Puerto Plata - Weather Report

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Friday January 2 2009

Good morning. We brought the year in fabulously here in Puerto Plata. We had a beautiful clear night on New Years Eve, followed by a beautiful day January 1st. In my opinion there was no better place to be then right here.

Today we are once again bright and sunny with a very light breeze. Looks to be another nice one.

Have a great day. ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Saturday January 3

Good morning - another beautiful day here. We have completely blue skies - not a cloud to be seen - almost no breeze - looks to be a fabulous day

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Wednesday January 7

Good morning, we continue with some fabulous weather in Puerto PLata. We have hot sunny days, with a light breeze, some cloud build up but no rain.

Have a great day.

kuhny

Dec 19, 2006
Happy belated New Year Planner! Just as a comparison, while you enjoy your sunny skies and warmth, I am back into forecasting snow after snow after snow here in Kitchener!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Wednesday January 14

Good morning, sorry to inconsistant on the report right now - just really busy.

The weather has been pretty nice this week. Mostly sunny skies with cloud build up later in the day. We had a brief shower yesterday afternoon but then the sun returned.

We have cooler nights and hot days. Perfect weather. And I am pretty sure wayyyyy better then where you might be.....

Have a great day.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
umm, yeah, you definitely have that right. The weather here (near Toronto) is completely miserable!!!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Friday January 16

Good morning. We have had some torrential rain this morning. Wow, it rained hard. Right now we have some clearing and the sun is shining but that will change shortly.

It is clearer off to the east so should be nicer later.

Yesterday was fabulous - but that was in Santiago. I think we had a shower yesterday.

Have a great day

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Saturday January 24

Well it is a great week if you are allergic to sun. We have seen almost no sun for about 5 days now. Today is not looking good either.

We have had very heavy rain all week interspersed with periods of regular rain!!! Lots of flooding - both big and small.

Hopefully this will clear this weekend and we can go back to normal.

Have a great day.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Monday January 26

We had a nice sunny day yesterday. Now we are back to overcast with rainy periods but it looks to be clearing. We also have more seasonal temperatures back. It is getting hotter...........

Have a great day.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Tuesday February 3

Morning, continued mixed bag of weather from pouring rain to hot and sunny. Right this moment we have sunny skies and temperatures warming as the day progresses.

Have a great day.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Friday February 6

Wow - it is cold and wet here..... currently it is only 68 F and we are cold.... I know - no sympathy from all of you in the frozen north.

Bundle up and have a great day.

Mar 2, 2008
With over 4 feet of snow on the ground, w/6 foot drifts, and not a day above 20 F (-7 C) for the past month, up here, I doubt you will get much sympathy. 68 sounds like a warm day in spring to me.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Tuesday February 10

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain - did I mention we have rain........... so much rain, we are sick of it. And it is cold -well cold for us.

Seriously - we have problems with flooding, road washouts, houses ruined, people drowning, bridges unpassable......... someone make this rain stop. Please.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey sweety,
we could bring your rain and our wind wind wind, did i mention we have it a lil windy over here on the east??, and form together a mayor Cat 6 hurricane, ha ha.
and yes, it is freaking freezing cold over here, too.
on our side it looks like we will get near 30knots of blowing tonight, hopefully the end of the line to get it running down tomorrow, so thursday may be back on just caribbean beach time.
at the moment i sit inside on the 'puter with a thick sweater over those other clothings and i can't believe those Fotos on the bord aside the monitor which show ME??? as a kid playing in that white snow in germany??
heck, i assume today's they even fake those fotos of your's which you have hanging on the wall since decades, ha ha.
keep those drinks coming, it's the only warmth around, lol.
Mike

btw,
did i mention it's freakin' cold???

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
keep those drinks coming, it's the only warmth around, lol.
Mike

btw,
did i mention it's freakin' cold???

Would you like me to make you some 'SPECIAL' Gluvine Mike?? Come on up here for a drink & I'll deck the garden out with polestyrene chips & shaving foam to make it LOOK more 'Apres Ski'!! ~ Grahame. :cheeky:
(Benz ze knees undt keep ze veight on ze downhill ski please! Ooops/Bomp!!).

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Wednesday February 11

OH please Mike make this cold and rain GO AWAY. I had 2 hot showers last night just trying to warm up!!!! The damp is in everything. BUT I will stop complaining as so many here have real problems - not my kind of problems. The rain, wind and cold have combined to create real problems in this country. For those who visit and bring things - we need it more then ever. Many families are devastated by this rain. Lots of flooding, lots of people have lost everything and so many more are sick.

With a little luck this will break in the next couple of days and we can warm up and dry out......

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right,
we are at least living in houses who may get a bit wet here and there, but heck, not what is called a problem.
i had an other fu$$ed off day, passages are closed, no chance to go fishing.
peak season is this year til now 70+% under the 2008 level, not so good.
breeze here on the east coast is blowing since many hours steadily from the east, skies are clearing up on that direction since this noon, so i still have hope that Sea is o.k. tomorrow morning and wind will cut down tonight, to get those needed fishies.
Grahame, a 'Gluehwein' would not be that bad of an idea now, ha ha,
at this moment i have an other huge cup of coffee with a large baileys in it.
the worst possible scenario:
"the fisherman does not ask for a icecold presidente light"
Mike