Rocky's Charity Thanksgiving Feast!

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
wish could be there people, need a volunteer

what a great gathering and event, i wish i could be there.
i have though a request for a volunteer who could pick up three kids from the home for abandoned and disabled children with their instructure or caretaker at mustard seed communities located in the district of sabatena de cangrejos, sosua, km4, el alto, between sosua and montellano.
their website is "www.mustardseed.com"
this will be greatly appreciated, i wish the management will agree on that though.
contingent upon their approval, please p.m. me or post a reply on this site so i will transfer the cost of five attendies to the event:
3 abandoned/disabled children
1 caretaker/instructer
1 volunteer
i really appreciate somebody's help to do this, it will bring some joy and confort to these children during this blessed season.

Reactions: mike l

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
anyone will volunteer

still looking for one volunteer, having these children for a thanksgiving dinner might put a smile on their face and a little warmth in their hearts. thanks for any volunteer.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
still looking for one volunteer, having these children for a thanksgiving dinner might put a smile on their face and a little warmth in their hearts. thanks for any volunteer.

If nobody coming that way will volunteer, I will pick up 3 kids and a caretaker.
No problems, and if you meant you would pay for the volunteer picking them up, don't, in my case. I do not want to be paid for helping kids out.

Belgiank

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
OK, here is the list as of today:

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Mike l (plus 1 to take out)
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Robert (Not the DR1 Robert)
Daddyooo
Ben
Jim (2)
Larry
Mr. Happy
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted
Seeker241
KoKi9290

That brings the total to 33. If those 5 people will be attending, please advise and I'll add them to the list.

We still have room for more so add your name to the list soon,

Rick

Reactions: Bronxboy

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003

Thank you for thinking about those children. I am/have been involved with Mustard Seed for some time. It would be wise to check that the children don't have doctor/therapy appointments that day.

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
well, la prof, i have visited there home last month and can really tell you that i left my heart with them inspite that i consider myself tough.
i wish i can find any volunteer who can do the talking instead of me, i certainly know that if i try to call them, unfortunately i won't be able to use my spanish language skills which is next to none. at least face to face i can use the sign language.lololo

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
dafishguy, please take my 5 guests into consideration. as soon its confirmed i will x.oom you the total bill. thanks

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
well, la prof, i have visited there home last month and can really tell you that i left my heart with them inspite that i consider myself tough.
i wish i can find any volunteer who can do the talking instead of me, i certainly know that if i try to call them, unfortunately i won't be able to use my spanish language skills which is next to none. at least face to face i can use the sign language.lololo

Johanna, the director of the home, speaks English. Do you need a telephone number? If so, I can PM it to you or send you the email address.

I am not in the DR right now, or I could call for you.

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
thanks la profe for the information.
sorry, i did not read belgiank generous offer to pick the three kids before i start posting.
thanks belgiank, perhaps then we can make it four children and one caretaker.
and by the way belgiank, after i read your previous posts and your great involvement in your wonderfull community, i can rest assure that you can do the right job.
can you please pm me with your phone # and email ad. so we can go into the details? thanks.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
thanks la profe for the information.
sorry, i did not read belgiank generous offer to pick the three kids before i start posting.
thanks belgiank, perhaps then we can make it four children and one caretaker.
and by the way belgiank, after i read your previous posts and your great involvement in your wonderfull community, i can rest assure that you can do the right job.
can you please pm me with your phone # and email ad. so we can go into the details? thanks.

pm with info send

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Updated list of attendees,

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Daddyooo
Ben
Jim (2)
Larry
Mr. Happy
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted
Seeker241
KoKi9290
Amerikano (5)
Jesse (2)
Mike D

Attendees now stand at 41. Keep the list growing folks and help us with a very worthy cause.

Take care and thank you all!

Rick

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Daddyooo
Ben
Jim (2)
Larry
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted
Seeker241
KoKi9290
Amerikano (5)
Jesse (2)
Mike D
Afroski
Marco (2)

We now stand at 43 confirmed. Please get your name on the list soon to reserve your spot at the feast. Thank you all and we'll see you on Thursday,

Rick

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Daddyooo
Ben (2)
Jim (2)
Larry
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted
Seeker241
KoKi9290
Amerikano (5)
Jesse (2)
Mike D
Afroski
Marco (2)
Wicked Willy

We now have 45 confirmed and with only two days to go before the big feast, please get your name on the list to ensure your spot.

See you all Thursday,

Rick

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Well, we just got back from Puerto Plata after buying all the fixings for the feast. WOW, did we get some great eats.

We now stand at 47 folks. If you want to attend this very worthy cause and have a great Thanksgiving meal to boot, you better get your name on the list quick. Once we hit 60, the list will be closed.

Thank you,

Rick

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Robert (Not the DR1 Robert although we'd love to have him attend as well!)
Daddyooo
Ben (2)
Jim (2)
Larry
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted
Seeker241
KoKi9290
Amerikano (5)
Jesse (2)
Mike D
Afroski
Marco (2)
Wicked Willy
Denis (2)

dr_dreamin

Jan 20, 2010
Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Daddyooo
Ben (2)
Jim (2)
Larry
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted
Seeker241
KoKi9290
Amerikano (5)
Jesse (2)
Mike D
Afroski
Marco (2)
Wicked Willy
dr_dreamin

Mar 2, 2008
Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Daddyooo
Ben (2)
Jim (2)
Larry
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted
Seeker241
KoKi9290
Amerikano (5)
Jesse (2)
Mike D
Afroski
Marco (2)
Wicked Willy
dr_dreamin (2)

I took the liberty, Rick. I figured you wouldn't mind.