Reasons for Dominican mess

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
More DR after Trujillo:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hm-tckHTNhk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Olvidado", the World needs Hedonists like me, to validate "Do Gooders" like You!
As my wise "Madre" always said, The Road To Hell, Is Paved With "Good Intentions"!
Come "Home" and you and chip can "PLAN" how to make a better future for the DR!
Until then,I'll DO my part by providing milk to all the "Baby Mamas" knocked-up by all the good Dominican "Baby Papas"!
We both better hurry!
As "Viejos",we might not have much time left to finish the job!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
ps., I do like you-----------------------
The Dominican "Peasants", seem to still enjoy living under the "Padron System" introduced by "Los Espanoles"!
I always tell my wife, that if you give a Dominican, a "Tin Roof", some beans and rice, and a bottle of "Brugal" around 15 December,
they will keep quiet, and vote for you forever!
Or, at least the other guy adds a frozen chicken!

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
More DR after Trujillo.

I would like for someone to tell me in what civilized country would thieves do this IN A HOSPITAL!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YeAHVmmBCcw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
In the DR after Trujillo people can't even enjoy themselves in a public place without worrying about this...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/27ui1wPa-to?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Or this...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/81GaBsnS_Lg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think this makes things clear and what was shown here is only one dimension of the lawlessness.

kent

Jan 5, 2005
Not much change

J was first here in 1965. Thought the country had a future an moved here in 1974. Have lived here since, an am still waiting for Dominican to get their act together. We should have a much better country.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
And that is OK?!

Sadly people are still being murdered for nothing-crime is up, and there seems to be garbage everywhere! Some countries seem to have trouble adopting democracy. Or is it autocracy or plutocracy?!? Whichever, they don't seem to care as much about reducing crime or pollution.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
To me, it's about the government and political authority. If political leaders are doing the killing and the government is not taking care of the basics, i.e., crime and an uncorrupted justice system , garbage collection and disposal, basic education, etc. (y'all know what I'm talking about), I have mucho problema!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
To me, it's about the government and political authority. If political leaders are doing the killing and the government is not taking care of the basics, i.e., crime and an uncorrupted justice system , garbage collection and disposal, basic education, etc. (y'all know what I'm talking about), I have mucho problema!

Agreed! whats the solution? Nobody wants a Dictator but the political system that replaced it has only been successful in its destruction.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
People get the government they deserve!
"Nals", I "Officially" revoke your "DR Spin Doctors" title!
You "Showed It Like It IS!!!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LuisSanchez

Feb 2, 2013
Fredy Beras Goico. Recuerdo en abril de 1965, cuando el salio en la television apoyando a los rebeldes, mientras el pais entraba en puro caos politico y los yanquis se preparaban para enviar 22,000 soldados para invadir. Ya el murio. Pero nunca deje de creer que decia las cosas como laa veia. En este video lo dice claro. Yo, que me acerco al retiro, y que sueno regresar a mi hermosa quisqueya, me encuentro dudoso. Que vida es esa cuando no se puede caminar por las calles de su ciudad, SD, sin estar atemorizado? Esto no lo digo esperando que nadie me de la respuesta, sino compartiendo la tristeza de ver como una sociedad se ahoga en el terror. Muy triste....Gosh, I just realized I wrote all this in Spanish...I wonder....