Sosua Bar Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
shark bar

shark bar is still doing good.Lou is still there and happy as A PIG in sh__! stop by..he is never there during the day...go at night..

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Question...is there a bar/pub with beer on tap in Sosua? None I have seen.

....not sure if I would want to drink tap beer in Sosua....

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
They have tap beer at the all-inclusives, but it's usually undercarbonated.

My theory on that, at least in Casa Marina, is that the detergent that they wash the plastic beakers in makes the beer flat. When they run out of the beakers and use disposable cups it's much livelier!

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
How's the NY Shark Bar doing?? I haven't been in there since his move to Pedro Clisante. The beach location was nice but at night it got a little "testy"

I too miss the old days at the beach sipping cold ones at the SB with Lou, Justin, Anna, Vicky, Theo, Sosua Billy and the hundreds of people i met there.

The SB on Pedro Clisante is a great place to watch a ball game and grab a great USDA burger and fries. Have heard many complain about the price of the $10 burger plate but i would pay more for the quality of the food served there. Lou is a class act. Just listen for the " HOW ARE YOU BABY " and you'll know Lou is in the house.

Paddy, were you the old timer dressed in green for St. Paddy's day back in 2005 at the SB?

Elcondor

Oct 19, 2010
The Irish Pub could be good but I went once and a guy around 40 was serving beers at reasonable prices all ok so far

But his smell was worse then Haitians that live on the street so they never saw me again there.

Put some good looking girls there and it will be packed

T.E.

I think your comments on Haitians are racist and you should frankly be ashamed of these types of disrespectful and stupid words in the twenty first century.

Reactions: woofsback
I too miss the old days at the beach sipping cold ones at the SB with Lou, Justin, Anna, Vicky, Theo, Sosua Billy and the hundreds of people i met there.

The SB on Pedro Clisante is a great place to watch a ball game and grab a great USDA burger and fries. Have heard many complain about the price of the $10 burger plate but i would pay more for the quality of the food served there. Lou is a class act. Just listen for the " HOW ARE YOU BABY " and you'll know Lou is in the house.

Paddy, were you the old timer dressed in green for St. Paddy's day back in 2005 at the SB?

Nothing like a 10-12 dollar hamburger locked behind bars on Pedro Clisante. Please to watch a game the place is ok, But the prices are ridiculous

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Nothing like a 10-12 dollar hamburger locked behind bars on Pedro Clisante. Please to watch a game the place is ok, But the prices are ridiculous.

Exactly. Is Lou the Johnny Carson of Sosua?

It seems most of the "He's such a great guy" comments are coming from his friends. So it's impossible to ascertain the true quality of the food from people who do not seem objective in the least, or to ascertain any reasonable justification for the food prices.

Kind of reminds of the whole "Ted is Great" cult of personality surrounding Marco's old bartender at Rocky's. I finally go there and the guy is a creepy, unkempt, flea-bitten drunk who sold Sildenafil at NYC street prices when all he had to do was point anyone needing the stuff to the local pharmacy where it sells at one US dollar a pill.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Nothing like a 10-12 dollar hamburger locked behind bars on Pedro Clisante. Please to watch a game the place is ok, But the prices are ridiculous
\\

Prices are very ridiculous..And if you are not a part of the Lou fan club, i don't know why you would ever want to enter that place..With those bars, and never more then a few people in the place. And besides, the place is never open..But i guess Lou has a big pension to fall back on.

I think lou should change the name from Lous Ny shark bar to, Lou's higher prices then NY Sharkbar..

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Best cheeseburger you can get in Sosua is the German restaurant beside Sousua Life Bar. Though the hamburger meat is not as good as USDA meat.

Who knows what goes into Dominican hamburger? Maybe a little ground-up road kill, goat meat, turtle balls, chicken's feet, pig ears, and other assorted scraps with a little beach sand for filler.......:chinese:

Reactions: mike l and Celt202

pgbeau1

Feb 14, 2010
Best cheeseburger you can get in Sosua is the German restaurant beside Sousua Life Bar. Though the hamburger meat is not as good as USDA meat.

Who knows what goes into Dominican hamburger? Maybe a little ground-up road kill, goat meat, turtle balls, chicken's feet, pig ears, and other assorted scraps with a little beach sand for filler.......:chinese:

Hey, who stole my grandmother's secret family recipe for hamburgers?, ha ha, good one.

Reactions: mike l

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
One day I ordered a burger at the little restaurant next to Classico. There was more bread in the meat than on the bun. The bread burger was falling apart in my hand. I complained to the serving girl she showed the cook. He just looked at the burger.

Keep serving bad food and there will be a line out the door of your restaurant.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006

dominican hamburgers always taste salty. i keep thinking there's some shellfish or something seaworthy in it. shark maybe ? :ermm:

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006

It seems most of the "He's such a great guy" comments are coming from his friends. So it's impossible to ascertain the true quality of the food from people who do not seem objective in the least, or to ascertain any reasonable justification for the food prices.

Kind of reminds of the whole "Ted is Great" cult of personality surrounding Marco's old bartender at Rocky's. I finally go there and the guy is a creepy, unkempt, flea-bitten drunk who sold Sildenafil at NYC street prices when all he had to do was point anyone needing the stuff to the local pharmacy where it sells at one US dollar a pill.

hey, ive never seen him with flea bites. haha, i just feel bad for the transvestites in town, they dont have anywhere to go at 3am

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005

Excuse me mister moderator.... Character assinination much? Not sure how such a prolific poster on ISOC has become soo respected around DR1.

As for The Shark Bar Lou does not waste his time on the internet to reply to you attack. The OP was about the Sousa bar scene. I am not one of Lou's NYPD buddies. I do not live in New York. I go to the Shark Bar to relax, have some food that does not trigger a mudslide, listen to some decent music and meet some people from all over that are not cheap whore mongers.

Lou will be back from NYC this week of what i heard so go b!tch to him. I swear, i have never met a cheaper bunch of ex-pats in my life than in Sosua. Keep on sending the WU and she will keep on leaving the Dom novio to meet you at the airport.

BTW, also love the Snitzel at the Romanoff with the mashed potatos and brown gravey. But at over RD200 it will cut into the chica budget.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Excuse me mister moderator.... Character assinination much? Not sure how such a prolific poster on ISOC has become soo respected around DR1.

As for The Shark Bar Lou does not waste his time on the internet to reply to you attack. The OP was about the Sousa bar scene. I am not one of Lou's NYPD buddies. I do not live in New York. I go to the Shark Bar to relax, have some food that does not trigger a mudslide, listen to some decent music and meet some people from all over that are not cheap whore mongers.

Lou will be back from NYC this week of what i heard so go b!tch to him. I swear, i have never met a cheaper bunch of ex-pats in my life than in Sosua. Keep on sending the WU and she will keep on leaving the Dom novio to meet you at the airport.

BTW, also love the Snitzel at the Romanoff with the mashed potatos and brown gravey. But at over RD200 it will cut into the chica budget.

How long till Berzin deletes?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Don't forget the picante waitress @ The Romanoff, and the chicken soup is a must try!

tambo'

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

If you're trying to assassinate MY character, it won't work.

As for prolific, I haven't been on that site since the "alleged" kidnapping of Apostropheman. And once I read all the lies and excuses his merry band of apologists were posting, it was a rap and I never returned.

As for respected, let me tell you this-you are no one to throw stones or cast aspersions on someone's character.

I am who I am wherever I go. The people who've met me in person know this. I don't hide behind multiple usernames or multiple personalities, and my photo is up on the media gallery for all to see.

I have nothing, absolutely nothing to hide. But I guess being anonymous on the internet has it's advantages.

You can self-righteously call people out without exposing yourself, but it certainly does raise the level of hypocrisy, doesn't it?

The blanket of anonymity must be comforting.

If you're trying to assassinate MY character, it won't work.

As for prolific, I haven't been on that site since the "alleged" kidnapping of Apostropheman. And once I read all the lies and excuses his merry band of apologists were posting, it was a rap and I never returned.

As for respected, let me tell you this-you are no one to throw stones or cast aspersions on someone's character.

I am who I am wherever I go. The people who've met me in person know this. I don't hide behind multiple usernames or multiple personalities, and my photo is up on the media gallery for all to see.

I have nothing, absolutely nothing to hide. But I guess being anonymous on the internet has it's advantages.

You can self-righteously call people out without exposing yourself, but it certainly does raise the level of hypocrisy, doesn't it?

The blanket of anonymity must be comforting.

I 100% agree Berzin is who he is and for me he is a 100% stand up guy. Both over the net and in person

Reactions: mike l and Bronxboy
Status
Not open for further replies.