Police brutality of a tourist: Police almost killed me if I didn't have my camera

Apr 7, 2014
This is again someone who has grown up in the utopian US without an understanding of the issues that people face around the world.

The world is not a nice place, if you dont look the part of a decent person you are treated poorly.

Suing the Dominican police is one of the funniest things that I have ever heard !!

Hopefully he will learn how to project himself when he grows up

Marwa NEVER grew up in "utopian US" or even North America. He is from Kenya...so...there is that. Looking like a decent person and being a decent person...not the same coin.

The Thermoquad Cowboy

Apr 7, 2014
Bingo!

This young woman explains it very clearly, albeit she´s explaining that when she lived in the USA she could go to the bank very dressed down and get great service, yet now that she lives in Haiti she can´t leave her house dressed down because people are treated according to their appearance.

It doesn´t get any clearer than that (she starts on the subject at 1:35 until about 2:48).

[video=youtube;32WY3Ic8B5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32WY3Ic8B5Y[/video]

This also reminds me that the guy visited the DR, then went to Haiti, but once in Haiti decided to end his Haitian visit short and almost immediately went back to the DR. I´m not sure if what made him return to the DR so quickly was the conditions he found in Haiti or maybe he didn´t like that there aren´t as many lighter skin women, considering that from his videos he appears to like to sleep with women that don´t look african. Whatever it was, he hardly spent any time on that side of the island.

Anyway, people get treated however they present themselves. Look like a bum, you get the bum treatment. Look respectable, you get better treatment. If you are videotaping everyday women walking down the street and someone notices this, guess what type of treatment you will get in this day and age of creepy people with cameras putting all sorts of videos online.
Awfully presumptuous everything you said. Maybe he left Haiti early because his Creole French isnt that good? If Marwa was previously in Colombia then it could he has greater proficiency in Spanish than some kind of French? Kenya being an English speaking country and all maybe the inability of getting around easily because of language barrier? Or maybe he needed anti-diarrhea medication that wasnt available on the West side? Or the broadband was better in Santiago for his webcast?

The Thermoquad Cowboy

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I live down here. I dress however I feel like dressing as often as I please
and its NEVER been a problem. Though I would advice against walking into
an upscale restaurant in flip flops and beach shorts in any country.

Maybe times have changed .. .there WAS a time however ,when even at like the Merengue Festival on the Malecon in Santo Domingo, on a HOT August Night .. IF YOU WERE NOT WEARING SLACKS and a nice SHIRT & Dress Shoes, not sneakers .. .NO FEMALE would even consider dancing with you, or even socialize with you .. The Flower shirt and Cargo Shorts Gringos were avoided at all cost and laughed at quite frankly, no matter how well groomed and clean you were otherwise.
Just saying.