Senseless deaths

web

Nov 5, 2005
Where are all the God botherers when stories like this emerge. If there was an omnipotent bearded magician in sky who controls all this kind of stuff, why does he permit a kid to kill another kid for a piece of bread?

Come on bible bashers, please try and explain to me, a devout atheist, how this is God's will?

God gave us free will and some will use this free will for the purposes of evil. Now free will doesn't mean murder is legal, it means that it is possible. God tries to do things with as little physical influence as possible. Although he could, he is probably not going to come down and stop you from jumping off of a roof or grab the gun you have pointed at someone else's head. His plan for redemption and reconciliation is all based on choice, love and faith. He doesn't want to make us love him. It wouldn't mean as much. He wants us to choose to love him, making the devotion all the more meaningful. In the same manner, he gives us the choice to reject evil. Those who repent and seek his forgiveness will inherit the kingdom of heaven. He doesn't want to make you. He wants you to choose not to commit sin and evil (murder) so that it will please him. Even though we all are sinners, we have the choice to accept him as our savior and ask him for forgiveness thereby when we leave this earthly realm we will have eternal life in heaven. (Murderers can be forgiven as well and become "born again" and enter the kingdom of heaven.

Last edited:

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
All the deaths I see here are pretty much senseless its a different weird place.

Aug 6, 2006
Death itself is pretty much senseless, when you come down to it.
So far as I can tell, people being born and living for a varying and undisclosed number of years just so some of them end up singing for all eternity in the Choir Celestial seems to be a rather confusing scheme.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
God gave us free will and some will use this free will for the purposes of evil. Now free will doesn't mean murder is legal, it means that it is possible. God tries to do things with as little physical influence as possible. Although he could, he is probably not going to come down and stop you from jumping off of a roof or grab the gun you have pointed at someone else's head. His plan for redemption and reconciliation is all based on choice, love and faith. He doesn't want to make us love him. It wouldn't mean as much. He wants us to choose to love him, making the devotion all the more meaningful. In the same manner, he gives us the choice to reject evil. Those who repent and seek his forgiveness will inherit the kingdom of heaven. He doesn't want to make you. He wants you to choose not to commit sin and evil (murder) so that it will please him. Even though we all are sinners, we have the choice to accept him as our savior and ask him for forgiveness thereby when we leave this earthly realm we will have eternal life in heaven. (Murderers can be forgiven as well and become "born again" and enter the kingdom of heaven.

One question if god wants us to love him by choice and not make us love him then why is he sweetening the result with eternal life. Its like a bribe.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
To be believe in evolution is to believe a tornado can strike a junkyard and assemble a 747 in perfect working order.

Talk about a faith-based belief system.

Some of the Church of Evo comments here have all the depth of a Tom and Jerry cartoon plot line -- superficial, insular, self-absorbed and above all, laughable.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
TO LAY THE BLAME FOR CRIMES AT THE FEET OF "POVERTY" IS A COP OUT!!!!
If it were true, all poor people would be committing all the crime, they aren't!!

You are leaving out the new reason for all the senseless crimes here in the DR,..."DRUGS"!!!!

Both the use, therefore the need, and turf battles!

It starts at the highest political/military/ &police officials, down to the street dealers.
Who do you think just made it possible for Colombians to travel to the DR WITHOUT a visa????????
Why don't they just send ships from the DR navy to pick up the drugs in Colombia???

OR, ...DO THEY???????????????????????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Apr 7, 2014
TO LAY THE BLAME FOR CRIMES AT THE FEET OF "POVERTY" IS A COP OUT!!!!
If it were true, all poor people would be committing all the crime, they aren't!!

You are leaving out the new reason for all the senseless crimes here in the DR,..."DRUGS"!!!!

Both the use, therefore the need, and turf battles!

It starts at the highest political/military/ &police officials, down to the street dealers.
Who do you think just made it possible for Colombians to travel to the DR WITHOUT a visa????????
Why don't they just send ships from the DR navy to pick up the drugs in Colombia???

OR, ...DO THEY???????????????????????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Yea, poverty, poverty, poverty. Crabs in a barrel is a poverty mind-set. I bet those two idiots wouldnt have fought over a piece of dry ass Dominican wheat bread. Why? There is no premium or exclusivity for that bullsht bread. But stuffed crust breadsticks?
Edgar: "Wow! I aint ever had nothin' like that."
Raul: "Lets split them."
Edgar: "No nigga, fuc you, get your own."
Raul: "Come on man, let me get some of them?"
Edgar: "Nope, get out of here, eat these old ass crackers"
Raul: "You aint sht man, I could just take them"
Edgar: "Go ahead, you might die trying"

See? You know as a fact this is the nonsense that goes on in every large urban city in the US and there need be no drugs to accelerate the fury these people have.

Why would I get into a fatal fight with you over some cheap ass shower shoes? You re flip flops arent any better than mine. But hey those fancy flops arent as desirable as those Puma trainers I see the reggaeton dudes wear in those faggy music videos. Those shoes mean I am better than you, I am more important than you because someone "over there" is either sending them to me or sending me the "Weter You'us" to buy them here.

Bro, this is the same **** you see in NY, DC, Philly and Boston every winter where some anti-social shthead teenage kid tries to mug another good kid for his winter coat or his cellphone or his watch or his bookbag or his iPad or his sneakers and the second kid dies from that altercation. Just a few months ago, some kid in Albany robbed another kid on suburban Albany County for some Air Jordans he posted on Craigslist and got sentenced to 7 years in prison because there was a mention of a handgun. And some of these guys are stupid, some are poor, some are foolish and short-sighted but in the DR the sht hits the fan because there are so many poor folks with big eyes on the Good Life with no way to get it. Those iconic items they see on TV which dictate your self worth rule their minds.

How many women here do you know who HAVE TO HAVE a Louis Vuitton handbag but aint got $20US to put in it? How does that even work? I ve seen some of these handbags and they dont seem to be the Canal Street specials. Some of these bags appear to be real.

They watch TV and think those images are real. I know this. Some bonehead told me a couple of years ago in Pico Duarte that there are violent street gangs in Brooklyn because he saw it on TV. He said "he knew it for a fact because he had seen it in on TV."

BTW, those Ice Road Trucker Shows are staged.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
This is why it is risk laden, to be a law abiding expat living in a Dominican ghetto (or any ghetto)....One wrong move and you "disrespect" someone who only has "self respect" to his name......In the ghetto, respect is everything and the only thing.
When you are rich and successful, the equation is different........"Hey why did you kill that guy, he seemed like a nice guy"......He disrespected me.......

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
This is why it is risk laden, to be a law abiding expat living in a Dominican ghetto (or any ghetto)....One wrong move and you "disrespect" someone who only has "self respect" to his name......In the ghetto, respect is everything and the only thing.
When you are rich and successful, the equation is different........"Hey why did you kill that guy, he seemed like a nice guy"......He disrespected me.......
If I thought these idiots even understood what respect was I might agree, but I don't so I can't and so for me they just remain really really stupid people.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
This story that AlterEgo has posted is repeated in this country over and over many times every year .. As well as these type of emotional murders are also the wilful killings of others on the roads . It all comes down to living life on the edge and not having repect for human life . In more educated countries the actual final act of killing someone is normally balked at ,but here, it is almost the first option .
I have had three of my Dominican friends murdered for the most trivial things that could have been solved so easily after a nights sleep . Sorry to say that it is the place we live in .

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007
If there is no expectation of law, people rely on a reputation for not suffering any abuse or backing down. I think these stories are like mob attacks on thieves, a result of people feeling they can't rely much on police or courts to enforce order.

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007
Per capita Europeans commit more homicides than Dominicans, some of you need a reality check.

Not sure what data you are looking at. Googling it, intentional homicide rates per 100k in RD seem to be about 22 vs about 4.7 US or about 1.0 UK or France. Not the highest in the world but a LOT higher than Europe. 20X as high.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Not sure what data you are looking at. Googling it, intentional homicide rates per 100k in RD seem to be about 22 vs about 4.7 US or about 1.0 UK or France. Not the highest in the world but a LOT higher than Europe. 20X as high.

Dont let facts get in the way of Chip's quest.......a higher Being infused it in his brain......so his facts are the ONE and ONLY true facts.......

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Chip lives in a world that relies on lies, fantasy, brain washing and delusion to exist, so excuse his moroic outbursts like this, without BS he has nothing to live for.