Regularization card "Non Resident" foreigners

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
No, Picardo - we do begin to take you as an authority since much of the stuff that you post about has come to pass.

OK - so if solvency is elimininated as a criteria with the Amnesty - and they already have the 7 people sworn ties - with the PLAN - assuming that they do - then they need a clean police record?

Have many/any cards been given out under the PLAN yet? Somehow I thought that there was an Aug 6th deadline for filing?

(aside from the cedulas that were returned)

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
No, Picardo - we do begin to take you as an authority since much of the stuff that you post about has come to pass.

OK - so if solvency is elimininated as a criteria with the Amnesty - and they already have the 7 people sworn ties - with the PLAN - assuming that they do - then they need a clean police record?

Have many/any cards been given out under the PLAN yet? Somehow I thought that there was an Aug 6th deadline for filing?

(aside from the cedulas that were returned)

No, don't take me for anything on authority!

Solvency WAS eliminated via the AMNESTY provided. Those that registered under the AMNESTY are not required to fulfill it. Any proof of bank accounts and other financial stuff like utility bills goes to provide proof of long term residency and roots in the country, not SOLVENCY. Police records, etc... All of that is required as any other applicant to residency in the DR.

The cards are being issued by the gov as soon as they are printed and checked for errors. The actual number is running up since it's a non-stop event. The AMNESTY is OVER. Only those whose names were taken from the long lines at the cut off day and received a date to return, will be able to finalize their registration. There was/is no extension to the AMNESTY.

Cedulas were NOT returned. The Cedulas that were voided since they were issued under fraud were terminated and the new biometric database updated with the REAL data of those affected by the frauds.

A new Cedula was issued to them and the data is vetted as it should be, including biometrics of origin.

The exemption to qualify for a residency as normal was provided by the AMNESTY alone. Any other way of adjustment of status will require the full qualifiers since.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I read today that about 90,000 People under the plan who registered with passport will get a "cintillo de visado" what is that and what does it mean?

They will get a pre-immigrant visa proof to avoid arrest and/or deportation due to status in the DR. These people need to proceed with required paperwork in order to establish temporary residency in the DR. Hence the cintillo de Visado"...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
it wood be better if i give all of them worker cards....100us$ each...with these cards they would actually be in the same position although they would have a worker card...

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
All status, even not completed seem "Tramite" - when the card is ready the status is " EN PROCESO DE ENTREGA"

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
+1 I mean $$$$$$, trips to Santo domingo, renewals, x-rays, medical, back and forth...and now some just go there and present some papers and get Permanent residency for free? I hope there is a misunderstanding here

HDR.
some people for the regularization had to do the same trips you took to Santo Domingo multiple times, get papers notarized, pay lawyers etc... the only thing they got a pass on was the xray stuff and there is no official fees to register. But you know those lawyers to help with papers that you had to take in multiple times, those friends handing over their cedulas to vouch they know you, getting police certificates they weren't all free you know it's thousand of pesos. it would have been better or cheaper to officially charge for the program and remove or alleviate those steps. But you know it is a nice PR move to say we did it for free. the stimilus package did not go to the state economy it sure did flow into the local economy.
Understand this is not a complaint, just wanted you to know the program do cost time and money to acheive

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
OK, that time it worked fine. I tried earlier and when I put the number in it went to a log in screen.