Really ****ty DR day! UPDATE AND QUESTION

Apr 10, 2014
Believe me, it is not for lack of my monthly paymenbts.....I pay every single months........Problem is, Mother does not like to work and enjoys drugs with beer.......

I have followed your posts over the last year concerning your issue and I know the pain and suffering you have gone through. Pay no mind to individuals who have no clue to your situation. Typical peanut gallery comments

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I came home one day and all was gone....That was a month ago.....all gone...furniture, cash......appliances

.She is now learning how life is in the City without the Goose that lays the Golden Eggs. She is currently unemplyed, occupies an apartment absent of any furniture....all sleep on foam matts thrown on the floor.

How do you feel about your children sleeping on foam matts thrown on the floor? I am sure they will remember you. Good day.

Believe me, it is not for lack of my monthly paymenbts.....I pay every single months........Problem is, Mother does not like to work and enjoys drugs with beer.......

Just as a comment, based on this, the OP is not perhaps doing anything wrong, as they emptied the house, as per my first quotation, so where did they take the furniture, money and appliances if they have nothing anymore?..

I of course don't know the OP, but based on his writing style, I'm positive the kids mean quite a bit to him...

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Just as a comment, based on this, the OP is not perhaps doing anything wrong, as they emptied the house, as per my first quotation, so where did they take the furniture, money and appliances if they have nothing anymore?..

I of course don't know the OP, but based on his writing style, I'm positive the kids mean quite a bit to him...

That is a major question I can not answer.....I can only assume she sold the stuff.......But, truthfully, I have no idea.....

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

It would be interesting to hear the other side of the story.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I have followed your posts over the last year concerning your issue and I know the pain and suffering you have gone through. Pay no mind to individuals who have no clue to your situation. Typical peanut gallery comments

It was not a peanut gallery comment, but rather an honest assessment based on the poster's own statement. As much as you would like to relate, and care to bond, no man or woman could ever know or share the pain others go through. Nice try though.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

There are always three sides to a story. One. The other. And then the truth. Domestic inspired squabbles are nasty scenarios, more so when they involve young ones. Any parent wishes the best for their children. Hopefully one side or the other is doing what is best for the children here, as it is them that matter the most.

Apr 10, 2014
It was not a peanut gallery comment, but rather an honest assessment based on the poster's own statement. As much as you would like to relate, and care to bond, no man or woman could ever know or share the pain others go through. Nice try though.

I have walked in his shoes but tenfold. I went through a 6 year court battle to gain visitation and eventual joint custody. I had my own coffee mug waiting for me each time at Family Court. Feeling his pain only makes me relive my pain. Any father who has gone through this can relate.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I have walked in his shoes but tenfold. I went through a 6 year court battle to gain visitation and eventual joint custody. I had my own coffee mug waiting for me each time at Family Court. Feeling his pain only makes me relive my pain. Any father who has gone through this can relate.

Hard times indeed Doug, but there are always three sides to a story.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
It would be interesting to hear the other side of the story.

Regardless of what she would have to say, no parent has the right to withhold the children from the other parent.......Remember, I wiould the right to see the kids in the Tribunal....the sentencing was made....she does not comply......

potus

Dec 27, 2015

Incredible.......it is so difficult....worst part is that the ex can say NO to me seeing the kids eventhough I have full rights to do so.......That is wrong......

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Jesus Christ this **** happens in the D.R too? It's one of the main reasons why I left the states. I've seen the system totally screw over my friends with children and i thought i could avoid this in a more masculine society. Good luck to the OP but man you have scared the **** out of me.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Jesus Christ this **** happens in the D.R too? It's one of the main reasons why I left the states. I've seen the system totally screw over my friends with children and i thought i could avoid this in a more masculine society. Good luck to the OP but man you have scared the **** out of me.

Well, all judges, procecutors and Magistrates I encountered in my ordeal were without exception female......Eventhough, I can not say that I was unfairly treated.....it is the EX that says NO............

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Free advice #1.....Pay your attorney more.
Free advice #2.....Get a new attorney.
Free advice #3.....Get a female attorney.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Free advice #1.....Pay your attorney more.
Free advice #2.....Get a new attorney.
Free advice #3.....Get a female attorney.

Free advice #1.....Pay your attorney more.>>DONE....A fortune by now....
Free advice #2.....Get a new attorney.>>DONE.....This team is number 3 by now
Free advice #3.....Get a female attorney.>>DONE> It is a Male/female team.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
My friend, I went through the same exact circumstances over 20 years ago in New York. Be patient and persistent. Things will come about. The children as they get older and wiser will realize the truth. The cliche " Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned " speaks volumes. Hang in there.

This. Same for me. Angry mother took the kids to the states. No idea where they were, except knowing they were in Georgia, because that's where I had to send the support payments. For 19 years.

Once they got big enough, they contacted me, and that's when we tried to build a relationship.

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018

Make good with the Mother in law if she has a good relationship with your wife. You should be fine. Anytime I have ever had an issue with my wife. I get my mother in law involved. It always gets straightened out real quick. Luckily those calls are far and few between these days.

The OPs case seems extreme. I, like you, feel we would fare much better here then we would in our home Countries.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Make good with the Mother in law if she has a good relationship with your wife. You should be fine. Anytime I have ever had an issue with my wife. I get my mother in law involved. It always gets straightened out real quick. Luckily those calls are far and few between these days.

The OPs case seems extreme. I, like you, feel we would fare much better here then we would in our home Countries.

The Mother in Law is the devilish ring leader of the whole operation.......

potus

Dec 27, 2015
In the DR the mother is always the boss of the daughter. In any situation............

How would thgat help if both are pulling on the exact same string.....and all after having everything paid for in their lives for many, many years........