Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
All The Best M4 RCO

DR1 Member,s maybe a collection for ROCKY,s retirement
:bunny: i am sure he could make up A Pay Pal Account :laugh::classic:

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Wow.. I can't believe your leaving Rocky...I'm going to miss you and your pictures, your collections ... (will you post around Christmas for wrapping paper??????) your words of wisdom....

Enjoy the sun and the fun!!

2LF

Reactions: Rocky

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
Be well, Marco- the pleasure has been ours, and hopefully it will continue to be- without the keyboards, mice, monitors, processors and most (or least) of all VISTA!

Hope to catch up in person soon
Ron

Reactions: Rocky and Lapurr

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Hey, Marco. You are the only DR1 personality I ever met in person. I understand your need to pack it in--there are only so many times you can say/type the same thing.

Enjoy life.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
You lot can get sucked into this as much as you want but I have seen nothing from 'The Management' to support Rocky leaving so I won't believe it until I do!! :surprised

Either they have not seen the memo or know something none of us do - so I keep an open mind on the subject of Marco going into retirement!!:ermm:

Come on 'Boss', spill the beans - is it true or NOT??:paranoid: :cheeky:? ~ Grahame.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You lot can get sucked into this as much as you want but I have seen nothing from 'The Management' to support Rocky leaving so I won't believe it until I do!! :surprised

Either they have not seen the memo or know something none of us do - so I keep an open mind on the subject of Marco going into retirement!!:ermm:

Come on 'Boss', spill the beans - is it true or NOT??:paranoid: :cheeky:? ~ Grahame.

April has come and gone!!! (just in case of April Fool's Day)

I always say that with retirement there is going to be plenty of time to surf the net.

Rocky will get bored eventually.

DR1 will cure the boredom!!!!:glasses:

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
You are a gentleman and a scholar whose posts have been informative, or entertaining, or both. Good luck, I'm sure you'll continue to influence the world in a positive fashion without this website, but your contributions will still be missed.

Reactions: Rocky and FernieBee

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Management you say?

Wuts up wit dat? I, for one, was disheartened to hear of Marcos' "retirement". Since discovering this forum I found his posts a cornerstone and standard of information, caring, logic and wit. I hope Stevies' persistent onslaught of hole drivel had nothing to do with his decision and I hope to god it wasn't a case of forced exile based on economic considerations. My own feelings are that it is an end of an era and I raise my glass in a toast to a real soul. I am not entirely comfortable with this new sanitized version of what has been, until now, a rare forum free of political correctness. I have trouble abiding by hypersensitivity to critical discussion and fear that what is left is tourist brochures, flowerey platitudes and a pant load of attaboys. How absolutely boring and weak.

I've never met Marco. I hope to some day. He has impressed me as a very decent and real human being. Robert, where is your tongue? If it were Hillbilly ....? What say ye?

Sollie

A

apostropheman

Ferniebee...these parts too :D

Since discovering this forum I found his posts a cornerstone and standard of information, caring, logic and wit.

My own feelings are that it is an end of an era and I raise my glass in a toast to a real soul.

Sollie
Some people really do seem to have a good handle on our good friend! :bunny::bunny:

Reactions: FernieBee

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Wuts up wit dat? I, for one, was disheartened to hear of Marcos' "retirement". Since discovering this forum I found his posts a cornerstone and standard of information, caring, logic and wit. I hope Stevies' persistent onslaught of hole drivel had nothing to do with his decision and I hope to god it wasn't a case of forced exile based on economic considerations. My own feelings are that it is an end of an era and I raise my glass in a toast to a real soul. I am not entirely comfortable with this new sanitized version of what has been, until now, a rare forum free of political correctness. I have trouble abiding by hypersensitivity to critical discussion and fear that what is left is tourist brochures, flowerey platitudes and a pant load of attaboys. How absolutely boring and weak.

I've never met Marco. I hope to some day. He has impressed me as a very decent and real human being. Robert, where is your tongue? If it were Hillbilly ....? What say ye?

Sollie

Don't worry, it has nothing to do with "Stevie". Talking of which, I think Stevie has pretty much shown everyone on DR1 with his behavior or should I say obsession with Rocky's, that it's fast approaching a mental health issue. It's sad, I sincerely hope he seeks professional help for the sake of his family.

Marco is above all of that BS and that's reflected in his posts, his willingness to help people, his generosity etc, he's on a very different level.

Marco wants a break to work on his business and enjoy life and I think that's great and I encourage him to do so. At the end of the day, this is just a message board and life has a lot more to offer than posting and reading DR1.

For me Marco hasn't gone, I always see him when I'm in Sosua :)

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
There you go Robert, show the love, etc. Marco has been an integral part of your fast approaching empire and you relegate his contributions to "etc". WOW. Quite the epitaph. A simple "thank you for your time, energy and dedication" to my cause would have earned you a positive ( as opposed to negative) reputation point. You da Patron. What class! Estamos pinches loco. : )

Sollie

Mar 2, 2008
If it weren't for Rocky, ....

Just think about all the people who have been drawn to DR1, and the DR, through Rocky's marvelous way of introducing the many facets of Dominican life. Think also of the countless personal relationships that have been facilitated by Rocky's inherent and indefinable ability to make lasting connections with others.

On a personal note, Rocky was my first friend in the DR, and he made possible the forging of a network of people who are now a central and vital part of my life. Not many people have that kind of impact on others.

The world as we know it will not end with Rocky's retirement from DR1, but it will be greatly diminished.

Reactions: Rocky and FernieBee
S

sokitoumi

dont worry - im still here though lol- Rocky will be mortified to hear that a few people have asked whether I was actually him.......see you on monday

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Your claim to fame Sokitoome

dont worry - im still here though lol- Rocky will be mortified to hear that a few people have asked whether I was actually him.......see you on monday

Keep trying. Your one liners are precious, I declare. Kisses and hugs and all that.

Sollie

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Rocky,

DBA as, Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic

Is a great starting point for those who enter these shark infested waters.

At the end of the day we all try to steer our ship through the stormy seas of adversity, overcome the reefs of rejection so that we can enter into safe harbor and drop anchor in the bay of tranquillity.

P Chop and spare rib !

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
There you go Robert, show the love, etc. Marco has been an integral part of your fast approaching empire and you relegate his contributions to "etc". WOW. Quite the epitaph. A simple "thank you for your time, energy and dedication" to my cause would have earned you a positive ( as opposed to negative) reputation point. You da Patron. What class! Estamos pinches loco. : )

Sollie

But then that wouldn't be me and I would have disappointed myself.

I'll make sure to throw him a rib bone when I'm next in Rocky's......