Should I get into a serious relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Does anybody know what "being salty on" means?
I don't get it.
SmokingBaby.gif

Perhaps it means that you are "seasoned" to them!

:D

Rio

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I don't get it.

I have just written a friend in Merry Ole England who was a proof reader for the London Telegraph. He will get back with the "being salty on" meaning. I'm sure it's British in origin.
I admit that it does sound British to me too, but my mother is British and I never heard her use the expression.
I'm putting my money on a typo.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Salty -

In my neck of the woods salty means tough and a bit of a character- someone you don't want to fool around with- but Salty on ?
A solid, trustworthy person is "the salt of the earth." A sensible individual knows how to take exaggerated claims "with a grain of salt." One's placement at the table above the salt shaker once indicated high rank. Salty speech has power and impact and a salty character has vigor and vitality. Conscientious workers are said to be "worth their salt."

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
I don't get it.

I have just written a friend in Merry Ole England who was a proof reader for the London Telegraph. He will get back with the "being salty on" meaning. I'm sure it's British in origin.

My British friend replied with this meaning.

Yes, I have heard it somewhere long in the past. Not common slang. Maybe used in the armed forces or Down Under?

Means "horny" because if you are sexually aroused the taste of your saliva changes.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky I need to look in the photobucket site for those great photos you post.
Only the ones posted are there.
The other 10 million are here on my hard drive.
Intel-1.gif

I can't figure out where the heck they come from,
l_db9864fd22c907a1ba9144cb00fe3442.gif

but there seems to be an unlimited supply.

In the meantime, I'm told that if you click on the photo below, it will greatly improve the performance of your computer.
elvirusani_e0.gif

dtown_4life

Jan 3, 2008
I admit that it does sound British to me too, but my mother is British and I never heard her use the expression.
I'm putting my money on a typo.

Rocky,

I almost hit the floor when I saw someone use the term. I haven't heard it since I was in high school.

Salty is a popular 1990s US slang term

Definition : Salty on (verb)- To be upset with or show disdain toward (for the most part)

For example the OP would be salty on the guy who saids him pictures of his new novia in some compromising positions:devious:

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky,

Salty is a popular 1990s US slang term

Definition : Salty on (verb)- To be upset with or show disdain toward (for the most part)
That's quite different from Billy's interpretation of the expression.
Can you just imagine me telling someone I am upset with, that I am salty on them, and them thinking I'm horny for them.
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkk.
shebapuking3.gif

I really appreciate that you guys have made such efforts to help me understand the term.
I wish that the OP of that term, Mchum? (or something similar) would come back and tell us what he meant.
Then I could go to bed tonight, a little bit less stupid.
1643-2.gif

dtown_4life;658282For example the OP would be [B said:
salty on[/b] the guy who saids him pictures of his new novia in some compromising positions:devious:
Oh yeah.
That would get the guy upset, specially if it was with his best friend, or better yet, his brother, lol.
Whereas if the pix of his new novia were with another chica, he might love her even more.
dance12-2.gif
dancegirl.gif

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
why do you guys even waste time with putas? just screw them and forget about them. Why the games? you think these whores give a rat's ass about your silly games?
AZB

It's a shame they all can't be international studs like you huh AZB?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oh goodie this has been moved to mars/venus.

Since the OP hasn't been on since last week and is no longer participating in the thread, this has gone a little too salty so we'll close it up.

To the OP,
you've received some good advice in the beginning so go with eyes wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.