Hope you enjoy your "retirement".
See you as soon as I'm there.
Sieg

Reactions: Rocky

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Don't be a stranger

Rocky,

Just because you have retired from being the superb help you always were to everyone seeking advice on DR1 doesn't mean that you can stop posting pictures of all those great adventure trips you take. After all, one of your reasons for retiring was so you could spend more time travelling around this great Country.

So how about it, any exciting trips lately and photos to share?

Reactions: Rocky

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky,

Just because you have retired from being the superb help you always were to everyone seeking advice on DR1 doesn't mean that you can stop posting pictures of all those great adventure trips you take. After all, one of your reasons for retiring was so you could spend more time travelling around this great Country.

So how about it, any exciting trips lately and photos to share?
Working on it, as we speak...
ScreenShot005-11.jpg

Reactions: Bronxboy

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Boy, I sure wish I could retire and fly around the countryside whenever I felt like it.

Great pics Rocky thanks, keep them coming and happy travels.

Reactions: Bronxboy

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Rocky's Retirement Adventures

I take great pleasure in viewing your recent aerial adventures (have watched them over and over trying to discern geographical locations and points which I can identify.) The Dominican Republic is truly a beautiful country. Thank you for sharing your latest lofty retirement experience. (The expression, "green with envy" comes to mind, but so befitting the country and scenery.) But Rocky could you come out of retirement (or have a friend lend a hand) and share with others how other interested viewers might go about replicating your experience... contacts, cost, etc. Have used the local helicopter service in Puerto Plata for one such trial run along the coast... but the cost for a 30 min. viewing gets pretty hefty. What next? Skydiving? Whatever... we await your next preview!

Reactions: Rocky and FernieBee

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I take great pleasure in viewing your recent aerial adventures (have watched them over and over trying to discern geographical locations and points which I can identify.) The Dominican Republic is truly a beautiful country. Thank you for sharing your latest lofty retirement experience. (The expression, "green with envy" comes to mind, but so befitting the country and scenery.) But Rocky could you come out of retirement (or have a friend lend a hand) and share with others how other interested viewers might go about replicating your experience... contacts, cost, etc. Have used the local helicopter service in Puerto Plata for one such trial run along the coast... but the cost for a 30 min. viewing gets pretty hefty. What next? Skydiving? Whatever... we await your next preview!
Skydiving is exactly what they are trying to talk me into, but I doubt that I'll be taking pictures as I'll need both hands to hold onto my Pampers.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/66534-so-youre-bored-sosua.html This link has a variety of inexpensive activities.

I don't know how much airplanes and helicopters cost to rent, but I'm sure they ain't cheap.

If you're retarded/retired and always available and have friends with airplanes, and you never die when you crash, then you get to bring home some kool pix.

Reactions: FernieBee
Mar 2, 2008
RHM,
Very funny stuff, I'm tempted to add to the list, but, hey, I'm not a full-blown masocist yet, although I've enjoyed some of the hits I've been taking lately. Then again, most hit like little girls anyway.

"Hey, as a last favor, could you take Nals with you???"

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
RHM,
Very funny stuff, I'm tempted to add to the list, but, hey, I'm not a full-blown masocist yet, although I've enjoyed some of the hits I've been taking lately. Then again, most hit like little girls anyway.

"Hey, as a last favor, could you take Nals with you???"

You take it on the chin and that's the only way to do it. There is absolutely nothing worse than the message board "tears" that so many whiners spray all over their monitors.

Actually, there is one thing that's worse - sappy and pathetic PMs (or emails) from whiners who take things (and themselves) way too seriously.

RHM

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
The place has had some good reviews and is a low budget hotel.

Aparthotel Condo-Parque & Venus Bar - Dominican Republic (DR1)

The Venus Bar is the main attraction downstairs. Here's the spiel from their website:

"Our Venus Bar

Enjoy a Cuba Libre or a Presidente in our Bar or in our old style Spanish patio. Meet interesting people from all over the world or check your email and surf the web in a relaxed atmosphere.

At our Bistro & Bar our friendly staff also offers Snacks. We offer a variety of homemade Beef Burgers, Sausages, Sandwiches and various grilled dishes."

RHM

Mar 2, 2008
Lambada,
That would be funny if were not true.

However, Marco is actually running for president, and he has hired me as his campaign manager, by the way.

He would appreciate all the support he can get. It's going to be a long slog, as they say, but we're in it 'til the end, and we are committed to winning.

If anyone is interested in contributing to Marco's campaign, please just send small cash donations to me.

The address is:

"I love Rocky's"
C/O Banco Clarro Nadi
12 Sosua Place
Sosua, Puerta Plata, DR

Every little bit helps.