Report on Trip to US

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ken said:
No problem. Trip over and I'm back in Sosua where I belong. The discussion re computer problems has been very interesting.
Like I said, Ken, If and when your PC flips out on you again, give me a call.
I'll be more than glad to check it out.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Just returned from the doctor. He confirmed the diagnosis of the dr1 "medical experts." My problem is a circulation thing related to the flight.

He said something else that might be of interest to Rocky and his sister coming from Canada. He said that when people come to the tropics from a cooler climate this might be a contributing factor because the system works different in the tropics than in a cooler climate. I'm sure the real doctors on the board could explain it better, but that was my understanding of what I was told.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ken said:
Just returned from the doctor. He confirmed the diagnosis of the dr1 "medical experts." My problem is a circulation thing related to the flight.

He said something else that might be of interest to Rocky and his sister coming from Canada. He said that when people come to the tropics from a cooler climate this might be a contributing factor because the system works different in the tropics than in a cooler climate. I'm sure the real doctors on the board could explain it better, but that was my understanding of what I was told.
Ken,
You always make me laugh, even when you're writing about serious stuff.
Glad to hear that it's nothing serious and that you'll be up & dancing in no time at all.
Will you be having one of those wild weekend parties that Scott always talks about?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Rocky said:
Will you be having one of those wild weekend parties that Scott always talks about?

Scott posts that stuff because he knows a good offense is the best defense. If he keeps me busy replying to questions about those imagined wild parties, I won't have time to write posts about the young boys he is always sneaking into his apartment.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Readytogo said:
Rocky

Ken's ailment is indeed very serious, more strokes or aneurysms are caused by long flights than any other "activity" Sitting for prolonged periods in a cramped airplane is bad news for circulation

True - when I left South Africa, 4.5 years ago, it was on an international flight with my 3 week old baby and long flights are linked with SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrom) .... needless to say I was a little harried - all turned out fine though :)

Stay well,
Amy

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Readytogo said:
Rocky

Ken's ailment is indeed very serious, more strokes or aneurysms are caused by long flights than any other "activity" Sitting for prolonged periods in a cramped airplane is bad news for circulation

That is scary, Rtg, but a warning I will be taking seriously from now on. On one of the back pages of the AA inflight magazine was a list of exercises you can do on the plane to keep the blood flowing. I skipped over them this trip, but will be reading and doing them in the future.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ken said:
That is scary, Rtg, but a warning I will be taking seriously from now on. On one of the back pages of the AA inflight magazine was a list of exercises you can do on the plane to keep the blood flowing. I skipped over them this trip, but will be reading and doing them in the future.

All of those warnings used to be for other people. Never for us.
Now that were getting older, they're for us.
Get well soon, amigo.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Rocky said:
All of those warnings used to be for other people. Never for us.
Now that were getting older, they're for us.
Get well soon, amigo.

You're right. That was my mindset when I flipped past that page.