Sosúa Beach Renovations

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just drove past Charamicos today and you can see that a lot of construction has been done on the plaza. On the east end, there are now metal barriers so you can't see what's going on, but that's an indication of work being done on the east side plaza, also.

Reactions: rover and bachata

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Not that it has anything to do with beach renovations, but there are a lot fewer these days.
Beach renovation has nothing to do with the decrease in lady traffic. They are trying to maximize earnings elsewhere. We used to get a crowd in Sosua that came for a good time. Now too many are coming seeking rock bottom prices.

Reactions: CristoRey

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Beach renovation has nothing to do with the decrease in lady traffic. They are trying to maximize earnings elsewhere. We used to get a crowd in Sosua that came for a good time. Now too many are coming seeking rock bottom prices.
Most of those ladies comes from other cities like Santiago, Puerto Plata, Mao etc...
I noticed last time I was there five girls arriving in the evening next to my place in a SUV, I asked the security guy about and he told me they come almost everyday to work... To Work 😂

JJ

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The big, ugly scar in the hillside across from the beach plaza shows no sign of any new work having been done and is still as ugly as ever. It must be planned to be used as a parking lot when the plaza is finished(?).

Reactions: rover

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Most of those ladies comes from other cities like Santiago, Puerto Plata, Mao etc...
I noticed last time I was there five girls arriving in the evening next to my place in a SUV, I asked the security guy about and he told me they come almost everyday to work... To Work 😂

JJ
They must all have ivy league diplomas in prostitution

Reactions: bachata and rover

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
we have a ugly scar in Bavaro it's called Kathmandu

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
They must all have ivy league diplomas in prostitution
I heard they are from Santiago, five girls carpooling going back home every night after work is better than paying $600. Pesos each to spend the night in that Pension on Calle Ayuntamiento.

JJ

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You can bet they'd love that new highway from Santiago to PP.
It took them over a decade to fully pave the mountain road exiting Santiago thru Gurabo. I would to see how long this pipe dream aka "the amber highway" would take to complete.

Reactions: rover

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

JJ
yes working in Sosua is better than working in Haiti.....where they came from:cool::cool::cool::cool:

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I doubt the cost will be $400 million US Dollars, the shop where I work cost $40. Millions in 2011.

JJ

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Note that Bill gets his information from public sources. Here is where he got the information for this new highway.

https://dgapp.gob.do/banco-de-proyectos/proyecto/autopista-del-ambar/

Government employees put a TON of time and effort into the development and design of every project the govt. undertakes.

By the way, do you want to see other projects already in the works? Wonder what takes so long?

Here is their page in English:

Last edited: