Online entry and departure forms for DR travel

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If a printed copy of the e-ticket is allowed, I can always go to a copy store and pay to print it out. Otherwise, I too would be unable to comply without some help configuring my phone to display the document. They need an dedicated cell phone app not a website that produces a file that then needs wifi, and a portable browser to be saved/downloaded and displayed. Entering the requested info on a small cell is very difficult and time consuming with big fingers. This plan like so many others is not well thought out.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Maybe separate lines? Fast moving if you can show your code on phone. Long wait in another line if you can’t????
Then what do they do? Hold up all the planes until this is sorted out? Or fly minus 25% or more of paying customers..................................

Dominicans are not much for showing up early for anything..................

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm Fcuked !
Laptop, no printer , cell phone for answering and making calls.... Old Dog , no new tricks please.
Have to hire a 12 year old to do it for me I guess.
I like the Canadian/American system show passport, spend 6-7 months in sunny florida , come home.
Uruguay has a great system as well , Three months on ticket, can apply for residency without returning to Home Country just make sure you have all the docs listed.
Why complicate things to the point that it frustrates visitors.
Simple answer is: this is not your country. You don't have a say in the matter. It's accept or not accept. Beautiul system of democracy.

Reactions: Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Simple answer is: this is not your country. You don't have a say in the matter. It's accept or not accept. Beautiul system of democracy.
I agree completely with you, no argument here.... Old dogs need new tricks regardless of preferences.

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
just a thought, but has anyone shared this with the new lady at the POP airport. saw a post a while back where there was the new position at POP to improve the experience?? wouldn't be bad to voice the concerns with her?

Reactions: drstock

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
A friend of mine did a trial run and this is the result:

1606245194354.png

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
I tried to load that new entry/exit page and it was down for maintenance. What happens if you don't have a phone. I mean it can't be a prereq for anyone coming on vacation to own a smartphone right? Or a home printer?

I can see the two lines as a viable option, one for e-forms.. and one for standard paper forms

Reactions: drstock