Rua's Bar does an about face

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Here in the US, there is a new "law" or fashion I believe which state that if you look younger than 40 you have to be carded (asked for ID). All employees who sell alcoholic beverages and cigarretes must comply or else.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
If you go to Fenway Park in Boston MA....in the States to see the Red Sox play Baseball.......Doesnt matter if your 90.....or 50 years old ......They CARD EVERYONE.......Hey no one ever said this World made sense.............I know why they do it......Because of all the fake ID's .......But it does get a little ridiculous.............

Reactions: mike l

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
when we were in Georgia for the World Championships we went out to dine at a nice restaurant with an outside dining area (very rare over there), and when we ordered a pre-dinner cocktail Acira (not the dog) felt very honoured when asked for an id...

she thought she looked under 21... untill a lady in her eighties arrived, pushing one of these, how do you call it in English, carts to safeguard her balance, sat herself down with some difficulty, ordered a drink, and got asked for her id...

How stupid can some laws be, I wonder...:bunny::bunny:

she didn't file a divorce back in the day,
but after this explanation such may be in the works tonight, ha ha ha
hey,
I din't mean the Dog, lol
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
If you go to Fenway Park in Boston MA....in the States to see the Red Sox play Baseball.......Doesnt matter if your 90.....or 50 years old ......They CARD EVERYONE.......Hey no one ever said this World made sense.............I know why they do it......Because of all the fake ID's .......But it does get a little ridiculous.............

because of the Fake ID's???
heck,
even a ggood looking like myself will not need a Fake ID at the age of 90 to proof that he or she is 'really unfaked' over 21, wuuuhahahaha.
but I know whatya mean.
for me European it been anyways always a bit strange in the first Time over there in the USA with that Rule/Law and strict follow ups, to join the Army but not beeing allowed to order or drink responsibly a Beer seemed strange for Us because we are allowd to publically order and consume soft alcohol/Beer at the age of 16.
like on the opposite in the States the youngguns been allowed to drive Daddy's Car at the age of 16, which made us jellous by that Time, we had to wait til 18 to get the license.
Mike

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Here in the US, there is a new "law" or fashion I believe which state that if you look younger than 40 you have to be carded (asked for ID). All employees who sell alcoholic beverages and cigarretes must comply or else.

the lady pushing her cart could not have passed for 40... to be rude, if I had been the waiter I would have served her the cocktail and called the undertaker....whahahahaha

ooopsss.... she did arrive driving her own ladicad (dicalad, cadilac???)

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
the lady pushing her cart could not have passed for 40... to be rude, if I had been the waiter I would have served her the cocktail and called the undertaker....whahahahaha

ooopsss.... she did arrive driving her own ladicad (dicalad, cadilac???)

Alcohol is a great preservative.

Cadillac.

Reactions: mike l

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Hehehe.

Tomorrow I will take a picture of this law and post it here. I cannot find it in Google (damn Patron Tequila hehe).

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Here....Want my DNA

because of the Fake ID's???
heck,
even a ggood looking like myself will not need a Fake ID at the age of 90 to proof that he or she is 'really unfaked' over 21, wuuuhahahaha.
but I know whatya mean.
for me European it been anyways always a bit strange in the first Time over there in the USA with that Rule/Law and strict follow ups, to join the Army but not beeing allowed to order or drink responsibly a Beer seemed strange for Us because we are allowd to publically order and consume soft alcohol/Beer at the age of 16.
like on the opposite in the States the youngguns been allowed to drive Daddy's Car at the age of 16, which made us jellous by that Time, we had to wait til 18 to get the license.
Mike
Mike...... There is a HUGE problem with all the fake ID's here in the States........... Especially in a college town like Boston.......So they just make it real simple...........CARD EVERYONE......... Doesn't matter how you look................You have to have a State License.... or State ID card...or a Passport.......That's it......I've seen them turn away people that looked 50........With the person screaming.........You could look like RIP Van Winkle........Or the wicked Witch of the west.........and it won't matter.............lol............There are lots of liability issues......with all of the lawyers ready to pounce.......if something should happen by serving a minor..........They know you can't stop the problem totally.........It's more about covering their ass.............

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Mike...... There is a HUGE problem with all the fake ID's here in the States........... Especially in a college town like Boston.......So they just make it real simple...........CARD EVERYONE......... Doesn't matter how you look................You have to have a State License.... or State ID card...or a Passport.......That's it......I've seen them turn away people that looked 50........With the person screaming.........You could look like RIP Van Winkle........Or the wicked Witch of the west.........and it won't matter.............lol............There are lots of liability issues......with all of the lawyers ready to pounce.......if something should happen by serving a minor..........They know you can't stop the problem totally.........It's more about covering their ass.............

Exactly.......

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I suspect that we'd be welcomed with open arms Annie, with or without the red sequins.... the cedulas requirement is, I'll bet, an attempt to keep illegal Haitians out.

Not that many of them would have the cash or attire to go there..... so maybe I'm wrong.... I'm sure that must have happened at least once in my life :cheeky:

As my father used to say in his best Brooklyneze, "I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong..."

AE

yeah- I figured that but waited for someone else to say it!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
And that's one reason why insurance is cheaper here (even though the cost of a vehicle and the fuel is more expensive).

Liability Laws in the USA are out of healthy minds, right,
I would guess that insurances for anything related should cost a heck of money and insurance for everything is needed in case a neighbour wanna sue You, ha ha.
at least with so many lawsuits for anything against everybody Lawyers should be cheap at every corner like we have Shoeshiners at each corners.
Mike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The carding issue has become ridiculous. One of my cousins who lives in Indiana told me a couple of days ago that Indiana has a new carding law - for everyone. She [63] and her husband [66] went to the supermarket for bread, eggs, juice and a 6-pack of Miller's beer. Her husband gave his cc to the cashier and he was asked for ID. And then they asked his wife for ID too, because she was with him! How ridiculous is that? So, if you have a minor with you - your child or grandchild - you can't buy beer????

AE

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The carding issue has become ridiculous. One of my cousins who lives in Indiana told me a couple of days ago that Indiana has a new carding law - for everyone. She [63] and her husband [66] went to the supermarket for bread, eggs, juice and a 6-pack of Miller's beer. Her husband gave his cc to the cashier and he was asked for ID. And then they asked his wife for ID too, because she was with him! How ridiculous is that? So, if you have a minor with you - your child or grandchild - you can't buy beer????

AE

I completely agree,
such rules are made by clear stupids and make no sense in case of protecting minors from alcohol or tobacco or Drugs.
aaah, o.k., those Drugs they anyways wanna legalize, lol.
of course it is absolutely right to not sell such stuff to Minors, no doubt on that,
but that a person who acompany's you to a store/supermarket needs an ID, too?? sounds very paranoid to me.
Mike

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

AE

As was said earlier, they tell the employees to card everyone. much less training. I worked in a bar in Indiana. It may be ridiculous but as an employee or owner with the penalty's involved I would card Moses and all his kids and animals. This includes you coming to the bar on a gurney.

If you are serving a minor(false ID), the employee, the owner, the business entity, are all sued, also the liquor license is at risk. What does a bar without a license do? Its not worth it card them all!

That law is not new, has been followed since about 2000 in most bars. If they were not following it, they were at risk, as the Indiana bureau of alcohol does have inspectors that go around with kids using false IDs. And it is not considered entrapment. We had a book at the door that had every current ID issued in the US, all state licenses, and state ID's

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Fake IDs draw strict penalties - Features This is Massachusetts..............I don't know about the other States. It's mostly minors trying to buy booze.......It's an old story, but like the previous poster stated, An establishment could lose their license to sell alcohol.....or shut em down (times vary).........and of course....(God forbid)...........If that person should get behind the wheel.......and get into an accident......or worse........... hurt someone...........Then the floodgates would open........That's where the lawyers come in.....ETC..........Because they would trace it back to whoever was serving that person..........Then the nightmare begins........Happens more than you think........So It's just easier to card EVERYONE...........Alot of these places have come a long way determining real from fake ID'S.........It's not a perfect system........But they have made progress..............

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
if so many up there use such fake ID's,
what is the penalty for a Minor or adult who get's caught with a Fake ID?
Mike

And here is where it gets fun.

In the USA, each state has its own laws with regards to alcohol use, possession of a forged instrument (fake i.d.), and liability after selling/serving alcohol.

Ironically enough, illegal immigration plays a part here, as the laws on fake i.d.'s are getting stronger because they are the same laws that are used to charge aliens working with false documents.

Also, with so many chain stores and restaurants in the US, each business tries to adopt one policy that will meet the requirements for all states, so that, for example, employees of Walmart in California can easily transfer to Alabama.

Fortunately, in the DR, there is not such a disparity of laws. On the other hand, how those laws are enforced can be even more disparate:glasses:. Although the Dominican Constitution seems to prohibit many forms of discrimination (see post above), the law is only as good as its enforcement.

My suspicion is that any foreigner can enter Rua's Bar with a passport with a ten dollar or ten euro bill folded inside.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
There's an idea.....SPRING BREAK...... In Cabarete..... Sosua.......And dare I say............ Boca Chica.....LOL......(What an education they would get there).......Customer Service......Finance.....Foreign Language.......Marketing........Accounting.......Cultural Studies.......Fashion........Music......hahahaha.................I could go on and on.......You get the picture..................