Rocky's Charity Thanksgiving Feast!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
How good is that lemon meringue pie? Should I pack weapons and armour to do battle?

There will only be 2 pies so yes bring your battle gear but since only Rick and
Catcher have shown interest I will reserve 1 slice for you

Mar 2, 2008
I reserve the right for two slices. After that, it's a free for all.

I will fairly compensate Mike for those two pieces Please note that Mike is a master chef and deserves appropriate recognition.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I reserve the right for two slices. After that, it's a free for all.

I will fairly compensate Mike for those two pieces Please note that Mike is a master chef and deserves appropriate recognition.

Pie...is there Pie?

I made the ALL Butter flaky pastry dough tonight and will bake the shells when I wake up!

Catcher is confirmed for two slices and he will be the " Keeper Of The Pie "

The other pie is for Charity and to recognize the importance of bringing yellow lemons to the DR !

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Mike l (plus 1 to take out)
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Robert (Not the DR1 Robert)
Daddyooo
Ben (2)
Jim (2)
Larry
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted
Seeker241
KoKi9290
Amerikano (5)
Jesse (2)
Mike D
Afroski
Marco (2)
Wicked Willy
dr_dreamin (2)
Sam B

48 confirmed. We have room for 12 more if you still want to attend. Thanks to all those who have added their names to the list and to those who are helping to keep it all straight.

Rick

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
Are you on the list as the pies are made , I just need to do the merengue part tomorrow

a lil merengue while making pie is good :)

Reactions: waytogo

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Mike l (plus 1 to take out) + 2 guests
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Robert (Not the DR1 Robert)
Daddyooo
Ben (2)
Jim (2)
Larry
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted
Seeker241
KoKi9290
Amerikano (5)
Jesse (2)
Mike D
Afroski
Marco (2)
Wicked Willy
dr_dreamin (2)
Sam B

48 confirmed. We have room for 12 more if you still want to attend. Thanks to all those who have added their names to the list and to those who are helping to keep it all straight.

Rick

I am bringing 2 guests so we are at 50 now

Mar 2, 2008
I can't wait. I keep checking the time and wondering how Mike is doing with the pies.

I think I'll go a tad early just to smell the cooking.

Mar 2, 2008
It was a great meal and a great time.

Mike's pie was absolutely marvelous, and it appeared to me that a good time was had by all. I suspect that Rick will post a more complete wrap-up report.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Review time....

What a great feast it was.... turkey dinner with all the trimmings was superb so thanks to Rick and Milka and all involved (you know who you are). Sweets were great too and a special mention must be made regarding Mike l's yummy lemon meringue pies - hope you like my 'knobbly' lemons, Mike.

Only downside (!) to the whole happy occasion occurred when I walked with a friend to his car as he was leaving to collect a necklace chain he had had repaired for me in Puerto Plata. His car was parked about 200 yds down from Rocky's along Dr. Rosen and, as I returned to the festivities alone, was questioned and almost arrested by the Politur being a lone female on a Sosua street!!!!!!!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Reactions: mike l

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Great feast! Lovely turkey AND Brussels sprouts and all the yummy pies afterwards..hmmm.

Thanks Rick and co for all the efforts, it was a very pleasant afternoon and we hope that you will carry on this tradition for further years to come.

Acira

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you ALL for a great day. With your support of our Thanksgiving feast, we raised a nice amount that will go towards the purchase of the gifts for our New Years Eve Charity BASH. Details will follow at a later date on this site.

We had 71 people sit and eat a truly fantastic traditional Thanksgiving Feast. We used up all the turkey so those of you who were hoping for turkey sandwiches today at Rocky's will be disappointed.

Thank you all again for your support. I want to send a very special thank you out to DrRo for her much needed help in the kitchen. She is truly a fantastic lady with a heart of gold. Ro, THANK YOU!

Once you are all able to move again after eating your faces off, come on by and say hello. We are always happy to see you in Rocky's.

Take care,

Rick

dr_dreamin

Jan 20, 2010
Thank you, Rick, for a really great afternoon! I enjoyed not only the delicious food, but also had so much fun meeting some of "Rocky's crowd"! Special shout-out to Mike l for his fabulous LMP!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
What a great feast it was.... turkey dinner with all the trimmings was superb so thanks to Rick and Milka and all involved (you know who you are). Sweets were great too and a special mention must be made regarding Mike l's yummy lemon meringue pies - hope you like my 'knobbly' lemons, Mike.

Only downside (!) to the whole happy occasion occurred when I walked with a friend to his car as he was leaving to collect a necklace chain he had had repaired for me in Puerto Plata. His car was parked about 200 yds down from Rocky's along Dr. Rosen and, as I returned to the festivities alone, was questioned and almost arrested by the Politur being a lone female on a Sosua street!!!!!!!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Please tell me you're joking. Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving Dinner in DR.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
For long time DR1 members it is a tradition for us to follow Rock's Traditional turkey day feast. We also like to see the pictures of the happy crowd. Does anyone have pictures to post for us who can't be there in person. I have enjoyed this party every year without ever having the pleasure to be there.