Shooting in Zona Colonial

Status
Not open for further replies.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Where does it say he stole bread? It says "stole from a bakery", that can be money too, or?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
In the Middle East(some places) the punishment for stealing is the cutting of the thief's
right hand, but at least you're alive. In the DR they blow your frigging brains out.:dead:

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Running all the anti-Dominican Bigots off the island. I go there to get away from people like you.

Exactly, you're not living amongst it. You are telling me that Dominicans are not responsible for themselves now? I suppose that is the expats fault is it?
Us who come and invest, work and try to get along among all the murder, burglaries, corruption and less than adequate services. Are dominican not responsible for this? Then who the f--k is?
Nowhere is perfect and everywhere has the crime we have here, but I don't care about elsewhere, I care about here, where I live.
And so you come here to be around Do inicans who are not in the slightest bit racist, is that correct? Lol, give me a break!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
In the Middle East(some places) the punishment for stealing is the cutting of the thief's
right hand, but at least you're alive. In the DR they blow your frigging brains out.:dead:

Did we not cover this is an accident, but then again, we never know here. It is very brutal, for a lawless country the law can be very harsh.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Did we not cover this is an accident, but then again, we never know here. It is very brutal, for a lawless country the law can be very harsh.

Oh, I am aware of this, Smart. I'm Dominican and yes, I do know how it is in the DR.:)

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Police have batons as well as taser and gun in the us, this wouldn't happen as an accident there. The PN have no restraint training, no negotiating skills. They as stupid as they get here in the most authoritive positions, a law unto themselves. I just can't get my head around why an officer would draw his weapon in a pasty thief.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Police have batons as well as taser and gun in the us, this wouldn't happen as an accident there. The PN have no restraint training, no negotiating skills. They as stupid as they get here in the most authoritive positions, a law unto themselves. I just can't get my head around why an officer would draw his weapon in a pasty thief.
I've seen people pull out firearms over a couple of drunks starting an argument in the street, more than once.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Exactly, you're not living amongst it. You are telling me that Dominicans are not responsible for themselves now? I suppose that is the expats fault is it?
Us who come and invest, work and try to get along among all the murder, burglaries, corruption and less than adequate services. Are dominican not responsible for this? Then who the f--k is?
Nowhere is perfect and everywhere has the crime we have here, but I don't care about elsewhere, I care about here, where I live.
And so you come here to be around Do inicans who are not in the slightest bit racist, is that correct? Lol, give me a break!

i am missing something here. if the place is so brutish, why are you here, dealing with the misery?

last i checked, they did not move into your neighborhood.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Sometimes it?s easier for a police officer to get away with killing a criminal than to beat the hell out of him or just shoot him in the knee or something like that. Even more if the criminal has had a long crime record and the neighborhood is fed up with him. You are done with him and the case is closed. No need to go to court!! Some judges take human rights very seriously and when they are presented with a case in which the person has been treated disproportionately, e.g. the guy was stealing bread and ended up crippled, they might dismiss the case. Then the police says, why bother???

It?s like when you catch a burglar in your property, and leave him crippled. He?s going to make up all kinds of things about you, his family is going to demand you pay for medicine and in some case they might even take you to court. I know it sounds weird, but it does happen!

Sep 4, 2012
Did you seriously just write this. The only problem with the Dominican Republic is that it's full of Dominicans?

That was the Apex of ignorance, even for DR1.

You know what would make the Dominican Republic a "better place to live and go about business and enjoying life"?

Running all the anti-Dominican Bigots off the island. I go there to get away from people like you.

The sad portion of all, is that it was written by someone with a nick of "smart;" talk about an oxymoron.

Sep 4, 2012
lots of gringos are worried about police extortion. which is still, undoubtedly, better that a bullet to the head.

Worried?

I beg yor pardon, must are indeed happy that the culture of breaking the law and pay your way off of it exist. Be realistic!!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
i am missing something here. if the place is so brutish, why are you here, dealing with the misery?

last i checked, they did not move into your neighborhood.

I have obligations and responsibilities that outweigh the BS. It's not fantasy island for everyone here, or I dunno, maybe it is if people aren't getting out more. Quite possibly that is the solution, live in a bubble, but for some of us we have to interact, work and socialize with people we can't stand.
I find it odd that people refuse to blame the people for the state of things here.
Everyone complains about the trash on the streets while they continue to throw it out there.
People complain about the sad situation with electricity, while continuing to hack into it.
The same people who are employing illegals are the same people who bitch about them not leaving.
The government fighting a war on drugs that they themselves promote.
Poverty, while are the same people with no education and trying to get pregnant annually from the age of 14-15.
Etc etc etc.

If the people aren't responsible then who is?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
The sad portion of all, is that it was written by someone with a nick of "smart;" talk about an oxymoron.

Oh, so I should enjoy living among such people always looking for an angle to make off of me? No now that would be stupid would it not. Some of you are so sheltered from this country it amazes me that you actually live here, or maybe you don't and that is why the shutters are up.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have obligations and responsibilities that outweigh the BS. It's not fantasy island for everyone here, or I dunno, maybe it is if people aren't getting out more. Quite possibly that is the solution, live in a bubble, but for some of us we have to interact, work and socialize with people we can't stand.
I find it odd that people refuse to blame the people for the state of things here.
Everyone complains about the trash on the streets while they continue to throw it out there.
People complain about the sad situation with electricity, while continuing to hack into it.
The same people who are employing illegals are the same people who bitch about them not leaving.
The government fighting a war on drugs that they themselves promote.
Poverty, while are the same people with no education and trying to get pregnant annually from the age of 14-15.
Etc etc etc.

If the people aren't responsible then who is?

trust me on this one; we all see the crap. we see the crooked politicians, and lawyers, and judges. we see the laziness. we see the incompetence. we see the trash. we see everything that you do.

we just don't see what gives you the right to believe that these people should be expunged in order to provide a perfectly sanitary condition, molded in your image. hey, if it does not meet your expectations, nobody is holding you captive.

Status
Not open for further replies.