Slipping out the back door.

yelkcub

Dec 11, 2007
www.buckrobin.com
My first contact with Rocky came about last December when I came across this forum looking for information concerning my first visit to DR. It was at that time I learned of his annual gift donations for the children and I made arrangements to drop off some gifts during my visit to Cabarete over the Christmas holidays. It was during this visit to Rocky's Bar and meeting Marco that I made the decision to "get involved" and on returning to Canada I contacted Children's International. I now sponsor 2 boys from Santiago and I was fortunate to be able to meet them and their families on my return visit in June. At that time I also managed to once again see Marco during a visit to Rocky's to try his famous ribs.

Over the past year I have enjoyed reading his posts to this forum which have been informative and laced with humor. I will be returning to the DR to visit my sponsored kids in December and I will also make certain that a visit to Rocky's is on my list of "must things to do."

I wish him all the best.

Robin

Reactions: Rocky and FernieBee

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
My first contact with Rocky came about last December when I came across this forum looking for information concerning my first visit to DR. It was at that time I learned of his annual gift donations for the children and I made arrangements to drop off some gifts during my visit to Cabarete over the Christmas holidays. It was during this visit to Rocky's Bar and meeting Marco that I made the decision to "get involved" and on returning to Canada I contacted Children's International. I now sponsor 2 boys from Santiago and I was fortunate to be able to meet them and their families on my return visit in June.

Thank you for your post, yelkcub. A very nice & fitting tribute to someone who has inspired so many others to undertake helpful activities. That is all any of us could ask for, that others get involved when the need level in this country is so great. I wonder how many others were similarly inspired through their contact with Rocky?

Don't be shy - tell us. :cheeky:

Reactions: FernieBee

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
sigh*

Rocky's awesome!! i miss you already !!!
I recently bought my daughter a used truck for her graduation!! nothing fancy, but a nice little ride!! she loves it!!

Rocky did a car max or car fax? some sort of report that tells me how many owners, any problems or accidents ? repairs? roll overs, like a full 10 page report on the vechicle!!

Thanks Rocky!! You are really great!!
Just a nice man that will help out in anyway he can!! Can't wait to meet him!! i wonder if he will let me drive his car?:ermm: haha zoom zoom

Reactions: Rocky and FernieBee

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I will add my two pesos - Rocky - often you were actually a voice of reason amidst the madness. I will miss you online but will see you soon for ribs!!!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Marco,my friend, it doesn't need to be "all or Nuthin'" Take a rest. Get some stuff done. Recalibrate your focus'. Ease back in when you're ready. You have too many friends out here that count on you to bail out for good. See you in a couple weeks. I'm planning on sucking down a lot of Presidente and chowing down a lot of garlic chicken at Rocky's. Just make sure you're stocked up on both.

Reactions: Rocky

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Please say it isn't true?

If so, good luck my friend!!!!;)
Yup yup, it's true and thank you.
It couldn't have been so super fantastic, without you all.
dance1-3.gif

Don't worry, it has nothing to do with "Stevie". Talking of which, I think Stevie has pretty much shown everyone on DR1 with his behavior or should I say obsession with Rocky's, that it's fast approaching a mental health issue. It's sad, I sincerely hope he seeks professional help for the sake of his family.
100% correctomundo, on all counts.
In fact, leaving stevie behind is my one regret, but he still emails me.

icim3r-4.gif

Rocky, are you still going to host a DR1 Thanksgiving get together??

Sure... Why not...
I'll contact Robert and see if he's up to it.
It's a long time tradition and it's always the best DR1 party of the year.

Rocky will get bored eventually.
You're probably right.
Another 10 or 20 years of this, and.....

(click on image to play clip)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LuvtheDR

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

(click on image to play clip)

Watching that clip I was going to enquire if there was a little crosswind on takeoff :cheeky: but then I realised it was Steve huffing & puffing to try to blow your house down :laugh:. And if anyone doesn't remember the story of the three little pigs and what happened to the big bad wolf, read this
English Fairy Tales: The Story of the Three Little Pigs

Not sure if you'd call that an allegory or a metaphor? ;)

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
So Steve said he won. Does that mean he's back on DR1 for more than a few seconds at a time? All his socks do tend to fit his multiple personality disorders, all of which are bad. Were he not such a pitiful soul, would he be a fun guy? Probably not.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
:ermm: LAPURR NO
http://www.dr1.com/forums/430099-post23.html No paint brush required

thanks DJ...I'll take that as a NO...boy i have missed you too where have you been!:ermm:

I dont wanna borrow the car!! just drive it;)

Oh and i'm gonna have nightmares of that sock!! I read a post the other day and someone mentioned "Jaba the Hut" well guess who was doin' him in her sleep last night!! ?

It was HORIIBLE!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Rocky is alive and watching....to quote myself

Greasy Spoon Extrodanair....

Nothing really,

I eat at your place all of the time and have nothing but good things to say about your establishment.

What exactley have I done in this town ,whereby everyone such as blue lodge and "SUE", deem me El Diablo.

Greasy spoon is not a bad thing ...

I am from Morrisburg Ontario with a Population of 2k and saying we are going to the greasy spoon is like going to the local diner...which is good .

I will correct this......Can't please all of the people all of the time.

Reactions: Rocky

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
What exactley have I done in this town ,whereby everyone such as blue lodge and "SUE", deem me El Diablo.

Hmmm....uh, what? :ermm:

May I make a suggestion? After a few beverages....step AWAY from the Keyboard! :bunny: