Reasons for Dominican mess

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"EASY"!
I WANT to drive "Mi Motor" on the sidewalk, Get The F#*K out of my way!
Why are you blocking MY sidewalk!
They use that same mentality, on the highway,in parking lots, in line at ,"Anywhere", and especially,in the supermarket, isles.
"Retorical Question" for today.
"Didn't their MOTHER teach them how to behave???
Their fathers, couldn't be reached for comment! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
"Hey!", maybe i'm on to something there??:bunny::bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LuisSanchez

Feb 2, 2013
Straight out from the web:
"...........His 30 years in power, to Dominicans known as the Trujillo Era (Spanish: La Era de Trujillo), is considered one of the bloodiest ever in the Americas, as well as a time of a classic personality cult, when monuments to Trujillo were in abundance. It has been estimated that Trujillo's tyranical rule was responsible for the death of more than 50,000 people, including 20,000 to 30,000 in the infamous Parsley Massacre."

On top of that, he was the master and we dominicans were his slaves. [Darn, I know I was there...and I remember a terrorized population.]
People that still find something good in the bastard give me a lot to think about. Just the name of Trujillo gives me nausea.
And indeed Dominicans are still living under the shadow of that monster who we hope is burning in hell with to su familia. His smell still smears every darn palma that growth in the island. What is worse...I better stop, I fell like vomiting.:angry:

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Hey, LuisS?nchez, isn't it interesting to see so many non-Dominicans clamoring for the return of Trujillo, ese asesino, chivito jarto 'e jobo?

LuisSanchez

Feb 2, 2013
Hey, LuisS?nchez, isn't it interesting to see so many non-Dominicans clamoring for the return of Trujillo, ese asesino, chivito jarto 'e jobo?

That makes me wonder...they are either ignorants, stupids or whatever...they have no idea of the anger that just the mention ot that name brings to many dominicans..brrrr....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Luis, Lucifer, I'm not Dominican, but I've been married into a Dominican family since 1976. I hear a lot.

In my opinion, it's not Trujillo per se that they want. They yearn for the times when the streets were not filled with hoodlums running in the streets, when they left doors and windows open, when criminals were punished. They think they need an iron man in charge to feel safer.

They forget the mental terror they were subjected to. The lands they lost. The family they lost. The daughters they sent to Europe to protect them from the Trujillo men. Sometimes I'll hear someone talk about how frightening it was to see those black VW Beetles on their street.

I think some of the people who were either small children or just heard the stories sometimes romanticize the Trujillo era. The buildings, the roads, the monuments. The older people, who there are less and less of each year, remember the truth. My husband was a 12 year old boy when Trujillo died. He remembers.

LuisSanchez

Feb 2, 2013
Luis, Lucifer, I'm not Dominican, but I've been married into a Dominican family since 1976. I hear a lot.

In my opinion, it's not Trujillo per se that they want. They yearn for the times when the streets were not filled with hoodlums running in the streets, when they left doors and windows open, when criminals were punished. They think they need an iron man in charge to feel safer.

They forget the mental terror they were subjected to. The lands they lost. The family they lost. The daughters they sent to Europe to protect them from the Trujillo men. Sometimes I'll hear someone talk about how frightening it was to see those black VW Beetles on their street.

I think some of the people who were either small children or just heard the stories sometimes romanticize the Trujillo era. The buildings, the roads, the monuments. The older people, who there are less and less of each year, remember the truth. My husband was a 12 year old boy when Trujillo died. He remembers.

I remember...I was 6 years old...I remember very well: The fear of my family and neighborgs...etc...
That is why history seems to always repeat itself. People forget. The strong man comes back to slave them again and again. However, dominicans are still living under that shadow: Joaquin Balaguer, John Bosch, and the old families still there. And let us not forget who placed Trujillo in power and who took that power away...but that is another topic and I do not do politics. I subscribe to an Epicurian philosophy. Politics is a no no. Life is short and the end of time is arriving fast. Cheers,

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
also from the web: There was considerable economic growth during Trujillo's long and iron-fisted regime, although a great deal of the wealth was taken by the dictator and other regime elements. There was progress in healthcare, education, and transportation, with the building of hospitals and clinics, schools, and roads and harbors. He made the country debt-free in 1947.

i could not care about el jefe himself. i am, however, pointing out that lots of good things happen during his reign. not my problem that you cannot separate your hatred from the facts...

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
With out a future people become irresponsible. You are only responsible when you know the consequence of your action. We look at the past and try to find the good times and no one can agree on. If you look at the mind set of the average person living here has no concept of time future or past. The banksters have taken over the governments of this and many countries and the frustration of the few people who do understand time are about to lose everything. For those people who had a future and where working to make the country better are now joining the irresponsible group because they see the frustration in doing anything. I think the people in power are just trying to line there pockets before the big crash.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"EASY"!
I WANT to drive "Mi Motor" on the sidewalk, Get The F#*K out of my way!
Why are you blocking MY sidewalk!
They use that same mentality, on the highway,in parking lots, in line at ,"Anywhere", and especially,in the supermarket, isles.
"Retorical Question" for today.
"Didn't their MOTHER teach them how to behave???
Their fathers, couldn't be reached for comment! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
"Hey!", maybe i'm on to something there??:bunny::bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC , the fathers could not be reached for child support, either.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thet are busy with their next "Baby Mama"!
CC
What's the definition of "Mass Confusion"????????
"Father's Day in the Dominican Republic!!!!!!
"Eres TU???", "Eres TU???", "Eres TU???"
"NO!,NO!, "No Fui YO!!!!"

LuisSanchez

Feb 2, 2013
also from the web: There was considerable economic growth during Trujillo's long and iron-fisted regime, although a great deal of the wealth was taken by the dictator and other regime elements. There was progress in healthcare, education, and transportation, with the building of hospitals and clinics, schools, and roads and harbors. He made the country debt-free in 1947.

i could not care about el jefe himself. i am, however, pointing out that lots of good things happen during his reign. not my problem that you cannot separate your hatred from the facts...

of course it is not your problem. oh maybe it is if you hang around educated dominicans you would ostrasized very quickly. good luck.

by the way germany did very well between 1932 and 1938.
that justifies hitler, right?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Luis", first,I have a news flash for you, 99.9% of the worlds population don't know that there even IS a Dominican Republic, and that'sup .5% since 1945!
When we all get to "Hell" the "Hitler Bonfire" will be burning VERY bright, Trujillo will be holding a "Glow Stick"!
Second, now where in the name of "DIOS" do you expect "dvi" to find an educated Dominican?
"Aunt Clara" is busy, and the other one moved to Miami!
You are yet another example of a Dominican that can NEVER accept any form of criticisum, negative, but more important,
Constructive!
c

LuisSanchez

Feb 2, 2013
"Luis", first,I have a news flash for you, 99.9% of the worlds population don't know that there even IS a Dominican Republic, and that'sup .5% since 1945!
When we all get to "Hell" the "Hitler Bonfire" will be burning VERY bright, Trujillo will be holding a "Glow Stick"!
Second, now where in the name of "DIOS" do you expect "dvi" to find an educated Dominican?
"Aunt Clara" is busy, and the other one moved to Miami!
You are yet another example of a Dominican that can NEVER accept any form of criticisum, negative, but more important,
Constructive!
c

of course i see that dr society is broken. we did it. however to talk that a trujillo will fix it...that is non-sense.
educated dominicans? there are quite a few...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
of course i see that dr society is broken. we did it. however to talk that a trujillo will fix it...that is non-sense.
educated dominicans? there are quite a few...

You can't blame what's broken in Dominican society on Trujillo, nor do you need another Trujillo like leader, but you do need a leader with the balls to tell the truth about Dominican problems and the required cures. Unfortunately that person would never get elected.

LuisSanchez

Feb 2, 2013
You can't blame what's broken in Dominican society on Trujillo, nor do you need another Trujillo like leader, but you do need a leader with the balls to tell the truth about Dominican problems and the required cures. Unfortunately that person would never get elected.

Actually, I do not blame trujillo at all. Trujillo was a puppet of US and he was killed using CIA weapons when he became too loose and wanted to expand his influences into NYC, Venezuela and the rest of the caribean. The dominicans own DR's problems and the dominicans pay and will pay by their deeds.

I, as a member of the diaspora, left a long time ago -hey, I have no heroe complex. I suspect that we were hopeless and by the millions migrated to US and Spain. Now I look back and I see the mess that my own generation created. I have no respect for today dominican leaders. I met them. I even went to school with several of the main political figures today. Shame on them!

However, the problem is not in DR. It is all over Latinamerica. I see no solution but I know that no hay enfermedad que dure 100 a?os ni cuerpo que la resista. So....Cheers.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Sorry, Chris, can't accept this statement. "You are yet another example of a Dominican that can NEVER accept any form of criticisum, negative, but more important", Only this evening a good Dominican friend of our called round to tell us that his church is barbecuing a pig this evening and would we like some? My wife said we had already defrosted a chicken for tomorrow so a plate of pork didn't fit in. He said " lo siento. culpa mia , abrio dijo es mas temprano" (approximately).

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
luis, luis... i do not know where to start... hitler... this is a close past for us polaks. and despite the war and all the evil you cannot deny that he was a great strategist and a charismatic leader loved and followed by millions. unfortunately, i should add. people have many faces. i am not looking for "justification" or even "explanation". i am looking at bare facts and those speak loudly that trujillo era was good time for dominican economy (btw, germany did a lot better AFTER the war, with all that american help, but that's another story altogether).

secondly, i have a news flash for you, luis. your average jose perez does not care how many people trujillo killed. all he knows that back then an average dude just like himself lived in more peace, without fear of crime and violence, without worry whether he will have a bowl of rice tomorrow. just like in poland average folks, like my parents, lived better under the communism: with their secure jobs, low food prices and general safety.

lastly, i know many educated dominicans. i have not been rejected by them based on my views. i guess they are more critical about their past than you.

LuisSanchez

Feb 2, 2013
luis, luis... i do not know where to start... hitler... this is a close past for us polaks. and despite the war and all the evil you cannot deny that he was a great strategist and a charismatic leader loved and followed by millions. unfortunately, i should add. people have many faces. i am not looking for "justification" or even "explanation". i am looking at bare facts and those speak loudly that trujillo era was good time for dominican economy (btw, germany did a lot better AFTER the war, with all that american help, but that's another story altogether).

secondly, i have a news flash for you, luis. your average jose perez does not care how many people trujillo killed. all he knows that back then an average dude just like himself lived in more peace, without fear of crime and violence, without worry whether he will have a bowl of rice tomorrow. just like in poland average folks, like my parents, lived better under the communism: with their secure jobs, low food prices and general safety.

lastly, i know many educated dominicans. i have not been rejected by them based on my views. i guess they are more critical about their past than you.

Ok Ok Peace