Pakistani Food in Santo Domingo

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi All

First, I wanted to let everyone know that Pakistani night is still on - we are due to have a great time with some new menu items. Also, I wanted to apologize to everyone for not being in contact as unfortunately someone broke in to my car and stole my computer - passport - etc, so its been a real pain in the axx to get everything back in place - have to really thank the guys at the US Embassy for being so caring and assisting in such a quick and efficient manner - Due to all these things, I have really not been able to promote Pakistani night this week as I always due and could really use everyones assistance in getting the word out - thanks to all

Regards

Oscar

PS: Before anyone says anything - I parked the car in front of MiTaverna at 6 to run inside and pick up some items - came back out in 5 minutes and my computer was gone - honestly my mistake - should have known better - but all in life is a lesson -

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
man, this sucks as you need your passport to work in your charter business. I hope you have all this straightened out to your satisfaction.
AZB

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi - Here is my description - Pilot by trade - born in London(many many years ago), Pakistani parents -grew up in the States (Atlanta) - so what does that equal - yes - CONFUSED !!!!!!!!!!! and to top it all off - living in the Great Republica Dominicana! - Gotta love diversity!!!!!!!!!!

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Ladybird

Give me a location to promote it and we can work something out on a monthly basis to have original Pakistani food on the north coast - PM me with your ideas and lets discuss - nothing is impossible....... Gracias

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Sure
There are 2 venues, one in Sosua and one in Cabarete, I'll PM you as soon as Ive talked to them again in a day or two. We are a bit full of repairs at present after the storm,
yippeeeeeeeeeee papadoms, Korma. Bombay potatoes, pilau, etc, I suppose Bombay duck is still a no go is it?

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
I have been to Pakistan two times. I love the people, the culture, and of course the food. :)

I want to visit that restaurant in January, but i will not be there on a Thursday night.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi All

Just a quick reminder that Pakistani night is on tonight - starting at 7 pm - hope to see some of you there - thanks

Oscar

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to let you know that Noche Pakistani will not be held for the next two week due to the Christmas and New Years holidays. We will have the next evening on Jan 3rd (Thursday). Sorry for not having it earlier but so many of our regular customers are away for the holidays that it would be difficult to justify..... Anyways, have a great & safe holidays and see you on the 3rd.....

yori85

Aug 2, 2007
Anyone know if this is the same family that does special orders? I read about it briefly on another, now closed, thread. I am seriously craving parathas and paneer masala!

Also, what has the music been like at these Pakistani Nights?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
No, it's not the same family. The music is all Pakistani, with videos playing etc.
Your are not going to find anything any more Pakistani in the DR than this night :)

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
Do you play current Pakistani music also, such as Atif Aslam? His 2 cd's are really great and million sellers. Or, do you only play the old songs of Pakistan? I would prefer a mix of both. Happy New Year !

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Do you play current Pakistani music also, such as Atif Aslam? His 2 cd's are really great and million sellers. Or, do you only play the old songs of Pakistan? I would prefer a mix of both. Happy New Year !

I have no idea if it's current, old or some musical genera from the middle of the Margalla Pass. It's good, people like it and enjoy it :)

They have a ton of CD's, come a long and eat one night, I'm sure they will find something you like.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi

We play current music and classic music - its a mixture. In reference to want private catering before the 3rd, drop me a PM letting me know how many people and the menu you wish and I will get back to you if its possible. Thanks - Oscar

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Noche Pakistani is confirmed for Thursday Jan 3rd with great home made Pakistani food / music & videos and Belly Dancing - looking forward to everyone joining us - starting at 7 pm until the last person is full and the food is finished..... Happy New Year and yes - may Benazir rest in peace as Pakistan has lost a not only a great person but the only person at this time that could lead it to Democracy

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi All

Just a quick reminder that Noche Pakistani is on for Thursday night Jan 3rd - reservations are going fast, so remember to drop me a PM with the amount of people and the time you wish to reserve or you can call me at 809-803-2544

See you manana

Oscar