Observations from the Frontier III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
When George W, in a desperate bid to prop up his failing favorable numbers (currently standing around 30% of U.S. registered voters), decides to skirt international law and strike at Iran, and provoke a violent disruption in the flow of oil from the Middle East, he will attempt to secure a continuous supply of oil to the U.S. by taking military control of Venezuelan oil production. Unfortunately, Mr. George W. will have left out of his equation the foreign social, cultural, political, and economic considerations, which like the indescribable beauty of the twin hills of Las Tetas de Mar?a Guevara and the breathtaking expanse of the Macanao peninsula of Margarita Island, are necessary descriptive and determinative elements to assure the success of his neo-colonialist project...

-

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Yes but

rellosk said:
Not quite, but I get your point.

We all know how much those in the middle want California and NewYork controling them. God what a revolting thought the only hope would be Texas, Ohio. forget about Michigan.

Red=good, Blue=screwed up:bunny:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
rellosk said:
Not quite, but I get your point.

"California, Ohio, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Michigan can boast a combined population of 137 million. That's slightly more than half our 272 million national population. It's therefore conceivable that just nine states could determine the presidency in a popular vote."-----Walter Williams, Professor of Economic at George Mason University

This is from an article he wrote in Nov. 2000 (obviously some populations have changed). It is archived on his site and here http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/williams112200.asp

The electoral college protects small population states from the big ones.

I was incorrect when I said 5 states. I should have said 9. I'm glad you understood my point anyway.

Scandall

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Mirador said:
When George W, in a desperate bid to prop up his failing favorable numbers (currently standing around 30% of U.S. registered voters), decides to skirt international law and strike at Iran, and provoke a violent disruption in the flow of oil from the Middle East, he will attempt to secure a continuous supply of oil to the U.S. by taking military control of Venezuelan oil production. Unfortunately, Mr. George W. will have left out of his equation the foreign social, cultural, political, and economic considerations, which like the indescribable beauty of the twin hills of Las Tetas de Mar?a Guevara and the breathtaking expanse of the Macanao peninsula of Margarita Island, are necessary descriptive and determinative elements to assure the success of his neo-colonialist project...

-

You need a hobby.

Scandall

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Who woulda thunk it...

It seems as we have some proponents of PNAC here at DR1 - a crying shame.

Greg Palast will be in H-town June 19th; he knows la revoluci?n bonita
from first-person experience. If I get a chance, I'll ask him some questions and post his answers here.

-The Kid

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
something_of_the_night said:

from first-person experience. If I get a chance, I'll ask him some questions and post his answers here.

-The Kid

You seem to just believe what you want to believe. Here's what I KNOW:

I am not a fan of PNAC or Kristol.

Greg Palast is not exactly reliable media? No bias there...<cough>

Not sure exactly what you mean by H-Town.

Scandall

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Now let's get back on topic...

Mr. KFC, where are you? My Haitian sources (cali?) told me this morning that a truck full of US troops crashed against a truck full of Haitian illegal migrants on the road to Cabral, with the unfortunate result of several US military personnel dead or injured. Can you confirm?...

-

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com

-The Kid

Hey Kid;

When Palast speaks in H-town (Houston, Texas) on June 19 (Juneteenth in local Texas parlance), he'd better wear his armored jock-strap. Otherwise he may find himself a "soprano" without wanting to be. What sort of an "aria" will he then be "singing"??? Especially if he comes to grips with my old gang "The Heights Rats". They don't suffer fools lightly.
In addition, FYI, i don't embrace ALL of GW's pronouncements, either. But right now, he's the only President we have. Probably (more than probably) he'll be replaced with some liberal, wishy-washy, Democrat in 2008. That may be a good deal. Much like FDR's "New Deal" of the 30's (most of which was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court (before he replaced the judges of that August body with hisown people).
But that is all history, isn't it? Well, we didn't learn much from that era (WWII got in the way), and not much recently, either. maybe at some point in the future we will abandon the policy of interferring with other nations that are not as well off as we are, but i doubt it since the people of the USA have this thing of rooting for the "underdog' most of the time and really want to "show them the way to improve themselves".Now isn't that an arrogant goal? Some say it is "Manifest Destiny" (to use an historical verbal example), but my personal take on such is this: leave all ofthem alond and see if they can pull themselves up by their bootstraps without outside interferences. To H#** with whatever form of economics and/or government they might embrace, leave them to destinies of their own making.
My basic opposition to you and Mirador lie in the regime of economic theory and forms of government attendent to those theories. It is only within these areas that I am interested in continuing. All other innuendos are moot. Name calling and such inferences against individual integrity only raise my ire and have no place on these pages.
So, cease and desist with such if you are the man you pretend to be. let's keep it on a gentlemanly scale, shall we?
It's up to you both.
As to being a proponent of the PNAC (Project for the New American Project), I will vigorously deny association with such and condemn it's goals. Such movements are intrinsincltly associated with organizations such as the Neo-Nazis and the Klu Klux Klan and I have no love for such as those. They would deny individual freedom and expression. So, don't make accusations such as that against me. GOT THAT?

Texas Bill

Edited to add the "PNAC" comment.

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Texas Bill said:
... My basic opposition to you and Mirador lie in the regime of economic theory and forms of government attendent to those theories. It is only within these areas that I am interested in continuing. Texas Bill

...somehow I don't remember espousing on economic theory or comparing forms of government (political systems), not even on globalization, except maybe that I have frowned upon unfavorably on those who insist on taking exclusivily the 'globalizer' perspective vis-a-vis the 'globalized' (ie. sodomized) position reserved for the DR and other developing country....

-

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
T-Bill...

The Kid has never resorted to name-calling when addressing you. In fact, in the past, we (the liberal-pinko-commies) have been called several names, including "morons" and the Rush-inspired, git-er-dumb version, "morans," wishy-washy, warped-minded, fags, baby-killers, and a host of not-so-smart sounding, but Michael Wiener-approved names. It's all good.

For some of you, if Greg Palast is not reporting for FAUX News, or the Moonies' Washington Times, or that tabloid in NYC, the Post, then he must not be credible. Well, thanks to the folks in the UK, Mr. Palast's voice is heard loud and clear, but not in a Hank Hill-esque fashion, much to your chagrin.

I doubt I'll get a chance to ask him more than one question, but I'll try. Any ideas on what to ask?

ON EDIT: On my drive home, I figured out what to ask him. So, never mind.

-The Kid

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Mirador said:
...somehow I don't remember espousing on economic theory or comparing forms of government (political systems), not even on globalization, except maybe that I have frowned upon unfavorably on those who insist on taking exclusivily the 'globalizer' perspective vis-a-vis the 'globalized' (ie. sodomized) position reserved for the DR and other developing country....

-

Your denial notwithstanding, your commentaries in numerous previous posts have the underlying intent of fostering discontent through innuendo with the existing form and in supporting that which is in opposition.
That's the way I read you. If I have misinterpreted, which I don't think I have, then I will apologize for that misinterpretation and the comments so associated.
Let's get one thing straight. I don't agree with ALL the things the US government has done and never will. As to GW, well his days as President have 2 more years to go, if he isn't impeached first. he has made numerous mistakes and will not have time to correct those mistakes during the remainder of his tenure.
I'm sure that some wishy-washy, Liberal Democrat will replace him come 2008 and I have no faith in those people either to solve the delimma in which the US has placed itself. The US seems to be speaking from a position of stupidity reference it's policies of "democratizing" the World. That, in and of itself is an insuportable endeavor. Each country practicing such has a different slant on what Democracy really is. Even the US constituency is confused on the term. It(the US) is becoming more like the DR each and every day, with corruption running rampant. All ofwhich has caused the exodusof jobs and capital flight to other countries. This I place at Labor's fet because of their ever increasing demands for higher wages, paid healthcare, paid retirement, etc., etc. Their demands have far outstripped the patience of Capital and Management.The greed of their leaders and themselves have made the bed they sleep in today and the politicians have aided and abetted the transformation of a strong and robust nation into one where the "whining of the masses" overshadows individual ambition and achievement.
These are the same element of society that I served alongside of and devoted half of my life to protecting. i have seen this transition taking place anad have spoken out against it to no avail, but it is a loosing battle. The whiners will win in the long run because the people really don't know what they want other than "three squares a day, a rag on their backs, anda place to flop". That's exactly what they'll end up with and wonder all the while just what happened.
In the meantime, I'll just keep on opposing such a transition of society until my end comes.

Texas Bill

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Mirador said:

-

Did Jesse Jackson write that for you?

Scandall

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
The Kid has never resorted to name-calling when addressing you. In fact, in the past, we (the liberal-pinko-commies) have been called several names, including "morons" and the Rush-inspired, git-er-dumb version, "morans," wishy-washy, warped-minded, fags, baby-killers, and a host of not-so-smart sounding, but Michael Wiener-approved names. It's all good.

For some of you, if Greg Palast is not reporting for FAUX News, or the Moonies' Washington Times, or that tabloid in NYC, the Post, then he must not be credible. Well, thanks to the folks in the UK, Mr. Palast's voice is heard loud and clear, but not in a Hank Hill-esque fashion, much to your chagrin.

I doubt I'll get a chance to ask him more than one question, but I'll try. Any ideas on what to ask?

ON EDIT: On my drive home, I figured out what to ask him. So, never mind.

-The Kid

It's interesting...I have said nothing about where I get my news but you couldn't be further from the mark with implying that it is entirely from "Faux News" etc.

Either ask so you actually know...or stop implying things that only exist in your twisted little leftist mind. ;)

Scandall

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Scandall said:
....stop implying things that only exist in your twisted little leftist mind.

"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up" (Jesse Jackson)

-

Docopac

Feb 23, 2006
Mirador said:
Docopac, have you visited the Macanao peninsula? Then you'll understand why anyone would go there, maybe even including Usama bin Laden... However, the place is visited mostly by German tourists... It is the most uninhabited part of Margarita Island, a beautiful desert expanse, surrounded by breathtaking white sand treeless beaches... It reminds me, somehow, of my native DR Southwest. The best way to approach Macanao is by hitching a ride on an outboard and meander a slow lazy pace through the La Restinga lagoon, an intricate labyrinth of mangrove canals, where you can easily lose your way. Many times I would ride with a cooler full of cold beer and two bucketfuls of oysters, from the mangroves, to eat on the way. From the lagoon, you will see on your left side an outstanding geological feature, twin hills, perfectly shaped, that are named 'Las Tetas de Mar?a Guevara'. It so happens that in its bootlegging heydays, Margarita Island had a queen of the bootleggers, a woman by the name of Mar?a Guevara, who happened to be ineradicably flat chested, like a plank of wood. So the natives, in her honor, christened the twin hills in her name.

-

Mirador:

Why have you not answered my questions?

In answer to your question "Yes I have been to Margarita Island and to the Macano peninsula as well as La Restigna. Yes they are beautifull.

Now back to the question at hand, What about Chavezs' ties to Castro, Morales, and Al Queda?

Sincerely,
Docopac

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Docopac said:
Mirador:

Why have you not answered my questions?

In answer to your question "Yes I have been to Margarita Island and to the Macano peninsula as well as La Restigna. Yes they are beautifull.

Now back to the question at hand, What about Chavezs' ties to Castro, Morales, and Al Queda?

Sincerely,
Docopac

Docopac, I've never heard of Hugo Chavez ties with Al Queda. However, I did a quick search in google and found 239 hits on "Bush and Bin Laden family" ties, with titles including the following:

Osama bin Laden's Bush Family Business Connections

The confluence of Bush and bin Laden family interests

Why was Bush Sr. meeting bin Laden?s brother at the Ritz on 9/11?

Bush and Bin Laden Family (members of highly secretive and powerful international Carlyle Group and investment in Bush Jr.'s first oil venture).

There are 15 families which own 95% of the worlds money and the Bush and Bin Laden Family belong to them

The infamous Carlyle Group, linked to Bush and Bin Laden family investments

Status
Not open for further replies.