator of the Haitian Revolution), presented a so-called Dominican (most Dominicans don't believe he's actually Dominican, considering all the nonsense he said), among other things that are downright insulting to any self-respecting Dominican.

• They are a rather radical muslim group, mostly full of racial resentments.

• They had a banner on their podium that said 'JUSTICE OR ELSE.' What they meant by 'justice' is the destruction of the DR for the benefit of Haiti. The 'else,' well, whatelse can it mean? They have plenty of lunatics among the ranks for that 'else' to be something serious if they think it would support their ultimate goal which is to coarse Dominicans to renounce our independence and sovereignty.

• Their racial resentments is geared mostly towards whites, so since the DR is home to 99% of the whites that live on the island and is a major playground for a mostly white tourist base with visible concentration of white tourists along several parts of the Dominican coast; it doesn't takes a rocket scientist to figure out what these Nation of Islam lunatics might be willing to do.

• One of their leader (I think its Farrakhan or however his last name is written) visited Haiti first (and is probably the only country of the island he has ever set his foot on). In his 'arrival' speech, which I think took place at the very same airpory in Port-au-Prince, he made it clear that what motivated his visit was a desire to get to know Haiti's voodoo and the underlining anti-white resentments. I personally don't doubt he got together with that segment of the Haitian political class that believes that the entire island belongs to Haiti. This group still exist, albeit they have been out of power for a long time. The fact that they are still active is a source of concern among certain Dominican groups because they could rise to power and that's a problem.

Anyway, this is what the leader of the Nation of Islam of the USA said when he arrived at Port-au-Prince in 2011. After this visit the Nation of Islam developed an 'interest' in Dominican-Haitian affairs and that lead to the 'Justice or ELSE' nonsense they held in Washington DC not too long ago. Dominican intelligence members need to infiltrate that group to figure out what their intentions are, because this could spell trouble for the DR in the not so distant future. Considering their goal is the destruction of the DR, anywhere with significant amount of people could be a target for these lunatics.

NALS, i give you more credit than this. seriously , man, you embarrass me with this bunk.

Nation of Islam terrorists. now i have heard everything.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Terrorists only vacation in DR. Can no one remember that story in the news a year or two ago, a man and woman connected to terrorism spotted on vacation?

Can't remember the group or nationality.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, it was the French/Algerian couple: the man was the one who attacked the Jewish supermarket after the Charlie Hebdo murderers and was killed at the scene, and his wife, who managed to escape from France after the attacks. They had been on holiday some time before.

Apr 7, 2014

? Punta Cana - B?varo (greatest concentration of Europeans / North Americans at any given time)

? Santo Domingo (the nicer district, because terrorists have a habit of not striking in slums or ghettoes)

? Boca Chica (along the Duarte on most evenings)

? Sos?a (along Pedro Clisante on most evenings)

? Cabarete (during the windsurfing championship or most evenings along the beach)

? They are a rather radical muslim group, mostly full of racial resentments.

? They had a banner on their podium that said 'JUSTICE OR ELSE.' What they meant by 'justice' is the destruction of the DR for the benefit of Haiti. The 'else,' well, whatelse can it mean? They have plenty of lunatics among the ranks for that 'else' to be something serious if they think it would support their ultimate goal which is to coarse Dominicans to renounce our independence and sovereignty.

? Their racial resentments is geared mostly towards whites, so since the DR is home to 99% of the whites that live on the island and is a major playground for a mostly white tourist base with visible concentration of white tourists along several parts of the Dominican coast; it doesn't takes a rocket scientist to figure out what these Nation of Islam lunatics might be willing to do.

? One of their leader (I think its Farrakhan or however his last name is written) visited Haiti first (and is probably the only country of the island he has ever set his foot on). In his 'arrival' speech, which I think took place at the very same airpory in Port-au-Prince, he made it clear that what motivated his visit was a desire to get to know Haiti's voodoo and the underlining anti-white resentments. I personally don't doubt he got together with that segment of the Haitian political class that believes that the entire island belongs to Haiti. This group still exist, albeit they have been out of power for a long time. The fact that they are still active is a source of concern among certain Dominican groups because they could rise to power and that's a problem.

Biggest crock of bull**** I ever read....and that is being nice.

Apr 7, 2014
i will be long gone from this planet before anyone writes anything that dumb again. it took me over 60 years to read something that stupid. sixty more years is a long time.
Now you know why Pan African Black Liberation Theology would never work with Dominicans. That comment struck me as Pinochio-esque wrapped in Europhilia and some faulty concept of Spain being the Motherland.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Now you know why Pan African Black Liberation Theology would never work with Dominicans. That comment struck me as Pinochio-esque wrapped in Europhilia and some faulty concept of Spain being the Motherland.

good for you that you can define it in esoteric terms. i just find it pathetic. i expected better from NALS. then again, a man who lives in the USA, and who, apparently, has no idea of who Louis Farrakhan is, simply amazes me.

as to Black Liberation Theology working in the DR...no chance. it only works if you consider yourself to be black, and if you want to be liberated. this is the country of the caribbean whose leaders have never espoused anti colonialism and progressive ideas, as far as society goes. to have stood on the sidelines watching the fight against apartheid from a safe distance is to its everlasting discredit.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Let me rephrase. Since this topic is called No Terrorism in DR ,it seems relevant to the topic (imo) that three Syrians coming from Haiti were arrested in St. Maarten suspected to be traveling on false passports. If they came to Haiti and travel to St Martin, where officials are worried tourist destinations could be targeted, what does that say about DR?

I didn't want to make a new topic for this since it's only an investigation. But not to spread the discussion over various threads posted it here.

http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-1...-coming-from-haiti-arrested-in-st-martin.html

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Let me rephrase. Since this topic is called No Terrorism in DR ,it seems relevant to the topic (imo) that three Syrians coming from Haiti were arrested in St. Maarten suspected to be traveling on false passports. If they came to Haiti and travel to St Martin, where officials are worried tourist destinations could be targeted, what does that say about DR?

I didn't want to make a new topic for this since it's only an investigation. But not to spread the discussion over various threads posted it here.

http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-1...-coming-from-haiti-arrested-in-st-martin.html

i fail to see how three Syrians travelling on fake passports has anything to do with terrorism. if fake passports suggested terrorism, then half the people in the USA would be suspects, not the least of which would be Dominicans.

oh..i missed it.......Syrians.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
i fail to see how three Syrians travelling on fake passports has anything to do with terrorism. if fake passports suggested terrorism, then half the people in the USA would be suspects, not the least of which would be Dominicans.

oh..i missed it.......Syrians.

Police on the island and Dutch press is making that link. However my point is, we easily say that here in the DR or in the region there are hardly any Muslims, let alone extremists or terrorists, but this news says otherwise.