Online Website to extend your stay legally 120 days total before your 30 day tourist card expires

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If you're here illegally and hanging out in an area with a lot of Haitians and there's an immigration sweep, expect to be arrested along with all the Haitians. This might be one of those times you wished you had extended your stay online.

Reactions: Andre14615

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
here they can fill several truck loads with european or northamerican illegals,
plus several thousands of haitians,of course.
they better bring big busses to cope with the numbers, lol.

They are fully aware of the situation in Punta Cana Mike, this statement from the immigartion director, from todays news

We will be in Verón, Punta Cana and this eastern area, where we have had reports that there is a large number of illegals, foreigners who have illegal immigration status, which is why we will act ”, he explained.

The General Directorate of Migration will intensify repatriation operations and actions against illegal aliens residing in the country.

Enrique Garcia explained that the ´Baya Onda´ repatriation operations, implemented a couple of weeks ago, in Dajabón and that covered 12 border provinces will continue and will be extended to the National District, the Bavaro area and other towns in the East.

The Director General of Migration stated that inspectors and officers of that entity accompanied by members of the Dominican Army, with personnel from the 3rd, 4th and 5th Army Brigades, “locate foreigners who enter the country, who otherwise do not have residence legal, work visa and documentation up to date, they are repatriated to their countries of origin ”.

He announced that these actions will continue in the National District, the Bavaro-Punta Cana area in the East region and in the places where they have been carried out.

"We have barely two months in the position, there is the problem of the pandemic and despite the fact that for six months, the interventions were not carried out, we have restarted them. We will be in Verón, Punta Cana and this eastern area, where we have had reports that there is a large number of illegals, foreigners who have illegal immigration status, which is why we will act ”, he explained.

Source https://www.elviajero.com.do/migrac...patracion-de-extranjeros-ilegales-en-el-pais/

PS: Sorry to conclude that every thread on this great new service ends discussing Windy's favorite topic😷

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Sorry about the (duplicate) post above. Can’t delete it. Mike already posted that news article in post #17.
Silly me, now going to fetch some morning coffee while slamming my forehead.😖

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The last time they harrassed tourist who were on overstay
on a large scale, the head of the tourism department issued
a written apology. Was all over the national press.

That was the previous regime...
These people ma[y see things differently

There were errors made on the raid you speak of.... by a gov't whose 'heart' wasn't really in it
Again, might be different now

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
PS: Sorry to conclude that every thread on this great new service ends discussing Windy's favorite topic

Now Windy doesn't appear to be so alone....

Migracion has crossed over to his team - head man himself announcing
I don't recall such an announcement before the last botch up

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete

They may have learned to weight their words carefully after the international response to the deportations of Haitians in 2016.

This is what is happening now, until overstayers are targeted I see nothing new happening. Do you?

The Director General of Migration, Enrique García, denounced that the Dominican consuls in Haiti "have as a business" the issuance of visas, and assured that 90 percent of the visas that are granted to enter the Dominican Republic "are issued in favor of of Haitian nationals ”.

"Of every one hundred visas that are issued to enter the Dominican Republic, 90 are to Haitian nationals, because the Dominican consuls in the neighboring country have it as a business and that must be controlled," Garcia said.
Enrique García called on the international community to find a solution to the Haitian problem, because the Dominican Republic, he said, suffers from that reality and cannot bear the problems of Haiti alone.

However, García maintained that, since his appointment in the General Directorate of Migration (DGM), President Luis Abinader has given him all the support to “comply with the immigration law and repatriate all illegal and undocumented foreign citizens in the Dominican Republic, regardless of the country of origin ”.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
However, García maintained that, since his appointment in the General Directorate of Migration (DGM), President Luis Abinader has given him all the support to “comply with the immigration law and repatriate all illegal and undocumented foreign citizens in the Dominican Republic, regardless of the country of origin ”.

I see this as an important statement

• Haha
Reactions: Mariahboater

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Now change the illegal dr-cafta taxes on cars.
I actually called the DR-CAFTA office about that issue. Nothing was ever done. Apparently increasing the fist license taxes dramatically is not a problem with the treaty.

Now back to the buses and other migracion issues.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you're here illegally and hanging out in an area with a lot of Haitians and there's an immigration sweep, expect to be arrested along with all the Haitians. This might be one of those times you wished you had extended your stay online.
What if you were here for more than 120 days?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They may have learned to weight their words carefully after the international response to the deportations of Haitians in 2016.

This is what is happening now, until overstayers are targeted I see nothing new happening. Do you?

The Director General of Migration, Enrique García, denounced that the Dominican consuls in Haiti "have as a business" the issuance of visas, and assured that 90 percent of the visas that are granted to enter the Dominican Republic "are issued in favor of of Haitian nationals ”.

"Of every one hundred visas that are issued to enter the Dominican Republic, 90 are to Haitian nationals, because the Dominican consuls in the neighboring country have it as a business and that must be controlled," Garcia said.
Enrique García called on the international community to find a solution to the Haitian problem, because the Dominican Republic, he said, suffers from that reality and cannot bear the problems of Haiti alone.

The collective "nobody" is never ever going to believe from now until the end of time that all illegal and undocumented people includes those from the EU or North America that stay longer than 120 days. Those people are immune from deportation no matter what the government says.

Aren't they?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
But people from the EU and North America can stay as long as they want with no ramifications except for paying a fee. They can never be here illegally. They just pay when they leave. They will never be put on these buses. etc, etc, etc...This applies only to Haitians (and Venezuelans).

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
The collective "nobody" is never ever going to believe from now until the end of time that all illegal and undocumented people includes those from the EU or North America that stay longer than 120 days. Those people are immune from deportation no matter what the government says.

Aren't they?
maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CDNBear

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They are fully aware of the situation in Punta Cana Mike, this statement from the immigartion director, from todays news

We will be in Verón, Punta Cana and this eastern area, where we have had reports that there is a large number of illegals, foreigners who have illegal immigration status, which is why we will act ”, he explained.

The General Directorate of Migration will intensify repatriation operations and actions against illegal aliens residing in the country.

Enrique Garcia explained that the ´Baya Onda´ repatriation operations, implemented a couple of weeks ago, in Dajabón and that covered 12 border provinces will continue and will be extended to the National District, the Bavaro area and other towns in the East.

The Director General of Migration stated that inspectors and officers of that entity accompanied by members of the Dominican Army, with personnel from the 3rd, 4th and 5th Army Brigades, “locate foreigners who enter the country, who otherwise do not have residence legal, work visa and documentation up to date, they are repatriated to their countries of origin ”.

He announced that these actions will continue in the National District, the Bavaro-Punta Cana area in the East region and in the places where they have been carried out.

"We have barely two months in the position, there is the problem of the pandemic and despite the fact that for six months, the interventions were not carried out, we have restarted them. We will be in Verón, Punta Cana and this eastern area, where we have had reports that there is a large number of illegals, foreigners who have illegal immigration status, which is why we will act ”, he explained.

Source https://www.elviajero.com.do/migrac...patracion-de-extranjeros-ilegales-en-el-pais/

PS: Sorry to conclude that every thread on this great new service ends discussing Windy's favorite topic😷
As I suspected, it was just taking a while to start back up and CV19 was a priority. Why be sorry?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I assure you I am alone in this. The collective "nobody" will never believe action will be taken against anyone from the EU or North America for simply staying as long as they want to stay.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

why to repeat my full post?
this is exactly the news i linked to in my post, lol.
and as far as Windy goes, I am pretty sure that he simply will be prooven correct t the end.
I am with M2 (DR Naval Intelligence) and quarters are prepared to host a good number of Armed Forces Members assigned to Immigrations Operations.
that always mens that operations are done for a period of time, not just a one day thingy to show off something for the press/public.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
But people from the EU and North America can stay as long as they want with no ramifications except for paying a fee. They can never be here illegally. They just pay when they leave. They will never be put on these buses. etc, etc, etc...This applies only to Haitians (and Venezuelans).
Venezuelans will get a special "status", due the political situation in their home country, as the DR has very special ties historically with Venezuela's People.
such should of course not be the case for any other nationality.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Maybe a good idea to open a separate thread regarding staying longer than the legal 120 days, perhaps in Legal.
Oh, wait there is several already.
With the same repeating speculations.

This new service making extended stays legal is great news. Let us see if the new government chose the carrot or stick regarding longer stays. A smooth residency process (like the 120 days application) to attract more people to apply would be welcome by many and solve most of this problem without losing foreign hard currency.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
why to repeat my full post?
this is exactly the news i linked to in my post, lol.
and as far as Windy goes, I am pretty sure that he simply will be prooven correct t the end.
I am with M2 (DR Naval Intelligence) and quarters are prepared to host a good number of Armed Forces Members assigned to Immigrations Operations.
that always mens that operations are done for a period of time, not just a one day thingy to show off something for the press/public.
Maybe a good idea to open a separate thread regarding staying longer than the legal 120 days, perhaps in Legal.
Oh, wait there is several already.
With the same repeating speculations.

This new service making extended stays legal is great news. Let us see if the new government chose the carrot or stick regarding longer stays. A smooth residency process (like the 120 days application) to attract more people to apply would be welcome by many and solve most of this problem without losing foreign hard currency.
I can assure you all I will never be proven correct. That simply cannot happen. The DR government will not enforce immigration laws as written. That would be impossible here, wouldn't it? Rounding up a German? That must have been because of Interpol, eh? No way it was for being here illegally.

SImplifying residency might increase the expat population a bit. I very much doubt that will happen.

The DR1 legal teams does not care to interject. So be it.

A simple "Snowbird visa" that lasts up to 6 months would be nice. One that actually has the law behind it so it does not look like preferential treatment.

All we can do is see what happens now the buses are rolling again while the world is watching.