Sad very sad

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NEVER,NEVER,get involved with a police officer named,"BASTARDO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
NEVER,NEVER,get involved with a police officer named,"BASTARDO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if he's related to the Phillies baseball player....? Every time I see him play I have the same thought: WHY didn't the family change their name????

AE

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
He Has No Family!!!!!

Remember,he is a "BASTARDo"!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SORRY!!!

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yeah, I'm sure the first person given that surname WAS illegitimate.

Same way southwestern Italy [Naples area] gave the name "Esposito" to all their foundlings. How awful is that? Everyone knows someone with that name, there were a lot of those babies back in the day. :ermm:

But Bastardo takes the cake, IMO, no doubting that meaning! :classic:

AE

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Police in the USA don't ever beat people!
Just here in the DR does that happen.

One STUPID POST ,deserves company!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Yeah, I'm sure the first person given that surname WAS illegitimate.

Same way southwestern Italy [Naples area] gave the name "Esposito" to all their foundlings. How awful is that? Everyone knows someone with that name, there were a lot of those babies back in the day. :ermm:

But Bastardo takes the cake, IMO, no doubting that meaning! :classic:

AE

Back in the dark ages when I was a newly-minted high school teacher I had a boy in my class whose last name was Crapo. Like the last name above, his was one which made everyone ask, "Why don't they change it"?

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Back in the dark ages when I was a newly-minted high school teacher I had a boy in my class whose last name was Crapo. Like the last name above, his was one which made everyone ask, "Why don't they change it"?

At my high school there was the Dick family ( that last name is bad enough ) that consisted of three brothers and you guessed it the middle brother was named Harry.......I'm serious, true story WTF were his parents thinking

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I'm Labor & Delivery, y'all can't top me when it comes to f*cked up names.
How do you pronounce THIS one....
La-sha

SHALENA

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
According to the West Australian newspaper:

PERTH - An SAS trooper collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped stop a suspected shoplifter in east Perth.

The 'Toys-R-Us' Store Manager told 'The West Australian' that a man was seen on surveillance cameras last Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran toward the door.

Outside were four SAS Troopers collecting toys for the "Toys For Tots" program.

Smith said the Troopers stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, in the back. The cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect was transported by ambulance to the Royal Perth Hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions and assorted lacerations including a broken nose and jaw...

Injuries he apparently sustained when he tripped whilst trying to run after the stabbing.

One of the Troopers said, "He was a clumsy bastard."

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What is the point of your post about an event in Australia?

Why is this web site still called DR1???

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
seeing as this has morphed into a thread about weird names:

....But my favourite example is a story told by the American linguist Charles Hockett, who reports that at least one Filipino father, during the American occupation of the Philippines, named his son Abab?s — after the patron saint of the United States. But no such saint exists. So what happened?

Well, before the Americans arrived, the Philippines were a Spanish colony, and Spanish was widely spoken. In Spanish, the word for ‘saint’, when it occurs in a male saint’s name, is San — hence all those California place names like San Francisco, San Jos? and San Diego. The Filipino father had noticed that American soldiers, in moments of stress, tended to call upon their saint by exclaiming San Abab?s! — or something like that.
– Robert Lawrence Trask, Language: The Basics, 1999

I've seen women called "Rasputina" and "Kotex" on FB.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A Blach Woman Actually Named Her Twin Daughter and Son,........................

"Syphilis", and "Herpes",seems she has a public health pamphlet about preventing "Sexually Transmitted Diseases!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I had a classmate named NAPOLEON (he was from south America). Being French, I thought it was crazy.

I guess it is cultural, the first time, I met someone named Jesus, I thought he was joking.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have another former student story. Her name was Babygee - because her mother never gave her a name and her birth certificate said Baby G ...........

Taught in a school in a poor area for thirty years - have lots of examples!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
It is sad and totally unnecessary.

Those cops wouldn't have had to lay a finger on me. I would have given them the names, telephone numbers, addresses, nicknames and all aliases and most probable current location of each and every one of the 'friends' who set me up like that.

I would've gone so far as to call these bums Mami's house to try to locate them, promising that I was in possession of their furniture and the misunderstanding with the police had been cleared up.

What could he possibly have been thinking?

Or maybe just don't hang out with furniture thieves?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I have another former student story. Her name was Babygee - because her mother never gave her a name and her birth certificate said Baby G ...........

Taught in a school in a poor area for thirty years - have lots of examples!

Calle Mercedes santo domingo colonial zone. Dr Manuel Labour. . . . . . ..no joke. . .