Read Chiri's blog!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Note to self ....

Chirimoya said:
Thanks planner, today's update contains the reply to a question I wasn't sure about when you visited.

Happy ending.

Thanks also to all the people who have pinned my map. Thanks for the nice comments. :cool:
Don't fall for Chiri's enticing ads for her blog .... LOL!!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Whatever were you thinking, Shad?

(Note to self: I must polish off some more double-entendres for Shad.)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Temporary amnesia

Chirimoya said:
Whatever were you thinking, Shad?

(Note to self: I must polish off some more double-entendres for Shad.)
Can't recall anything .... that's my story and I'm sticking to it for now LOL!!!

Actually, I'm secretly taking notes as I plan to buy something in the DR so, your reno project is providing invaluable tips ... double-entendres, que?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Shad, were you implying that the blog doesn't live up to its promise?

I'm truly gutted. :cry:

I really thought I was on to a winning formula with the home decoration theme. Isn't 'watching paint dry' all the rage these days?

I'll have to bring out the really big guns and post another baby photo now. :devious:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Deceived for an instant

Chirimoya said:
Shad, were you implying that the blog doesn't live up to its promise?

I'm truly gutted. :cry:

I really thought I was on to a winning formula with the home decoration theme. Isn't 'watching paint dry' all the rage these days?

I'll have to bring out the really big guns and post another baby photo now. :devious:
For an instant there I didn't see the 'g' and thought you were about to post pictures from Al Bundy's girlie magazine ... then I put my glasses on ..... :(

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Nice pictures, now I am sitting here in front of the monitor trying to smell the bananas. Gee thanks Chiri!!

Is the cover model scheduled for an appearance anytime soon?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
linamia said:
Nice pictures, now I am sitting here in front of the monitor trying to smell the bananas. Gee thanks Chiri!!

Is the cover model scheduled for an appearance anytime soon?
Lina, as it happens I have some new ones, but if I want Piblet to speak to me when she grows up I can't post them. She would never forgive me, or her mum for that matter.

Pity really, because those Piblet entries send the stats counter rocketing like no others!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I just had a chance to get caught up on your blog. Great pics and great story-lines. If you keep writing, I'll keep reading.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
rellosk said:
I just had a chance to get caught up on your blog. Great pics and great story-lines. If you keep writing, I'll keep reading.

Wow, thanks. Now if you really want to make my day, pin that map. That goes for you too, Lina!;)

Seriously, thanks for the kind comment.

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
Chirimoya said:
Lina, as it happens I have some new ones, but if I want Piblet to speak to me when she grows up I can't post them. She would never forgive me, or her mum for that matter.

Pity really, because those Piblet entries send the stats counter rocketing like no others!

Dios!! Me encantaba Gazcue........I loved that little neighborhood. It reminds me so much of neighborhoods back in Los Angeles, CA where I'm from. If i ever lived in Santo Domingo--that is where i would live--definitely.

I lived in Miraflores--it was ok, but it didnt have the magic of Gazcue.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks, Exxtol

Miraflores is the area north of Av. Mexico, isn't it? It has a similar feel to Gazcue.

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
Chirimoya said:
Miraflores is the area north of Av. Mexico, isn't it? It has a similar feel to Gazcue.

Yes it starts right after Gomez on 27 de febrero. Across from that park--i forget the name. It's not very big at all.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Exxtol said:
Dios!! Me encantaba Gazcue........I loved that little neighborhood. It reminds me so much of neighborhoods back in Los Angeles, CA where I'm from. If i ever lived in Santo Domingo--that is where i would live--definitely.

I lived in Miraflores--it was ok, but it didnt have the magic of Gazcue.

I also liked those Gazcue pictures, Chiri. That house with the red tiles and the tree-lined streets, remind me of the Vedado section of Havana. Of course, Los Angeles too. I have seen many neighborhoods in different parts of Los Angeles that look like Gazcue.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
juancarlos said:
I also liked those Gazcue pictures, Chiri. That house with the red tiles and the tree-lined streets, remind me of the Vedado section of Havana. Of course, Los Angeles too. I have seen many neighborhoods in different parts of Los Angeles that look like Gazcue.
That's part of the reason I like it too. I haven't been to Los Angeles but I have been to Havana.

Thanks for pinning the map, and for the kind comments, as always.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I just figured out the map thingy. So cool! I'd like to put it on my Typepad site but have to figure out how and hwere to paste the code.

Loved the Gazcue entry.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In this morning's update:

A question to the readers, and how some of them inadvertently ended up in the sea, or on another island altogether.

Special Sunday treat - a recipe I'm sure none of you have tried before.