Perturbed Prostitute Pummels Potential Playmate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Did I mention that many in Europe commonly mistake "highest paid" for "best"? Don't feel bad, it's a common mistake. Now when I was in MoBay in July for Sumfest....that was a party and there were many, many Europeans there who agreed.

The first link was referring to quality.. the other three to show that the USA also appreciates EDM (as it does many other music styles).. the last link referred to money..

Maybe I'm not as well travelled as you are, but IME money has always had a direct link to quality when it comes to measurable professional services rendered, so the last link confirmed for me, the relation between quality and money. The best athletes are paid the best, the best lawyers are paid the best, the best are paid the best.... when I define the best; this is not only in relation to their performance, but even more in relation to their economic worth (best athletes sell most merchandise; best laywers get you the best legal results, you get the picture...)

Re what you do or do not like about parties... now we're getting into territory of taste... for which as we all know there is no accounting, no right or wrong.. Nobody would or could fault you or anybody else for having a different taste of different definition of what constitutes 'a party'

The point you made initially is that Europeans didn't know how to party... I simply disagree and provided some evidence..

Let's all get back to the scheduled programming :)

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I forgot to mention Indian people, they party like it is no tomorrow. I was very suprised how they party, just look at their weddings.

I know everybody parties but some seem" lifeless" compared to others Let me give you an example of a great party. If have the people at the party was not invited, you know you are at a PARTY!!!:cool:

I do not think its a country in Europe that partys like the Dominican Republic and Dominicans. It can be Monday night and Dominicans will party like is Saturday night. One time in the apartment I lived in a neighbor had a party for her husband on a weekday and you never would have guessed by the number of people and the music. The party did not end to midnight on a WEEKDAY!!!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
No place in the world I've ever been has partied like SoBe.. I had to leave it was so bad.. You go out at 11:30PM, get in a club at 1, leave that club at 5am (miami beach law), then you go to a place like latin quarters right off the island, that opens at 6:30am and stays open until 3-4PM..

There are also bars in south miami (BB's well known) , that stay open 24 hours, it's just ridiculous.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
One night a weekend warrior ( who arrived at the airport whacked ) stopped in at the newly opened SeaCrets and bought drinks for the chicas. About an hour later he was infront of the place having a chica arrested for stealing RD3000 from him. Later that night when he found the RD3000 in a side pocket we called Sgt. %^&#@ and it only cost RD700 to get her out. The original arresting officer wanted RD3000 ( what a surprise ).

Hope Gorgon wasn't too embarassed.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I forgot to mention Indian people, they party like it is no tomorrow. I was very suprised how they party, just look at their weddings.

I know everybody parties but some seem" lifeless" compared to others Let me give you an example of a great party. If have the people at the party was not invited, you know you are at a PARTY!!!:cool:

I do not think its a country in Europe that partys like the Dominican Republic and Dominicans. It can be Monday night and Dominicans will party like is Saturday night. One time in the apartment I lived in a neighbor had a party for her husband on a weekday and you never would have guessed by the number of people and the music. The party did not end to midnight on a WEEKDAY!!!

Please do not take this the wrong way as I can only go by what you have posted so far, but taking into account your posting history, I have no reason to believe that you are in any way qualified to make that call..

I have travelled across all continents and partied with many different nationalities; parties in New York, Cuba, Dominican Republic, all over Europe (East and West), Australia and New Zealand, Africa and Asia...

From my experience parties have gone all night on any of those continents;

1. I loved Paris, Istanbul, Barcelona, New York for its sophisticated ambiences and high-life nightclubs (I've partied with likes of Zinedine Zidane in Paris)...
2. I loved all night Latin parties in Belguim where the entire continent streams to the 'Antillian parties', where I have watched o.a. Aventura in a one of their best concerts (I've seen them many times)....
3. I loved the parties in La Habana and Santiago de Cuba (all night dancing to Los Van Van; a religious experience or block parties in Havana that lasted all day)...
4. I loved the parties in the south of France all night on the beach in Saint-Tropez with the best DJ's, or all night dance parties in Ibiza with my crew; drinking and dancing all night (Afterlife 2000)
5. I loved the parties in 'Monte Bar' in Santiago with the local batchateros
6. I loved the beach parties in Sydney during the Olympics there

All these places and many more have gone from dusk till dawn, have had intense spiritual connections in the crowds or between individuals... so as far as I'm concerned, any assesment that other nationalities (just fill in the word) can't party are totally false.. and have no basis in fact.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The first link was referring to quality.. the other three to show that the USA also appreciates EDM (as it does many other music styles).. the last link referred to money..

Maybe I'm not as well travelled as you are, but IME money has always had a direct link to quality when it comes to measurable professional services rendered, so the last link confirmed for me, the relation between quality and money. The best athletes are paid the best, the best lawyers are paid the best, the best are paid the best.... when I define the best; this is not only in relation to their performance, but even more in relation to their economic worth (best athletes sell most merchandise; best laywers get you the best legal results, you get the picture...)

So by your logic it would be relatively impossible for a ballplayer at the highest tier of the bloated MLB payscale to um let's say hit 3/35 against lefties in the playoffs right? He has made a quarter billion $$ and he can't get to 1st base? They don't even throw high and tight at him any more, just hang the ball out over the plate was watch the rich bastit almost throw his back out swiping at the ball. How about Tim Tebow? All that money and he left the almighty in Denver and can't seem to make a decision without him....

No. Highest paid/ cost does not mean best. Jimmy Hendrix and Bob Marley each generated dozens of times more revenue after they were dead than when they were alive. Michael Jackson made $170 Million last year. Is he the best? No. He's dead. More money does NOT equal more quality, it's just an indication of what the suckers are willing to shell out and like that great American, P.T. Barnum once said: "There's a sucker born every minute".

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
So by your logic it would be relatively impossible for a ballplayer at the highest tier of the bloated MLB payscale to um let's say hit 3/35 against lefties in the playoffs right? He has made a quarter billion $$ and he can't get to 1st base? They don't even throw high and tight at him any more, just hang the ball out over the plate was watch the rich bastit almost throw his back out swiping at the ball. How about Tim Tebow? All that money and he left the almighty in Denver and can't seem to make a decision without him....

No. Highest paid/ cost does not mean best. Jimmy Hendrix and Bob Marley each generated dozens of times more revenue after they were dead than when they were alive. Michael Jackson made $170 Million last year. Is he the best? No. He's dead. More money does NOT equal more quality, it's just an indication of what the suckers are willing to shell out and like that great American, P.T. Barnum once said: "There's a sucker born every minute".

Please read; I stated measurable professional services rendered... I was not referring to Rembrand, Bob Marley, Napoleon, Elvis Presley, Julius Ceasar, John Lennon, Ernesto Guevarra or Haile Selassie.

In my experience if you want the best doctor, lawyer, accountant, most economically rewarding DJ, most economically rewarding actor; most economically rewarding soccer player (artist and athletes are sales men - it's about asses in seats or it equivalent)... yes then you pay more (the most) money..

There is no linearity in this as the most (real or perceived) quality item of a certain category always fetches a large premium..

With sports and artists - there is a large variability in results thus accounting for anomalies - a top scoring soccer player who gets injured is a good example for this.

BTW the best things in life are still free...

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Please read; I stated measurable professional services rendered... I was not referring to Rembrand, Bob Marley, Napoleon, Elvis Presley, Julius Ceasar, John Lennon, Ernesto Guevarra or Haile Selassie.

In my experience if you want the best doctor, lawyer, accountant, most economically rewarding DJ, most economically rewarding actor; most economically rewarding soccer player (artist and athletes are sales men - it's about asses in seats or it equivalent)... yes then you pay more (the most) money..
There is no linearity in this as the most (real or perceived) quality item of a certain category always fetches a large premium..

With sports and artists - there is a large variability in results thus accounting for anomalies - a top scoring soccer player who gets injured is a good example for this.

BTW the best things in life are still free...

That's why there are flops at the box office, duds on the field of play, the best doctors in the World pay for malpractice insurance, the best lawyers in the World lose cases and yes....the best things in life are still free...but not for long....bought any water lately?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Please do not take this the wrong way as I can only go by what you have posted so far, but taking into account your posting history, I have no reason to believe that you are in any way qualified to make that call..

I have travelled across all continents and partied with many different nationalities; parties in New York, Cuba, Dominican Republic, all over Europe (East and West), Australia and New Zealand, Africa and Asia...

From my experience parties have gone all night on any of those continents;

1. I loved Paris, Istanbul, Barcelona, New York for its sophisticated ambiences and high-life nightclubs (I've partied with likes of Zinedine Zidane in Paris)...
2. I loved all night Latin parties in Belguim where the entire continent streams to the 'Antillian parties', where I have watched o.a. Aventura in a one of their best concerts (I've seen them many times)....
3. I loved the parties in La Habana and Santiago de Cuba (all night dancing to Los Van Van; a religious experience or block parties in Havana that lasted all day)...
4. I loved the parties in the south of France all night on the beach in Saint-Tropez with the best DJ's, or all night dance parties in Ibiza with my crew; drinking and dancing all night (Afterlife 2000)
5. I loved the parties in 'Monte Bar' in Santiago with the local batchateros
6. I loved the beach parties in Sydney during the Olympics there

All these places and many more have gone from dusk till dawn, have had intense spiritual connections in the crowds or between individuals... so as far as I'm concerned, any assesment that other nationalities (just fill in the word) can't party are totally false.. and have no basis in fact.

And yet you are on DR1 a Dominican Republic based website. This is what I do not understand if you have this kind of "resume" why in the name of DUCKS do you waste your time in DR.

BTW If you are Dominican that is not reason of enough. I am sorry but this list of cities you named Santiago DR just does not fit.

"I traveled the WHOLE world, but ended up in DR" Something is really off with this statement and I read it all the time.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
And yet you are on DR1 a Dominican Republic based website. This is what I do not understand if you have this kind of "resume" why in the name of DUCKS do you waste your time in DR.

BTW If you are Dominican that is not reason of enough. I am sorry but this list of cities you named Santiago DR just does not fit.

"I traveled the WHOLE world, but ended up in DR" Something is really off with this statement and I read it all the time.

My first day in the DR was the day before the Dominican Independence Day back before the liquor curfew and with me it's just "You never get a second chance to make a first impression". I have never been in a place where myrth and merriment was so thick you couldn't cut it with a chainsaw. There were Dominican flag kites sailing in the skies and the whole country was smiling and handing you a beer to take a sip from and music was everywhere, all night long until the Sun was high in the sky and the smells of the food cooking everywhere and the smiles on all the faces and ..well..my first taste of the D.R. I O.D.ed and was back less than two months later because I was sure I'd attended the premier of Heaven.

I'd traveled to six continents and a whole bunch of islands and I'd never seen anything like that in my life. The rest of that 1st 9 day trip I saw all night parties on the malecon, cock fights on the street below my balcony and more smiles than the agregate total of all the smiles I'd seen in my entire life. The hook was set and anyone who tries to tell me there's something better in another place that I've already been is going to have to back it up with empirical evidence. I know what I know.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

I you have to ask you'll never know...

Last time I checked; I was a grown man... as such I am not beholden to you as to how I spend my time..

My rhyme and reason for 'ending up in the DR' has been extensively documented in my post history..

If you feel that spending time in the DR equals wasting time - why don't you up sticks and leave this place

Stop confusing your opinion with the facts ; opinions are like A-holes; every one's got one.. and most ain't that interesting..

Last edited:

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

More subtle hate towards my tiny piece of heaven on earth :(

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Oh please spare the self importance of the music industry in the UK. The Beatles, Rolling Stones and a plethora of their clones reselling sped up blues and recycled Chuck Berry tunes back to America which is where they blew up. Remember Heatwave and Loose Ends? They were living from gig to gig until returning GI's brought their music home and these bands, not unlike the ones mentioned before them took off to reach undreamed of levels of success and financial reward in the USA and as we all know, when it comes to the entertainment industry, what the USA likes the entire World likes and this is why they've got Willie Nelson songs on the karaoke jukeboxes in Tokyo.

As far as the Caribbean as "party place". The bars in the D.R. prior to Summer of 2006 closed when people stopped buying drinks just like most of the rest of the Caribbean. The Domincan Republic that I experianced when I first stepped off the plane was more like one big non-stop party from Thursday - Sunday than anywhere including Las Vegas.

Whatever America likes the rest of the world will? Lol, I never had you down as a deluded chap, until now.
Yes America has its followers, like I mentioned earlier, a certain naive ignorant group do believe Americas own hype. I am not intending to put America down, but like I also mentioned earlier, America has its own idea of how to party, and for me it really isn't as cool as Americans believe, but there is nothing wrong with that, just that it gets us back to where I started and that is only America believes what comes out of America is cool, the rest of the intelligent world kind of smile and brush it off, after all Europeans aren't rude, we will hide a snigger behind a smile.
as for yesteryear? Well I will admit you had some great stuff come out of the country, by some very special artists, but you must admit, those days are well behind us and the way the industry is in the US right now, it isn't going to change any time soon.
Europeans consider good as biggest earners? Money minded? Frinkin rich coming from what most would consider the most shallow, cut throat, money driven minded nation on the planet, lol.

but it's all good.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Whatever America likes the rest of the world will? Lol, I never had you down as a deluded chap, until now.
Yes America has its followers, like I mentioned earlier, a certain naive ignorant group do believe Americas own hype. I am not intending to put America down, but like I also mentioned earlier, America has its own idea of how to party, and for me it really isn't as cool as Americans believe, but there is nothing wrong with that, just that it gets us back to where I started and that is only America believes what comes out of America is cool, the rest of the intelligent world kind of smile and brush it off, after all Europeans aren't rude, we will hide a snigger behind a smile.
as for yesteryear? Well I will admit you had some great stuff come out of the country, by some very special artists, but you must admit, those days are well behind us and the way the industry is in the US right now, it isn't going to change any time soon.
Europeans consider good as biggest earners? Money minded? Frinkin rich coming from what most would consider the most shallow, cut throat, money driven minded nation on the planet, lol.

but it's all good.

Deluded chap? I like that. I will go along with you on the most shallow, cut throat, money drivel mind whatever. It's how the West was won. Americans certainly didn't charm their was to the Pacific from the original Atlantic Coast Colonies, we stole, lied, swindled and murdered our way there. It's no secret. It's also no secret that the U.S. is the most firearm happy place outside of a war zone. Well maybe it's not outside of a war zone because far too often we turn those guns on one another.

I will have to disagree with you on the thingy about America not leading the World. Who exports more movie productions, music videos and other "entertainment" media? For decades before the auto industry bailout Ford Euope was keeping the entire company going as domestic profits...well there were no domestic profits, only losses which were swallowed up by the huge profits from the European division. The whole World is eating up McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Wendy's, and all the other nasty, nutritionless jnk we send over there and they're paying considerably more for it than we do. There's no "dollar menu" at McDonald's in Europe.

Speaking of junk, there are Countries that are so nuts about Disney theme parks that they actually had them come over there and build them so they wouldn't keep having to drag their kids across the big, green pond. Microprocessors? You buy them from the U.S. or you get garbage. You may snicker behind a smile but the American garbage production industry is laughing out loud right in your face.

For the record, it wasn't I who stated that what costs the most equals the best quality so you may just want to go back and read the trail of back and forths which preceded and followed the one which you singled out to quote, You can't memorize the book of Mark and think you know the bible.

and yes, it's all good but if I see one more rap video from a third world country where people don't eat regularly or have access to clean water and medical care I'm going to war against the music industry.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I dunno, it seems simple to me, if you pummel the market with so much crap then some will obviously get through. Now the US more than pummels the market, infact it appears it forces so much down our throats that obviously more than some gets digested. I can't agree quantity over quality makes for a decent argument on whether or not America is releasing worthy music, worthy anything infact, I think that is why much of the country is sniggered at, this mentality doesn't stop in industry, it has taken over the people who seem brainwashed, really believing their own hype. But yes we can't single out the US, it does what it does because it can, white men morphing into black men, if that is not brainwashing I dunno what is and just one example of how crazy this whole thing is. Interesting in youngsters, pathetic in adults.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I dunno, it seems simple to me, if you pummel the market with so much crap then some will obviously get through. Now the US more than pummels the market, infact it appears it forces so much down our throats that obviously more than some gets digested. I can't agree quantity over quality makes for a decent argument on whether or not America is releasing worthy music, worthy anything infact, I think that is why much of the country is sniggered at, this mentality doesn't stop in industry, it has taken over the people who seem brainwashed, really believing their own hype. But yes we can't single out the US, it does what it does because it can, white men morphing into black men, if that is not brainwashing I dunno what is and just one example of how crazy this whole thing is. Interesting in youngsters, pathetic in adults.

That is the problem. The garbage is pummeling the World markets because the World is clammoring for it. The whole "gangsta rap" thing with the bling and the booty's and the pimped out SUV's and the pistols has crossed into every culture in every country everywhere and you see young people emulating video actors who act like "gangsta's" thinking they're real. Real gangsters would put these guys out of their misery but the youth of the World see this and want to be this.

Snicker away while the youth of your homeland are being assinilated by a "culture" which emphasises and deifies the rude, the shallow and the temporary. Enertainment and drugs are becoming the only path these youth see to success and many of them will follow the code of "get rich or die trying" straight to prison or to their graves and the 1% is getting rich selling it to you. Because you asked for it.

We're not talking about the U.S. 1%. We're talking World's 1%.

Half the world's richest 1% live in the United States - Jan. 4, 2012

That is nothing to snicker at.

Anjinsen

Banned
Jul 24, 2011
Ive noticed recently that I cant understand quite a lot of the american films as they seem to talk too much for no reason .There are sometimes just too many words.

now thats going to get the dislikes lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
really, guys, arguing about where is it better to party is pointless. it is not where, it is with whom!
i had more fun as a teenager, drinking 2 dollar wine at the train station with a bunch of my friends than at any posh party in london.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
The whole World is eating up McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Wendy's, and all the other nasty, nutritionless jnk we send over there and they're paying considerably more for it than we do. There's no "dollar menu" at McDonald's in Europe.

Microprocessors? You buy them from the U.S. or you get garbage.

Not getting involved in this debate, but wanted to correct somethings.

We do not have an MC dollar menu, but we have an MC euro menu.
Burgerking is not that successful in Europe.
Wendy's went bankrupt in most European countries.
KFC is only available in 2 or 3 countries in Europe.

Could it be Europeans have better taste? Just joking, we have our own crap junk food.

99% of the "American" microprocessors are made in China, imported to the US, where they get the sticker "inspected in the US", or "installed in the US", not made. Open up your comp and check.

As far as Disneyland goes, there are plenty of other amusement parks, which are as popular in Europe. Yes, I went once to the one in Paris, and I can only say "NEVER AGAIN". What a rip-off that was.

I will now withdraw myself out of the discussion, and continue to party here. Where is my coco loco? Damn, will have to climb that tree again, and chop one off.

BelgianK

Status
Not open for further replies.