No terrorism in the DR

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Islam is alive and well in the DR. More than 2000 Dominicans have converted to Islam. The video is in Spanish:

[video=youtube_share;6XdUN9wyizo]https://youtu.be/6XdUN9wyizo[/video]

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Good point, but remember that Bali is in Indonesia, a Muslim country, while here in the DR we are geographically removed from the "joys" of Islam.
It's funny, that is one of the reasons I moved here, after having to report a co-worker to the RCMP division that investigates possible terror suspects in Canada.
Hopefully Latin America will remain on the outside of this savagery and barbarism.
Meanwhile, and sadly, Europe and other Western countries will see more of this violence, brought to you by the "Religion of Pieces" (a piece over here, a piece over there?)

This and the government officials need to make sure they don't let it potential Muslim Terrorists.

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
Islam is alive and well in the DR. More than 2000 Dominicans have converted to Islam.

2000 converts to Islam in the DR is virtually NONE. (Thank God)
Compare this to well over a million in Canada (and rapidly growing), at least 5 million in the USA, and 4 million in France.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Compare this to well over a million in Canada (and rapidly growing), at least 5 million in the USA, and 4 million in France.

So with DR receiving just under 6 million tourists annually......16,500 on average daily.....and knowing that there now are significant Muslim populations in those countries from where the great majority of DR tourists come, it is not unreasonable to assume that several hundred Muslims arrive for vacations on average daily.

That is absolutely not a reason to worry because very, very few Muslims indeed have anything whatsoever to do with terrorism and are peace loving people. I would be more worried about certain South and Central American nationals visiting in increasing numbers.

The risks are very low and with the introduction of US Border Control at Punta Cana airport shortly, this can only give greater peace of mind to the majority of travelers to DR.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

And hoping it stays that way.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
And you cant have religion in the regular forums........................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Moderator's note: Interesting post, but not DR related. Post in OT

Last edited by a moderator:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Moderator's note: What is it about NOT DR RELATED that you don't comprehend????

Last warning, gave you 3 strikes, next one and you're out.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
we have three threads in OT where you guys can discuss this to death without getting banned. Look be for you leap ;)

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I would not surprised if things are tightened up so much at home as far as security goes, if the terrorists do not start looking for "soft" targets such as countries like the DR. Make westerners afraid to go on vacation....it could be next.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
NALS, i give you more credit than this. seriously , man, you embarrass me with this bunk.

Nation of Islam terrorists. now i have heard everything.

Biggest crock of bull**** I ever read....and that is being nice.
Those are similar responses I've read in other forums, but instead it was regarding whether letting refugees enter Europe basically without control was a wise thing. Some people claimed it could be an easy way for terrorist to enter Europe and their detractors went on the usual attacks because they lacked any counterarguments. That's what people do when they want to reject something, but don't know how to.

I'm not truly wondering why the attackers have quiet down lately.

A 'refugee' in killers' ranks: Terrorist linked to Syrian refugee route

Suddenly people are having second thoughts and the people that questioned the open door policy to anyone that asked for asylum don't appear to be 'crock of bull****', as you would say.

After attacks in Paris, governors refuse to accept Syrian refugees

Oh yes, on page 14 of the first part of the FBI investigation on the Nation of Islam gives some interesting details (cannibalism, human sacrifices, racism as its cornerstone foundation, etc). All important information regarding an organization that has some lunatics among its ranks. This is something the DR government needs to take seriously.

FBI - Nation of Islam

Last edited: