Sos?a in the News

Sep 19, 2005
truth be known the glock is way to exspensive for the average guy to own in the DR. I bet cheap autos and revolvers are way more popular. Now all the guys with cash and means will have the glocks and sigs, and berretas.

A sig sauer 229 pistol new in santiago cost 90,000 pesos!!!!!!!!

mommc....your mixing your numbers a little ha ha ha

the 22 is not a shotgun round..it is a metalic cartridge! and it is a caliber and not a guage. and you left out a 0 on the 30-06.

so you had the garter holster...you should have just put the starter pistol in it!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

you know how many people shot their own hand with a derringer!! ha ha ha

miguels sweetheart is holding an AK-47 or variant thereof......

bob

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Don't make me an offer I couldn't refuse.....

Mirador said:
I doubt you could hit a bottle of Chianti ten feet away, not even with the 20 gauge...

You might be surprised what a tough ole bird like me can do..........I was born and raised where spring and fall bear hunts were the norm and deer and moose season meant some good eats on the table.

I can skin a rabbit, or a goat, pluck a chicken, singe a hog and our lamb bar-b-ques are famous up in this neck of the woods. I can even set traps for beaver, bear or muskrats! Ordinary rats too.......

I know a weasel by sight, or raccon or badger and have eaten more pidgeon, partridge, grouse and pheasant than most any of you. Have even tried beaver and skunk (once you get past the smell it ain't bad at all....)

I've kept chickens and roosters, pigs, rabbits, goats and I know how to make blood sausage........

I've had bass and pickeral, sturgeon and pike, perch and catfish to name but a few........

Besides Chianti was made for drinking, not shooting......now paste a target on your backside and let me have at it!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well Bob...really we call 'em a 30 'aught' 6 or a 3 double aught 6 and I have a 22 shotgun shell (BTW it's bright orange plastic something on top of a metal cap almost the same as the 20 gauge but smaller) and the shotgun it fits in......we used it to partridge hunt and PapaTony has been known to bring down a goose with it. The 20 gauge fills the birds with too much shot!
My daughter in law loves duck pate that her mom makes every fall after my DIL gets back from duck hunting with her Dad and Grandpa! Past few years she hasn't gone since she was old enough to fire a rifle.
We don't keep guns in the house now.....gave 'em all to her and my son after they installed their gun safe at her parents' place around the corner from us.

Personally I preferred the 303 but I haven't fired one for years....I would guess it's like riding a bike-once you learn you never forget. Got nicked one time with one of those 22 caliber metal bullets.....fits in a rifle not a shotgun and I understand the 22 guage shotguns are hard to come by........we inherited it so I have no idea where it came from.....caused lots of confusion if the ole man just said bring the 22!:)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sorry to interrupt this GUN discussion but I thought I would update those interested that the two accused were released from custody on Police bail yesterday (yes, they had to spend the weekend in jail!!).

An intrepid reporter from another place spoke to one on the telephone earlier today & got the update. Both, needless to say, are keeping a low profile for a few weeks whilst ballistics tests are done to prove the gun belonging to one of the accused could NOT have been the gun used in the attack. This is of course contrary to what has been reported in the press - Surprise, surprise!! ~ Grahame.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Somehow we are talking about different people or we've been given different information. The one person that was dragged into this quite innocently, was released on the Saturday morning after the crime took place. My calender makes it Saturday, the 22nd of April. He is also not particularly lying low or flying high, but simply carrying on with his life.. His company stated, and I quote:

"This was a typical case of Police incompetence, due to high pressure to solve a crime where a Dominican Lawyer was allegedly killed by a foreigner."

They go on to say that they are concerned about the gossip and 'small town' mentality and trust that this will not tarnish the the person's reputation forever. They go on to ask for responsible reporting about this.

One thing is for sure, whomever we are talking about, it was an experience from hell!

Sep 19, 2005
Chris said:

One thing is for sure, whomever we are talking about, it was an experience from hell!

honestly, I think you must have lived a wonderful and shelter life so far( and I hope it continues that way)....because getting arrested and put in jail for a day or so then released.....is a world away from "an experience from hell".

bob

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
laurapasinifan said:
honestly, I think you must have lived a wonderful and shelter life so far( and I hope it continues that way)....because getting arrested and put in jail for a day or so then released.....is a world away from "an experience from hell".

bob

You'd think so, about the sheltered life I mean. But to be unjustly arrested and dumped in Dominican jail by crooked cops to me would be an experience from hell ..

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
MommC said:
Aw m,frog......ya spoiled the fun!!
The point I was trying to make to HOWMAR was that a 9mm is a 'caliber' size and NOT a specific weapon.
Most likely weapon used was a 9mm PISTOL most likely similar to the Glock that SKY carries.......
Sheesh.....I ain't a gal from the back woods of Canada, married to an Italian for nuthin' y'know!!!
I can handle a 20 gauge shotgun, a 22 guage shotgun, a 303 and 306. Even know how to fire a starters pistol! Even had me one of them itty bitty garter holsters once upon a time. Too bad it was illegal to have the derringer that went in it!!:) Jejejeje!
MommC said:
Now who in the country carries 9mm weapons???
Then you also should know that 9mm long guns are illegal in the DR (other than for the military which I haven't seen). Have you seen a 9mm here other than a handgun? I guess there was no point to your original question.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Chris said:
You'd think so, about the sheltered life I mean. But to be unjustly arrested and dumped in Dominican jail by crooked cops to me would be an experience from hell ..
And can happen to each and everyone of us simply on the allegation of a local with an agenda.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
But to be unjustly arrested and dumped in Dominican jail by crooked cops to me would be an experience from hell ..

I agree . Dominican jail in itself would be an experience from hell!

Sep 19, 2005
With the number of people who think that being thrown in a dominican jail for a day or two or even a week is an experience from hell....belittle what going through a VERY bad situation really is.

thats a party compared to what being in shiiit deep is all about......they actually feed you I bet..you probably arent in any pain. you can sit up, stand, walk around I bet. You have the use of all your limbs....you arent freezing to death or dying of extreme heat. :chinese: :chinese: :chinese:

bob

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
laurapasinifan said:
With the number of people who think that being thrown in a dominican jail for a day or two or even a week is an experience from hell....belittle what going through a VERY bad situation really is.

thats a party compared to what being in shiiit deep is all about......they actually feed you I bet..you probably arent in any pain. you can sit up, stand, walk around I bet. You have the use of all your limbs....you arent freezing to death or dying of extreme heat. :chinese: :chinese: :chinese:

bob

It all depends on your lifestyle or what you consider the norm.

Let's end this discussion, it's ridiculous and any more posts on "What is a good or bad experience" will be deleted.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
mountainfrog said:
Details would lead to an execution style murder.
Any insight?

m'frog
Probably what it was. Apparently he wasn't the most popular lawyer in town. I'm sure we will never know the bottom line.