Sosa HOF?

C

Chip00

Primo too early to make any premature "evaluations"
Have you looked at Livan Hernandez's record?

Compadre, no te apure! I'm just "venting" a little. I just hope the "bottom" doesn't fall out!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i was going to say Chip you have high hopes for Sammy..Chip, if Sammy hits 40, naw 35 home runs this season i will personally come to Santiago and take you and your wife to any Aguilas game, first row, behind the dugout on me...

fair enough ?

if you lose, i'll settle for a night out....

wow, did i just say that :eek: ?

C

Chip00

i was going to say Chip you have high hopes for Sammy..Chip, if Sammy hits 40, naw 35 home runs this season i will personally come to Santiago and take you and your wife to any Aguilas game, first row, behind the dugout on me...

fair enough ?

if you lose, i'll settle for a night out....

wow, did i just say that :eek: ?

Well then Sammy better not let me down because I can't remember that last time the better half let me off the leash to go out at night with the guys.:surprised

C

Chip00

Sammy update

Sammy is batting .500 at this point and now it looks like finally some may come back into his camp.

The only thing I don't get is why they say this guy is conceited? I think his confidence in his ability and outgoing personality are looked at as he is a "self centered" person - but I don't see it this way. I think the fact that his English isn't the best causes him to be misinterpreted a lot.

Go Sammy - dale duro!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Spring hopes eternal

Sammy's hitting off of pitchers that are trying to make a team, or trying out new pitches.

I wouldn't get too excited about him hitting .500 this year.

IF he makes the team, he'll sneeze and be on the DL, cashing checks.

Methinks that's his plan.

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
I don?t think so. There are a lot easier ways for Sammy to cash 500K where he wouldn?t need to go through the pain to get back in Big League shape. He just wants to prove himself and the world that he IS the best jonronero, ever.
600 by May! Go Sammy!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Just curious

I don?t think so. There are a lot easier ways for Sammy to cash 500K where he wouldn?t need to go through the pain to get back in Big League shape. He just wants to prove himself and the world that he IS the best jonronero, ever.
600 by May! Go Sammy!
How would Sammy cash 500K otherwise?
You're saying he's going through the "pain" for reasons beyond money?

By "jonrero" you mean the best Dominican HR hitter? Or all MLB?

He's a proven cheater, I'm not sure that's worth much anywhere but the DR. I've gathered that DR politics is his only other option for making that kind of loot. He's got the acumen.

C

Chip00

How would Sammy cash 500K otherwise?
You're saying he's going through the "pain" for reasons beyond money?

By "jonrero" you mean the best Dominican HR hitter? Or all MLB?

He's a proven cheater, I'm not sure that's worth much anywhere but the DR. I've gathered that DR politics is his only other option for making that kind of loot. He's got the acumen.

Why do you think Sammy needs $500k. After all just a few years ago his salary was in the 16M+ range?

Apparently you can't believe that the guy loves the game or the fans. Yes, the corked bat was bad but I believe him that it was an honest mistake. After all mlb tested like 60+ bats of his, even the one at Cooperstown and nada. You don't think there are any pitchers in the HOF who deliberately, not accidently mind like Sammy, but deliberately used "substances". If you think not I'd say wake up and smell the coffee!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Why do you think Sammy needs $500k. After all just a few years ago his salary was in the 16M+ range?

Apparently you can't believe that the guy loves the game or the fans. Yes, the corked bat was bad but I believe him that it was an honest mistake. After all mlb tested like 60+ bats of his, even the one at Cooperstown and nada. You don't think there are any pitchers in the HOF who deliberately, not accidently mind like Sammy, but deliberately used "substances". If you think not I'd say wake up and smell the coffee!

You don't think there are any pitchers in the HOF who deliberately, not accidently mind like Sammy, but deliberately used "substances". If you think not I'd say wake up and smell the coffee![/QUOTE]
-----------------

Insider information.....maybe?????;)

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
I don?t get the Sammy - bashing in some posts. Where would the MLB be today without the excitement of the McGwyer - Sosa festival ?? Maybe there were better homerun hitters than he is, Bonds, Ruth, Aaron, o.k. But the way he played the game and hopefully will play again, the way he runs to the outfield, the triggerhappiness, the little hop after going deep, it?s just fun to watch ballgames with Sammy.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
MLB would be where it is today without them. they're not the league, just 2 players.

actually Sammy reminds me of an anamacion guy i see in sosua...:laugh:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Sammy's hitting off of pitchers that are trying to make a team, or trying out new pitches.

I wouldn't get too excited about him hitting .500 this year.

IF he makes the team, he'll sneeze and be on the DL, cashing checks.

Methinks that's his plan.
I partially agree with you.

I doubt if he will even hit .270 this year, but I don't think his goal is to collect a check. I think his goal is to improve his HR total, to help get him in the HOF.