Pedro set to be open to traffic at night!

Kantana

Mar 25, 2012
I agree with all previous posters. Pedro Clisante was actually starting to be a pleasant destination rather than the take-your-life-in-your-hands-to-eat-dinner event that it once again is. I knew that the camera guy was moaning that the street closing ruined his business, but what ruined his business was the invention of the digital camera. Every restauranteur to the man/woman that I spoke with was in favor of the street being closed. I know that the Jolly Roger, Mamajuana, Tipico, and Los Flores were the leaders of the pack. The Jolly Roger is still trying to get back on its feet after the rebuild and I think blamed the street closing for its difficulties. Interestingly enough, those are 4 places that I never have frequented, and now I will make it a point not to. I may also stop in and tell them that I strongly disagree with their position and that I will not be recommending them to guests in the hotel that I manage.

Is it worth it to contact Ilana's office? Could there be a DR-1 petition?

How does the traffic jam, 1000 motochonchos parked on the street, 20 conchos riding through crazily every minute, Dominican choppos driving through every minute with a mobile discoteque, so loud that everyone runs the risk of going deaf, tourist having to look around 360 degrees every second to ensure they are not run over by a drunk concho riding loco!! How does all this benefit anyone? How does it increase business for anyone? How does the anxiety of all these increase the traffic for these restuarants?

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
How does the traffic jam, 1000 motochonchos parked on the street, 20 conchos riding through crazily every minute, Dominican choppos driving through every minute with a mobile discoteque, so loud that everyone runs the risk of going deaf, tourist having to look around 360 degrees every second to ensure they are not run over by a drunk concho riding loco!! How does all this benefit anyone? How does it increase business for anyone? How does the anxiety of all these increase the traffic for these restuarants?

small point....motos are no longer allowed to park in the street

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
The solution is to make the street a Golf Cart Only area.

With one lane reserved for golf carts that have a rental chica already in the back seat.

No need to thank me, I'm here to help.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Good luck with the tourismo jeffe today. Maybe this stupid wrong can be made right again.

Bob k

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
In the words of Former Chicago Mayor Richard Daley: " Vote early, and vote often!"

I'm just seeing this thread now as I'm traveling in Asia, so I couldn't do the first, but I might have done the second?
Good luck with the effort.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
So any news???
How did the meeting go??
I did notice no change last night with the crazy motos and cars cruising up and down the street.

Bob K

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I am planning on being on PC tonight just to see whazzup. Hoping against hope that the street will be closed and that there will be some opportunity to speak to somebody either from Ilana's office or the office of tourism.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
update on the petition in Sosua news....
Sos?a-News

you can sign here..........

Although I've been quiet on this board about the street reopening....those that know me are aware that I am not being quiet about it in public. We have a meeting with the head of Tourism this friday...he is ****ed and wants to know why the street has been reopened. I want to present to him at least 500 signatures of those who want the street closed again. Here is the online petition. Please sign and share with as many people as possible. Thank you for your support.

Todos a favor al cierra de la calle Pedro Clisante, Sosua 1/18/2015 - Petitions24.com

am i the only gringo who actually quite likes it open to traffic? :)

it all seemed a bit undominican with the street closed....might as well have been in Paris!

No there are others that like it open to traffic as well. I think many of them are older who don't want to walk 1-2 blocks (or can't) and want to be able to park their vehicles right in front of the restaurant. Also blah blah blah no parking or it's risky to park the vehicle where you can't see it...