Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So long as they don't cut down all the trees,
I'm ok with the...
1665862040199.png

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
There is a office that provides VA Services right on Pedro Cilantro across from Kings (Rumbas). I am told by veterans that I have met that the VA healthcare system in the Dominican Republic is excellent. Even better than the care they receive in their country of origin.

Forgive me if this considered off topic. But it actually could be considered part of the renovations. Given the assertions that the north coast is focused on expat living.
That's great for American vets. I have absolutely no problem with that. But what about the rest of us expats who are living here on the north coast?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
That's great for American vets. I have absolutely no problem with that. But what about the rest of us expats who are living here on the north coast?
I got nothing for ya on that.

But I am in agreement that construction of an advanced medical care facility should be under consideration given the growth of housing for individuals who may not be completely comfortable with the public health care system of the 🇩🇴 .

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've been told this office is barely more than a front office and a small examination room. Can anybody confirm that?

Do I want to be taken there if I'm having an acute medical emergency?

Reactions: Big

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Sosua Beach is a pubic resource.
I am incorrect ❓
Public resources means any property or asset owned by the state or any local agency, including, but not limited to, land, buildings, facilities, funds, equipment, supplies, telephones, computers, vehicles, travel, and state- compensated time.

Yes. Any property beyond the 60 meter set back which is privately owned is not a public resource. It would have to be government owned which the new sites on which the plazas will be built are. Those sites are a public resource.

Reactions: windeguy

Big

Apr 24, 2019
There is a office that provides VA Services right on Pedro Cilantro across from Kings (Rumbas). I am told by veterans that I have met that the VA healthcare system in the Dominican Republic is excellent. Even better than the care they receive in their country of origin.

Forgive me if this considered off topic. But it actually could be considered part of the renovations. Given the assertions that the north coast is focused on expat living.
VA services in Sosua. LOL!!

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I've been told this office is barely more than a front office and a small examination room. Can anybody confirm that?

Do I want to be taken there if I'm having an acute medical emergency?
No you do not.
It is a facility to arrange for further care.
Not a medical care facility in and of itself for medical emergencies.
That is my understanding.
There are two companies operating under contract here in the Dominican Republic to provide VA services.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Public resources means any property or asset owned by the state or any local agency, including, but not limited to, land, buildings, facilities, funds, equipment, supplies, telephones, computers, vehicles, travel, and state- compensated time.

Yes.
That means the portion of Sosua Beach that fits within the definition that you have previously given is indeed a public resource.
Thank you for the clarification.
That means that posts have been made in the last 18 pages are about a private development project unrelated to Sosua Beach because it is being built on private land?
We we know that is not true, because the land has been given to the government.
Somebody is trying very hard to prove something that they cannot.
Because if the land that is being improved by the government is owned by the government it too is a a public resource.
✅♟️

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The bars and restaurants will be removed by the government, not private enterprise. The government is holding the meetings and advertising the coming changes. This is government driving a private project.
In any type of legal eviction anywhere it is always some government agency that is involved, usually the police. All these meetings involve the vendors union and the plazas which are owned by the government.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
In any type of legal eviction anywhere it is always some government agency that is involved, usually the police. All these meetings involve the vendors union and the plazas which are owned by the government.
And by the definition provided in post #346
The bars and restaurants will be removed by the government, not private enterprise. The government is holding the meetings and advertising the coming changes. This is government driving a private project.
You are indeed correct my man ‼️
✅♟️

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That means the portion of Sosua Beach that fits within the definition that you have previously given is indeed a public resource.
Thank you for the clarification.
Like I stated in post #339 and has been said a million times before, land from the mean high tide line back 60 meters is PUBLIC LAND. I didn't know at this point it needed any further clarification.
That means that posts have been made in the last 18 pages are about a private development project unrelated to Sosua Beach because it is being built on private land?
We we know that is not true, because the land has been given to the government.
I'm not sure which posts or project you're talking about here, but the only land donated to the government are parcels at either end of the beach where the plazas will be built. The condo project will be built on private land.
Somebody is trying very hard to prove something that they cannot.
Because if the land that is being improved by the government is owned by the government it too is a a public resource.
I'm not trying to prove anything, and I clearly stated in post #346 that the plaza parcels would be considered a public resource since the government now owns them.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The condo project will be built on private land.
That means the condo project is irrelevant to the discussion as it is a private development project.
Title of the thread is Sosua Beach Renovations.
Sosua Beach is a public resource.
Uhm, perhaps.

But if you meant Public, then you are correct. :)
Thank you for pointing out my spelling error and for making it clear that you knew (and I suspect others did too) what I meant when I said Sosua Beach is a public resource.

At this point I am having trouble why people continue to need to prove themselves to me.
As they have not pointed anything out that I have said that is factually incorrect.
They may disagree with my opinions.
They will have to get over it.

I have made my point clear.
The renovations of Sosua Beach should be made with the idea of improving things for the general public.
Not for an exclusive group of private individuals.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If the government is the one that initiated this action and no condos are built, i'll agree with you.
The government has its resources, the 60 meter beach area and the land where the plazas will be built, and the land owners have their behind that and are free to do what they want on theirs within the laws.

I expect condos to be built.

It remains to be seen how much the public will like the new plazas. What anyone's opinions are at this point won't change what gets done.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
This is government driving a private project.
You are batting 1000% and just crushing the opposition.
I expect condos to be built.
And my guess is they will be marketed with claims of "exclusive" beach access after the new Sosua Beach Renovations.

@ramesses take your time on your home run trot.
I'll meet you at the plate for a high five.

Reactions: ramesses

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is NOTHING NEW to the government driving the plans to the renovation of Sosua Beach.
There have been plans for decades from the government to renew the beach. People are finally realizing this now?