Starlink Arrived in the DR

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
Can you give us some average speeds? Just out of curiosity. I saw a post from another user yesterday who was getting something like 4K Mbps. That's pretty insane.
?? 4k mbs -- not possible, not even sure what device could achive 4000mbps let alone any kind of wifi

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
One year with Starlink. We are partially obstructed with a giant avacado tree but we stream tv without difficulty and with minor amounts of blue circles. 500us for the setup, 2,900 pesosmonthly. No cap on usage. Speeds vary widely . Our daughter has the same thing and is fortunately not obstructed. She works from home on her computer .
if your input is meeting your needs you rarely check speed. I get anywhere from 30-150 mps. just checked and I’m getting 53 mps downand 15 up at 4:50AM. Damn that tree!
i understand that Claro fiber optic is considered a better option but its not available at our house. Previous services with various wireless providers were very,very unsatisfactory.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
?? 4k mbs -- not possible, not even sure what device could achive 4000mbps let alone any kind of wifi
I didn't believe it either but it was a video a guy posted when he connected.

FWIW, my Altice Fiber Optic line has given me 220 Mbps ever since I installed it.

1696079701596.png

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Can you give us some average speeds? Just out of curiosity. I saw a post from another user yesterday who was getting something like 4K Mbps. That's pretty insane.
Average speed I get is 150 down 15 up. Maximum I saw - 320. Minimum during heavy rain - 50.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They are launching new satellites like crazy which means coverage will continue to improve in the coming months.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This morning it is 110......

As to my connection - Not sure, dish is on the roof connected to my router......... nothing else

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
I wondering if anyone in punta cana has it?
I am down in the Azua province, we really had no other option that worked very well- too rural to get fiber, everything else came and went with power outages or too many people using it.... Anyway been happy with the Starlink- have had one for about 1 year and the other only a couple months

Reactions: JD Jones

Sirko Bunzel

Oct 16, 2016
How long it takes from the order on the Starlink homepage till the shipment is getting to your home in the DR? How many days?
Any user feedback from Juan Dolio area?

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Ordered Starlink for delivery in Sajoma. Ran into the same problem others had previously with payment acceptance. Told to contact my bank for authorization. Switched from US Bank credit card to their debit card and it sailed through. Now I plan to go back in and use the "change payment method" to switch it back to CC for more protection.