Sosúa Beach Renovations

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There is an issue with uploading photos directly to the website. While I was a moderator I didn't hd this problem, but afterwards there is no way to upload photos. Pressing the photo icon simply leads to asking for a web address, while before it would simply open my photo file in my iPad or laptop to pick the one to be uploaded. Now have to use a third party to upload photos and then post them here.

That could be the issue habi is facing, though it's rather easy to get around that. It's a few extra steps which could be annoying.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
There is an issue with uploading photos directly to the website. While I was a moderator I didn't hd this problem, but afterwards there is no way to upload photos. Pressing the photo icon simply leads to asking for a web address, while before it would simply open my photo file in my iPad or laptop to pick the one to be uploaded. Now have to use a third party to upload photos and then post them here.

That could be the issue habi is facing, though it's rather easy to get around that. It's a few extra steps which could be annoying.
That´s been my problem all along. It requires a 3rd party website like Flickr and won´t permit using google drive or onedrive. Just not a good system.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I checked your account settings, and I don’t see any reason that you can’t post photos. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Most of the members cannot directly upload images. I have to use post images. My guess is something with permissions and then software failures. It could also have been something when the original account were migrated to the new platform.

• Wow
Reactions: habi and CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Most of the members cannot directly upload images. I have to use post images. My guess is something with permissions and then software failures. It could also have been something when the original account were migrated to the new platform.
It's odd. I can go to an image any where, be it on my PC or on a web page, and I can right click/copy then come here and do the "press enter" key and it posts.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

I don't have any issues with it and no annoying extra steps either. Although there are other easy ways to do it w/o any third party programs, I just go to the image on my computer, right click and select copy, the right click and select paste in the "post reply" box. I do the same with any image on the internet or in one of my emails. It just doesn't get any easier unless you can figure out a way we can telepathically send fotos(?).

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I don't have any issues with it and no annoying extra steps either. Although there are other easy ways to do it w/o any third party programs, I just go to the image on my computer, right click and select copy, the right click and select paste in the "post reply" box. I do the same with any image on the internet or in one of my emails. It just doesn't get any easier unless you can figure out a way we can telepathically send fotos(?).
I just did that and it doesn't work. The cursor just blinks at me but pastes nothing.

• Wow
Reactions: habi and cavok

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
What type of OS are you using? So, you can copy but not paste? Did you open the foto before trying to copy? Where was the foto?
I'm using Windows, I think v11. I went to File Explorer and right clicked on a png file. It copied fine. I just pasted it into Word and it worked. Still a blank blinking cursor on DR1

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I also heard from a very reliable source yet still second hand that "owners"of the shacks on the beach have been offered 150,000 pesos to get lost. Makes no sense to me but I heard it from one of the "owners" and he is a stand up guy.
If it true now might be a good time for someone to let these folks know that quitting while you are ahead is not the same as quitting.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've always snip and paste. Seems to work without issue.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I also heard from a very reliable source yet still second hand that "owners"of the shacks on the beach have been offered 150,000 pesos to get lost. Makes no sense to me but I heard it from one of the "owners" and he is a stand up guy.
Just catching up on this thread. I am amazed that we are still talking about the beach shanties. I thought they were bulldozed over a while back. At least we can keep the thread alive.

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018

Exact same issue I have, now don't even try to post pics

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I'm using Windows, I think v11. I went to File Explorer and right clicked on a png file. It copied fine. I just pasted it into Word and it worked. Still a blank blinking cursor on DR1

I just think the right-click on a png file might not work, the photo needs to be opened somewhere, and can be seen, then copy, open that png file and then try to copy/paste ... ( if photo also open on a website or in emails etc., it might work...! ).