north coast roads report - 2019

We took that road from Santiago on Wednesday. What a pleasant surprise! Even the unpaved section near the north coast road is not that bad, and it's clear work is being done in the washout areas before they get paved.

Very wide and well-engineered drainage.

I'm gonna carve it up on a bike next weekend. Anybody care to ride with me?

We drove back on the main road, and once again, impressive. Not that much construction left, mainly around the new cruise port. I almost didn't recognize the road.

The CT is our new go-to road to the North Coast.

Also: the road from Santiago to Juncalito is complete and awesome!

Do that road regularly now, most times 45 mins to 50 mins

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
We took that road from Santiago on Wednesday. What a pleasant surprise! Even the unpaved section near the north coast road is not that bad, and it's clear work is being done in the washout areas before they get paved.

Very wide and well-engineered drainage.

I'm gonna carve it up on a bike next weekend. Anybody care to ride with me?

We drove back on the main road, and once again, impressive. Not that much construction left, mainly around the new cruise port. I almost didn't recognize the road.

The CT is our new go-to road to the North Coast.

Also: the road from Santiago to Juncalito is complete and awesome!

You should give the Tenares - Gaspar Hernandez road a try....all new ashfault except 4 spots from 100-200 meters long that need work....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You should give the Tenares - Gaspar Hernandez road a try....all new ashfault except 4 spots from 100-200 meters long that need work....
We used to take that road, but it got really bad.

Are the 200 meters along the fault lines? How bad is it. Last ride through there it had an unavoidable 12" drop, kinda snuck up on us. Not good on a larger non-dirt bike, and a challenge for a trailer.