Sosua Kids..legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
With all due respect, Grahame, I too have met Alberto and it seems that he has a lot going on with other "sideline" businesses (that I did not approve of, but that is neither here or there).

Perhaps he is spreading himself too thin to manage all his "affairs"?:eek:gre:

Marlie

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Please note I am not affiliated with this charity but feel compelled to find out the truth from the source rather then believe the banter.
hifiman

The truth is what I posted before: THEY TOOK THE MONEY AND KEPT IT. They can say what they want, and as you stated earlier, we can believe what we want. Seeing is believing, and I have not seen one peso go to any kid, anywhere!!!

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Please note I am not affiliated with this charity but feel compelled to find out the truth from the source rather then believe the banter.
hifiman

The truth is what I posted before: THEY TOOK THE MONEY AND KEPT IT. They can say what they want, and as you stated earlier, we can believe what we want. Seeing is believing, and I have not seen one peso go to any kid, anywhere!!!

So what your saying is you would rather see the money go to the kids right away instead of seeing a new dental office built.
Do you understand what a monumental task it is to open a dental office and furnish it with the proper tools. I don't think you are seeing the big picture here.
hifiman

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Please inform us when the Dental Office opens, then I will believe in these thieves.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
And wll you also apologize.

BTW: what was your contrabution again.

hfiman

Yes, I will apologize when it opens, if I am still alive by then. I contributed the same amount that the kids received NOTHING. I know these people a little better than you do.

I live here, do you?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I c

miguel

As a director of BTBCF thank you for your kind words.

I promised myself I would not get involved in this thread but after your post I feel I must.
I emailed Dominican Kids about a half hour ago and received a response about 10 minutes later,so I don't know who your emails were directed to but I have had no problem ever getting a response from them.
No need to thank me, it's my pleasure to donate to BTBCF.

Perhaps you got a quick response because "someone" is reading this thread.

For months, I sent them emails. No replies.
I emailed Carina, whom I truly trust and like very much, and asked her to have someone from there contact me. She did and nothing happened.

Now, since I didn't want to waste my time anymore, I "washed my hands" and decided to forget about them. I know the kids are the ones who will suffer but out of the 3-4 charities that I donate to in the DR, they are the only ones that have ignore my requests.

Btw: lets not forget that I am not the only person who have not gotten any answers from them.

Now, and PLEASE read this carefully, all you guys:

If you have gotten replies from them and are happy with what they have said, PLEASE keep donating to their charity. I am talking for myself and my decision to NOT donate to them.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Yes, I will apologize when it opens, if I am still alive by then. I contributed the same amount that the kids received NOTHING. I know these people a little better than you do.

I live here, do you?

This will be my last post on this issue.

I don't see how my not living there has anything to do with this.But I do know the people involved and being as I have donated to this charity I would like nothing more then to see this dental office work.

Sky I think you would like nothing more then this to happen as well.

Buy the way I will be there for new years maybe I can buy you a grande and you can enlighten me on living there as I plan to retire there in a few years.
hifiman

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
WELL - I bid, I offered a prize ( no one took up my prize though - I offered! )I also claimed the prize that I bid on and won ( a couple of nights at Billys FOD hotel ) and I have met some of the organisers of the Charity.

My PERSONAL experiance with the organisers was POSITIVE.

I do agree that there could / should be more updates on whats happening with the money and what the current situation is.

WishingIwasthere
And will be soon!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Right & Wrong

What would happen in the US, if someone collected money for a charity to help some kids, and a whole year passed, with nothing being done, except being told the money was invested?
I think we would be smelling a lawsuit, perhaps criminal charges.
It's a question of doing the right thing.
No contributors were told they might have to wait a year or 2 or 3 to see their money in action.
Just check out what LaProfe (Grace) does in Puerto Plata.
She's had 100's of kids get free dental service in the last year, and we never even heard her ask for donations, or brag about what she's done.
Now that's charity work.
Looking for a hero badge for collecting from the generosity of others, while unilaterally deciding what to do with the money, is WRONG !

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What would happen in the US, if someone collected money for a charity to help some kids, and a whole year passed, with nothing being done, except being told the money was invested?

This is the question I posted this AM regarding the DR.
I'm interested in your laws-mine I know.So, what are the regulations for charities?

JOHN

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
:ermm:
This is the question I posted this AM regarding the DR.
I'm interested in your laws-mine I know.So, what are the regulations for charities?

JOHN
I don't know the laws, and when the moneys were collected, it wasn't even an official charity.
I think it is now, or soon will be officiated.
Frankly, I would rather not respond anymore, as it's so negative, this coming at a time, when I've got the "Season's Spirit", and am having so much fun preparing for New Years.
This ugly stuff is raining on my parade.
I hope you all forgive me if I unsubscribe from this thread.:ermm:
Regards, Marco.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
OK by me but...

:ermm: I don't know the laws, and when the moneys were collected, it wasn't even an official charity.
I think it is now, or soon will be officiated.
Frankly, I would rather not respond anymore, as it's so negative, this coming at a time, when I've got the "Season's Spirit", and am having so much fun preparing for New Years.
This ugly stuff is raining on my parade.
I hope you all forgive me if I unsubscribe from this thread.:ermm:
Regards, Marco.

dirty work is always nasty. If there were some wrongs committed here we should stay the course or have the innuendo posted by some parties removed.To correct (if there is something to correct) would be a much grander "Season Spirit" for the kids than to walk away from somthing that I think you know a lot about. Maybe I'm wrong Rocky but you are right there in the midst of this town and could clear this issue up by a few well placed phone calls.One way or the other.
So--have I convienced you yet?

Bah humbug

john

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Maybe I'm wrong Rocky but you are right there in the midst of this town and could clear this issue up by a few well placed phone calls.One way or the other.

Don't want to stick my nose in, but frankly I don't think it's Rocky's 'job' to need to do this particularly when he's so busy with the New Year's Eve stuff. I think the ball is in the court of either winners who didn't receive or donors who weren't notified to clarify for themselves the current state of play.

For myself, neither a winner nor a donor to this cause, I know Alberto well enough to know he is honourable and the money is safe and earning interest. The fact that there is an update on the website is thanks in large part to Grahame who pushed Alberto & Lee to get this done so that Anoeca didn't get targetted by the flack falling on the people who originally set that website up. I do think there was a deplorable lack of updated info on that site for a long time but since I choose not to have communication with those people I cannot volunteer to undertake any clarifying.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sorry folks I was out enjoying myself (well, for some of the day) on the golf course whilst this has been developing.

From what I read here there are SOME people who are complaining that
1. they want to know where their money has gone
2. they want to know when they will receive their prize winning
3. they are not happy that money donated is not being spent on the children
4. they have sent e-mails & not received responses.

Of these, some have written to Dominican Kids via the e-mail address shown - generally NOT getting a response;
others have sent e-mails direct to Ninios Dominicanos & appear to have got a reply.

Then there are a few who are content with the responses they have received but would wish that some money gets spent out on the children to start the process of dental repairs for them. Would that be a fair interpretation/analysis?

Might I make a suggestion?
Those who have previously written to Dominican Kids e-mail/website, please make ONE MORE effort, enclose copies of your original e-mails if you have them still &/or give full information of your original & present grievances.
SEND A Cc TO NINOS DOMINICANOS for the attention of Lee Barnes or Alberto Noesi.

If you sent your original e-mail to Ninos Dominicanos, send it again (or synopsis of it stating dates if possible of the original e-mail) & Cc this to Dominican Kids.

It will be interesting to note just HOW MANY e-mails are sent by those who have complaints, how many are justified & who has been spouting hot air (Yes, I think there ARE some of those here, just trying to moan & groan because they have not taken matters into their own hands & gone direct to the source - Ninos Dominicanos!!).

Now let us see WHO responds, in WHAT time frame & with WHAT answers. At the end of a decent timeframe (say one month as it will be the Christmas period) let us have a response here by ALL who STILL have a complaint, & against whom if you think this necessary.

Good luck & please get this settled once & for all! ~ Grahame.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Good luck & please get this settled once & for all! ~ Grahame.
As far as I am concerned, this is the problem.
It is simply just basic common sense courtesy to provide information and updates.
If it wasn't for you, there would probably still be absolutely no update or information given.
I do not claim that the clinic should be up and running by now.
I find their prolonged silence is rude and ridiculous and not excusable as simply "a serious oversight".:tired:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Of course you will get a response now. They are reading this thread. Where were they for the past several months? I guess they were looking for a Dentist???

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
As far as I am concerned, this is the problem.
It is simply just basic common sense courtesy to provide information and updates.
If it wasn't for you, there would probably still be absolutely no update or information given.
I do not claim that the clinic should be up and running by now.
I find their prolonged silence is rude and ridiculous and not excusable as simply "a serious oversight".:tired:

I can only agree with you Malibook - silence, failure to communicate is a fault!
What I do not understand in your post is who 'THEY' are - the people who ran the auctions & the website which requested donations or Ninos Dominicanas who are the operation responsible for setting up the Foundation? If you get THAT sorted out, maybe some of the heat can be taken out of peoples responses here!

Now if those of you who are feeling bitter would like to get some answers, e-mail BOTH Dominican Kids & Ninos Dominicanos & get the communication going! It is up to YOU, & you only! ~ Grahame.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
It is up to YOU, & you only! ~ Grahame.
You are right but my point is that it shouldn't be up to us.

"They" are the ones who ran the auction, the one who runs the website, and the ones who are setting up the clinic.

It is hard to imagine anybody in their right mind allowing such an "oversight".

To think that a group of people working in concert could be responsible for this "oversight" is really pathetic.:rolleyes::tired:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm with Rocky ... outa here! This is old boring stuff .

Grahame my friend, we all know Alberto is a cool dude that would never harm anyone else intentionally. But surely, if it is his name on the papers, he should make the effort, no? Or was the poor fellow landed with a 'hot potato'? (Now I sound like Onions&Carrots and you may ignore me. Of course I'm doing this only to cause trouble! :laugh:).

More seriously, for the newbies to reference, here is a post from a person who knew what he/she was talking about at the time. This is a good set of questions to have at hand when you want to give to a good cause in the DR. http://www.dr1.com/forums/333068-post39.html

Status
Not open for further replies.