Shooting in Zona Colonial

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I beg yor pardon, must are indeed happy that the culture of breaking the law and pay your way off of it exist. Be realistic!!

ah, you see, there's the trick. you can break the law and get away with it. glorious. but so can everyone else. and that's when it stops being so funny.

Sep 4, 2012
Oh, so I should enjoy living among such people always looking for an angle to make off of me? No now that would be stupid would it not. Some of you are so sheltered from this country it amazes me that you actually live here, or maybe you don't and that is why the shutters are up.

What you must do is respect their way of life. If it doesn't fit yours, put up of get out!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
You aren't Dominican, certainly not your business to be the social Police in DR.

Oh, now not my business to like or dislike who I decide? Certainly not your business to undermine my preferences, decisions and life here. I'm in a place here where people now need to prove themselves to me that they are not weasels, the best and only measure of self preservation here, IMO.

Sep 4, 2012
ah, you see, there's the trick. you can break the law and get away with it. glorious. but so can everyone else. and that's when it stops being so funny.

Don't just quote what fit you, quote the entire thing in response to your original reply. Ah, convenience......

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
What you must do is respect their way of life. If it doesn't fit yours, put up of get out!

No I do not, I live my own life and do not need to lower myself to fit in better, because I demand a better more responsible way of life. So no, I don't respect stupid, wreckless, selfish, illogical people anywhere in the world.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Oh, now not my business to like or dislike who I decide? Certainly not your business to undermine my preferences, decisions and life here. I'm in a place here where people now need to prove themselves to me that they are not weasels, the best and only measure of self preservation here, IMO.

What magical place did you live in before where this wasn't the case?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Smart, just curious...

When you are deporting all Dominicans of their own island, will you include the 70% of expats who live here who are thiefs, crooks, wanted in their own country, etc...

As I said, just curious...

BelgianK

Sep 4, 2012
No I do not, I live my own life and do not need to lower myself to fit in better, because I demand a better more responsible way of life. So no, I don't respect stupid, wreckless, selfish, illogical people anywhere in the world.

So to fit your needs, you'll get rid of all of them from their own habitat. Pure genius!

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I genuinely like most of the Dominicans I meet. I speak reasonably good Spanish, I think that helps a lot. I just fail to understand how so many expats living here can have such bigoted racist views of Dominicans and fail to get the basics of how things work here. The police are paid almost nothing - less than RD$10,000 in most cases. How can you expect them not to be corrupt on such tiny salaries? There is very little education, and most people haven't been able to leave the country. So people have never been taught to do things, and they've never seen things done differently abroad.

I left my country because I didn't like it, and I stay here because I like it here, and because I like the people. I think myself lucky to live in a mainly Dominican area and have mainly Dominican friends. I cannot imagine how tedious life would be to live in an expat community and listen to all the redneck trailer trash attitudes that some of the people posting here seem to have.

Honestly, if it isn't good enough for you here, then go home.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
What magical place did you live in before where this wasn't the case?

It is my experience that in most walks of life you can often give people the benefit of the doubt, if you so wish. Here if you give someone the benefit of the doubt, you looked upon as easy and often somewhere down the line become a target.

Yes, as I have mentioned there are crooks all over the world, but I don't care about that, I live here.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Smart, just curious...

When you are deporting all Dominicans of their own island, will you include the 70% of expats who live here who are thiefs, crooks, wanted in their own country, etc...

BelgianK

don't forget to throw in the ones who are just plain obnoxious.....

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Smart, just curious...

BelgianK

If you believe 70% of expats here are themselves crooks then I suggest change your circle of friends.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
So to fit your needs, you'll get rid of all of them from their own habitat. Pure genius!

I said the place would be better without them as this place could have potential. This is not going to happen and so why take everything literally, obviously a chosen few should stay!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I said the place would be better without them as this place could have potential. This is not going to happen and so why take everything literally, obviously a chosen few should stay!

and would you be on the panel that gets to choose who goes, and who stays?

Sep 4, 2012

I got a chapter to read you. Have you heard of Nazi Germany, a man back there had the same ideas you are now promoting. Google what happened to him and to those that followed his thoughts. Should I give you his name?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Honestly, if it isn't good enough for you here, then go home.

For some of us it is home, there is no going anywhere, I get that many don't get this as so many have this opinion, obviously foot loose and fancy free to roam wherever you please with no responsibility, which is nice, but this country isn't a rite meant home as many choose to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.