Sos?a in the News

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Rocky said:
Well, I don't know any of the players, so I can't comment, but I do hope that nobody is unjustly accused.
I know one of the guys. A friend called him on his cel phone last night. He is being held in Puerto Plata. (Cel phone, TV etc.) Hoping to be released today. Say's it's a mistake in identity. Won't name him but I've known him for years and he does not appear a killer to me.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Eddy,

If you are talking about the guy with the pony tail, I agree.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Marco Mahmoudieh is a fine upstanding member of the Sosua / Cabarete community and (I believe) the President of the International Residents Club. Hardly a trained assasin or, indeed likely to know one. I guess the police will need to look a little further than the first gringo that happened to walk past their station. Anyhow, he's probably out by now and if not, then I'm sure he will be soon. This is the down-side of the legal system here - they tend to pick up anyone at the drop of a hat, probably me next - OR YOU!!! For newbies or people who read this and get worried, remember that eventually, the truth seems to come out, the guilty get found out and we move on to the next scandal or bit of gossip. - The point is, as previously mentioned on another thread, if you don't go looking for trouble it rarely comes looking for you.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Lock'em al up, things will somehow, eventually be sorted out...

It is one of the downsides of the DR that in the absence of a red-handed culprit, authorities will immediately round up even those persons remotely associated with the victim and/or crime situation.

-

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Which is exactly what happened at first in Juan Dolio....

Isn't it interesting that recent crimes involving guns have all been 9mm?

Now who in the country carries 9mm weapons???

Of course we now know that in the Juan Dolio murder, one suspect has been killed and two women (at first thought one woman and one man) are at present in custody. Were they the perpetrators?? Time will tell (maybe)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There are probably over 500,000 9MM guns in the D.R. This is a conservative estimate.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
MommC said:
Isn't it interesting that recent crimes involving guns have all been 9mm?

Now who in the country carries 9mm weapons???

Of course we now know that in the Juan Dolio murder, one suspect has been killed and two women (at first thought one woman and one man) are at present in custody. Were they the perpetrators?? Time will tell (maybe)
I guess that you have no idea what a 9mm looks like. 9mms are the most common handgun seen.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
BTW Maybe you would like to enlighten me as to what a 9mm looks like???? or would that be too much to ask????

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
MommC said:
BTW Maybe you would like to enlighten me as to what a 9mm looks like???? or would that be too much to ask????

Try googling (under images) for "9mm pistol"...

-

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I'm in the market for one of these.....

wgwylh.jpg

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Aw m,frog......ya spoiled the fun!!
The point I was trying to make to HOWMAR was that a 9mm is a 'caliber' size and NOT a specific weapon.
Most likely weapon used was a 9mm PISTOL most likely similar to the Glock that SKY carries.......
Sheesh.....I ain't a gal from the back woods of Canada, married to an Italian for nuthin' y'know!!!
I can handle a 20 gauge shotgun, a 22 guage shotgun, a 303 and 306. Even know how to fire a starters pistol! Even had me one of them itty bitty garter holsters once upon a time. Too bad it was illegal to have the derringer that went in it!!:) Jejejeje!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I doubt you could hit a bottle of Chianti ten feet away, not even with the 20 gauge...