Some children are still being "Bottle Fed" as adults,
......... but now they call it: "Un Frio Presidente, por favor!"

D in Santiago

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
A kid in nappies at the age of four?
That is plain wrong.

And compromising the health and future welfare of your kid to ease your marriage? Either the marriage has big problems or the kid has big problems on the horizon.
Either way the whole thing needs to be sorted out for the sake of all involved.

Under normal circumstances I feel it is wrong to comment on how other people bring up their kids unless the parents put their situation on a public forum, inviting other people to comment.

Sad case this.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Pedro" is 100% right!
Just like in a court-of-law,at least in the USA, if someone chooses NOT to testify on thier own behalf,they don't have to.They sit there with their "Mouth Shut".They have given up,by their choice,their chance to say anything.
However,should they,"take the stand" and say their piece,THEN,they open themselves up to "Cross Examination"!
THAT's just like DR1!
If someone chooses to post about their personal life,and the choices they make in their life,(I Do)then they are open to comments by others about their personal choices.
You can't "Have Your Cake,and Eat It Too"!
So,"Shut Up", or "Put Up"!
But stop Whineing about it!
"If you can't stand a little "HEAT",then don't post about your personal life in DR1's "kitchen"!
Too many "Gordon Ramsey's" here to hold your feet to the FIRE!
CC

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip I have been married to a " Dominican " probably longer than you knew what the DR was, 20 yrs my friend. Tack another 4 yrs for courtship and well you have 24 yrs that I have lived here. We do not all publicize it but yet yes there are some here. So guess what, been there done that..I however will never ever disregard someones opinion because at one time years ago I learned alot from " someone's " opinion. This forum helped me learn alot, especially those things that were " in-law related " and I am thankful. Do I agree with everything, NO but do I disrespect, NO, it is not my thing. Although I do not relate to some of your believes, I do not disrespect them because they are your believes. You should do the same for others. This is not a challenge of who knows what because some of us have you beat...

So what was offensive in my last post, good grief!!!!!!!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
First we were all narrow-minded, then you say you do this to save your marriage.

How can doing the right thing for your kids, destroy your marriage? I know you love your daughters dearly, and I assume your wife does as well. So, an argument about diapers and bottles is not going to destroy your marriage, especially as the doctor and the dentist are backing you up.

Ask yourself what will be next. Your kids telling your wife they do not feel like going to school that week? Your kids not doing their homework? Wanting to go out at the age of 12? Getting pregnant by 13? All because your wife agrees, and you do not want an argument?

Show me one set of parents who never had an argument over their children. You will not find one.

Bringing up a child properly is hard, and expensive work, and as the parent it is your responsability to make the effort.

Take my advice. Put in the effort now, the kids and the wife will protest now, but will be gratefull later in life, and you will be able to be proud of them.

niknak

Dec 12, 2008

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
First we were all narrow-minded, then you say you do this to save your marriage.

How can doing the right thing for your kids, destroy your marriage? I know you love your daughters dearly, and I assume your wife does as well. So, an argument about diapers and bottles is not going to destroy your marriage, especially as the doctor and the dentist are backing you up.

Ask yourself what will be next. Your kids telling your wife they do not feel like going to school that week? Your kids not doing their homework? Wanting to go out at the age of 12? Getting pregnant by 13? All because your wife agrees, and you do not want an argument?

Show me one set of parents who never had an argument over their children. You will not find one.

Bringing up a child properly is hard, and expensive work, and as the parent it is your responsability to make the effort.

Take my advice. Put in the effort now, the kids and the wife will protest now, but will be gratefull later in life, and you will be able to be proud of them.

I think I'd rather pay for my daughter's to have filling's when and if they need them rather than raising them as an atheist who hates God and Christians on principle - thanks but no thanks.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I think I'd rather pay for my daughter's to have filling's when and if they need them rather than raising them as an atheist who hates God and Christians on principle - thanks but no thanks.

What does Belgiank's post have to do with Christianty or lack of religious values Padre?
Please enlighten me, I read through the thread.

Tambo' The Monk

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
He means you can't be a good Christian and a responsible parent at the same time, or summat like that.:confused:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011

WHAT??? you are really hitting the sacred juice big time. No one hates Christians that I can see on this board, people are just not as easily fed tripe as you, and some (myself included) feel force feeding this religious tripe down to your kids is not productive in terms of education. No one hates anyone, those are strong words from a Christian like yourself, I seriously hope no one gave an impression of hatred, sympathy yes!

It is with no doubt that you love your kids dearly Chip, I am only curious to what kind of a monster you could raise with such strong beliefs on proven fiction. Kids aren't as easily fed tripe these days, there is to much information easily available to make short work of putting the bible, what it stands for and those that control it's followers to shame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA50dwXKJcc&feature=player_embedded
[video=youtube;vA50dwXKJcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA50dwXKJcc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!

This one is a keeper too !!

Chip famous quote, looooooove this one :p

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's called,"Rationalizing Unrational behavior!
How dumb can you get?
Teaching your children proper dental hygiene will make them unhappy later in life?
"That's","How dumb you can get"!!!!!
CCCCCC

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
What does Belgiank's post have to do with Christianty or lack of religious values Padre?
Please enlighten me, I read through the thread.

Tambo' The Monk

You mean I'm the only one that responds to other's post based on their previous ones????

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You mean I'm the only one that responds to other's post based on their previous ones????

No Padre, you are the only one that has to insert religious overtones any opportunity you get on here.
I am going to drink beer now brewed by Monks, and then eat a Kosher Corned Beef Sandwich for dinner on rye.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It's called,"Rationalizing Unrational behavior!
How dumb can you get?
Teaching your children proper dental hygiene will make them unhappy later in life?
"That's","How dumb you can get"!!!!!
CCCCCC

Where's keepcoming to keep everyone from calling other people name's - oh wait that's only for those that agree with him/her. :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
No Padre, you are the only one that has to insert religious overtones any opportunity you get on here.
I am going to drink beer now brewed by Monks, and then eat a Kosher Corned Beef Sandwich for dinner on rye.

Wrong tambo, you just can't see the forest for the trees.

Still, buen provecho!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
$64 Question:

How can an Atheist hate someone that they believe does not exist?

Next thing you know, someone will say they "Hate the Tooth Fairy".

Status
Not open for further replies.