Rat problem

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The English, the Russians and now the Yankees could not defeat Pashtuns or even slow them down much.

But a geriatric rat...........? :hurt::D:dead:

as i used to tell my mom: call me when there is a bear, lion or a tiger to kill, but please do not insult me by calling me to kill a tiny rat.
AZB

Reactions: Celt202

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have dropped some more rat poison last night on the bathroom floor. I have a feeling, i shall be making his funeral arrangements soon.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
last night I heard something drop in my bathroom. So I, instantly, assumed he had finally kicked the bucket but as I neared the door, I heard him eating away the wooden door in desperation. maybe this is his way of protesting his incarceration.
AZB

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I'm not sure what kind of poison you have in the DR but I once had a mouse problem. The poison I used was blue as well I'd have to remember the name but it worked better when you put it in water so in a shallow dish and it died. Peanut butter in traps work good as well I hear. Get that RAT !!!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I'm not sure what kind of poison you have in the DR but I once had a mouse problem. The poison I used was blue as well I'd have to remember the name but it worked better when you put it in water so in a shallow dish and it died. Peanut butter in traps work good as well I hear. Get that RAT !!!!
I believe you are correct Music. I think it is a combination of eating the poison and the rat drinking plenty of water for his demise.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Well I learned the hard way as just with the poison nothing was happening and once we added the water DEAD MOUSE and we were very happy to be rid of it! I hate them yuk!!!!

I believe you are correct Music. I think it is a combination of eating the poison and the rat drinking plenty of water for his demise.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well I learned the hard way as just with the poison nothing was happening and once we added the water DEAD MOUSE and we were very happy to be rid of it! I hate them yuk!!!!
That is probably why the rat is scratching at the door. The rat is in need of water. AZB did you notice the rat was content in the bathroom before but now wants to get out. I don't know if it is true or not but people would say after the rat/mouse ate the poison he would drink so much water and drown himself.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
8-iron...

I also had one inside the apartment. I used a trap... the trap closed...but he just walked with it around his neck screaming a little bit. However a precisely hit 8-iron did the job.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
An 8 iron? I would have gone for a sand wedge to get a little more height and just chipped it out of the window LOL

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
nice idea JD.
I will see if he is dead yet. If not, water coming up.
AZB

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
On the other hand JD, an old rat may have learned the Australian Crawl by now, and will appreciate the new swimming pool.

Any evidence your rat has been bathing in the toilet AZB? Is the hand towel damp?

May 29, 2006
The bucket idea sounds like a winner. Use enough water though so it can't jump out. Rats can jump three feet straight up no prob. I'd use a plastic waste basket or five gallon bucket. I've seen birds and rats drown in buckets filled with rain water.

I was going to suggest selling the rat a beach casita in Sosua for $40,000 and then wait until he hires some locals to "look after it for him." It wouldn't kill him, but he would prob suffer more than with the rat poison. He also may have trouble coming up with the $40K unless it is a sankie rat.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
roland_LA.jpg

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Any evidence your rat has been bathing in the toilet AZB? Is the hand towel damp?

Or maybe the rat used toilet paper? You know how AZB complains that locals use far too much toilet paper by wrapping it round their fists? Well, if he sees a moving ball of toilet paper jumping around his bathroom, he'll know his rat reads DR1 and is raising a two fingered salute.