Open your eyes expat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I must be dreaming

So stating one is the target of "reverse racism" actually means one is a racist???

Again here is a definition of racism:
  • the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
  • discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

Nowhere in this definition does it mention a specific race.

Hence, the use of word Reverse does not make any sense and it is used by racists to justify their own.

I don t even understand where does your so called " reverse racism" comes into play in this thread where someone is complaining that black ganstas are invading and ruining Sosua (out of all place Sosua! this is funny). As a proof, someone else adds a testimony from a female bartender in Sosua (this has to be joke!).

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Daily Killings

Furthermore, in the campo where my wife is from there are enimigos that have been offending eachother off and on for the last 15 years and as of yet no one has killed eachother yet.
Rare.
There are so many newspaper reports about "incidents" in towns where people are killed in 'ri?as' when old grudges are brought back ('viejas rencillas).
Of course, when such killings take place in the 'campo' you don't read about them...

Decenas de personas vieron c?mo asesinaron joven en El Conde Peatonal

donP

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Just a couple of points, RacerX, LindseyKaufman is a woman, as her name implies, not a 'man'. Yes I know, but given the topics discussed here, we don't need sexism to intrude as well........;)

Matilda is absolutely right about the concept of vengeance and the fact that it can run in families for generations. For those who have read Shakespeare, think Montacutes and Capulets.

Frito Bandito, if you take Africaida's definition (the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races) you will see that without the power to define another group's reality, there might be bigotry but not actually racism. Those of us who are white have historically had that power.

And to the Afro-American posters, neither you nor I (as a white person) have the power to define the reality of the other group known as Dominicans. Only they can do this. If they don't use skin colour as the defining notion of their struggle, that is their right and their choice.

This isn't the best article around which takes A Look at the Myth of Reverse Racism but it's a start.

I think we're very close to getting nearer to consensus, folks, so let's keep helping each other to get there.

And on north coast crime, the second man arrested for Omar's murder has admitted it:
Policias de Sos?a apresan en Higuey asesino del casa cambista Omar Rodr?guez

Omar's family is asking witnesses to come forward:
La familia Rodr?guez De La Cruz solicita su ayuda!

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I dont need to lecture you...... tell me what I know...

RacerX

I?d first like to say that most Americans have never attended Jesse Jackson?s seminars on racial sensitivity, and do not know that they are being offensive. They speak their mind.

Although I usually find your posts amusing, I find it incredible how you can lecture ANYBODY racism.

Your posts have exhibited some the worst tones of SEXISM that I have ever read on this board; and you are not alone. I have noticed plenty of others accusing people of racism, when in fact these accusers have no problem lumping a Dominican Women into the same category and making downright offensive SEXIST remarks. :ermm:

So tell me why you are so hostile to posters you perceive as racist while you have been given a free pass over YOUR sexist comments? Or are you alright with being consistently inconsistent?

Actually, there is no need to respond as I will no longer be following this thread. It is making me dizzy.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Thank You Extreme

To be a bit fair, I believe Rumble did not choose the best wording for his rant, so let's be a bit less rough on him. Maybe is the way people are raised and that's how they talk but not how they feel, I don't know...

I said previously it would be my last post.
This will be my last post.

I chose my words carelesssly. I apololgize in all sincerity for my choice of words.
What I noticed around town was a group of young men treating the town and it's surroundings without respect. It was wrong of me to lump them all into one sterotype. I sincerely apologize.

Every time my wife and I are here we put 6 children in school for a year.
I sincerely hope that every person labeling me a racist attempts a similiar act given their econonomic circumstance.

Peace

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
WOW ! Very nice post Rumble2005. It is not always easy to see one's fault and I am happy that you came to understand the reasons why you offended some of us. It gives me hope (I am a natural optimistic :) )

I applaud the fact that you are helping quite a few schoolchildren in the DR.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Of course, when such killings take place in the 'campo' you don't read about them...

donP

Where did I ever say I read about anything? I'm just talking about what I know and hear from others in the family. BTW, what do you think Dominicans do on the weekends? Watch tv? No they sit around and talk about their neighbor's business.

Remember, the rest of the country isn't like the tourist areas, plain and simple. Anybody who has seen both areas won't argue with that. There are certainly some bad areas in Santiago but imagine how the bad areas in Chicago or NY would be without a very prominent police presence - a blood bath that's for sure.

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

donP

Dec 14, 2008
More Chisme Than Reading

Where did I ever say I read about anything?
:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

BTW, what do you think Dominicans do on the weekends? Watch tv? No they sit around and talk about their neighbor's business.
I don't need to imagine what Dominicans do in their leisure time. I know. ;)
BTW, those chisme sessions often take place with the TV blaring in the background with nobody watching... :bunny:

donP

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
If I may...

Every time my wife and I are here we put 6 children in school for a year.
I sincerely hope that every person labeling me a racist attempts a similiar act given their econonomic circumstance.

I am bit puzzled. What happen to the children after the year is up ??

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
RacerX

Your posts have exhibited some the worst tones of SEXISM that I have ever read on this board; and you are not alone. I have noticed plenty of others accusing people of racism, when in fact these accusers have no problem lumping a Dominican Women into the same category and making downright offensive SEXIST remarks. :ermm:

If so, it would be more constructive to point that out in the specific posts, not in another thread.
And, you are right Racism is a backward as Sexism.:bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.