Some Uber Driver tryed to rip off american Tourists at the Airport

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Zona Colonial to Boca Chica with Uber is 800 pesos. Never had a problem with the driver asking for more. I think the airport problem is the taxi union bullying Uber to charge more.

I have run a tourist business in ZC for many many years and I can assure you that there are very few Uber drivers who will go to Boca Chica happily for 800 pesos. I have seen tens if not hundreds of tourists being refused by Uber drivers when they put in destinations out of town.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I have run a tourist business in ZC for many many years and I can assure you that there are very few Uber drivers who will go to Boca Chica happily for 800 pesos. I have seen tens if not hundreds of tourists being refused by Uber drivers when they put in destinations out of town.
Perhaps, but it has never happened to me or anybody that I know. If they accept the run, they have to do it for the agreed price.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Perhaps, but it has never happened to me or anybody that I know. If they accept the run, they have to do it for the agreed price.

Right just like all Dominicans follow rules for everything else. They turn up see you're going to the airport say Now Way and cancel. You book another. Rinse and repeat until you miss your flight.

I just don't get why people try to nickel and dime 10 dollars out of a guy who is already scratching a living. Nobody would drive an Uber in SD unless they were on the breadline

Reactions: NanSanPedro and Big

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
Could you explain how they tried to scam you out of the 3000 pesos in such a way your bank was involved? I've only ever paid cash, never added a credit/debit card or "Uber cash". Your experience and explanation could be helpful for others.
During several trips to SDQ during Nov/Dec, some drivers didn't report my trips as paid for me (cash and debit)
I wasn't aware until 3 days later that the trips were automatically charged to my debit card.

I fought with Uber and the bank for days until the bank was the one who told me that during December, loads of scams thanks to chiperos (aka credit/debit stealers) were also passing by as Uber drivers.

Gladly I received a credit from the bank, but I stopped used Uber since then in the DR, due to security issues.

Reactions: NanSanPedro