Starlink Arrived in the DR

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Postal code for Bavaro is 23301
it accepted punta cana for AV. ESTADOS UNIDOS..

But I changed it to a hotel that is very close...

But it wouldn't accept Bavaro or 23301..only Punta Cana

Calle Italia, Karibo Hotel, PUNTA CANA, La Altagracia, 23000, DO

There search system also has street addresses in Bavaro, but list the city as Santo Domingo...Its clearly going to create delivery problems

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
it accepted punta cana for AV. ESTADOS UNIDOS..

But I changed it to a hotel that is very close...

But it wouldn't accept Bavaro or 23301..only Punta Cana

Calle Italia, Karibo Hotel, PUNTA CANA, La Altagracia, 23000, DO

There search system also has street addresses in Bavaro, but list the city as Santo Domingo...Its clearly going to create delivery problems
If you are in Bavaro did you check with Claro about Fiber Optic? Works like a charm in Punta Cana, Bavaro at a fraction of what you are paying...............And weather means nothing as it is in ground wiring...

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
If you are in Bavaro did you check with Claro about Fiber Optic? Works like a charm in Punta Cana, Bavaro at a fraction of what you are paying...............And weather means nothing as it is in ground wiring...
I concur. I pay but I want wifi 24/7 ..and claro works for me

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
The IDIOTS at claro cant even find my street address much less install fiber...
There is 1 person in white sands that has blocked fiber installation for years in white sands.
so all I have is VERY %$#&^%$ DSL from claro.
When I went to move service, claro couldnt do it. SERIOUSLY...they didnt know the address
even though they had an existing account at my condo.
They ended up just putting my name on the old established account,,,and then billed me for a month of fiber on my OLD ACCOUNT and refused to reverse the charge... claro is POS

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
DSL was out the entire day yesterday.. after a strong storm in the morning,,,out from 8am to 8pm
claro cant even make the in ground dsl work
The dsl download speed is 1MB...
so I will happily pay Elon his money to get service 200X faster than claro 1mb dsl

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I am out of country, so now I got to send someone to EPS and tell them to accept package for me. I am guessing though this will be a logisitical nightmare, so in the ned we will go have to pick up at their location in Santo DOmingo

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
I am out of country, so now I got to send someone to EPS and tell them to accept package for me. I am guessing though this will be a logisitical nightmare, so in the ned we will go have to pick up at their location in Santo DOmingo
guessing though this will be a logisitical nightmare????

Its like when a dominican gives a time estimate,,,
mas o menos,,,
ALWAYS bet on the over
and always bet that this will be a nightmare to get the stuff

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
and I forgot,,,for this great service of 1MB dsl,,,
I pay $40 a month..so I will happily pay Elon slightly more

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I live in Boca Chica. If you need help, let me know. I don't know where EPS is as I use BM Cargo locally, but I'm sure I could find it. I would probably uber back home and can keep it for you if you want. I'm generally down in CZ and Parque Enriquillo every Tuesday.

Reactions: AlterEgo

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I live in Boca Chica. If you need help, let me know. I don't know where EPS is as I use BM Cargo locally, but I'm sure I could find it. I would probably uber back home and can keep it for you if you want. I'm generally down in CZ and Parque Enriquillo every Tuesday.
Appreciate the offer. My wife will take care of it.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
and I forgot,,,for this great service of 1MB dsl,,,
I pay $40 a month..so I will happily pay Elon slightly more
I get 100 MB down, 3 TV's with Hundreds of channels, landline with 500 free minutes to landlines which I don't use, Cell Phone which I NEVER can use all the data and minutes, free roaming in US, Latin America, Spain, and other Countries. And all Claro to Claro calls are not counted as minutes.

My monthly bill 6455 rd. No installation or deposit required....................

Reactions: Lucifer

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I get 100 MB down, 3 TV's with Hundreds of channels, landline with 500 free minutes to landlines which I don't use, Cell Phone which I NEVER can use all the data and minutes, free roaming in US, Latin America, Spain, and other Countries. And all Claro to Claro calls are not counted as minutes.

My monthly bill 6455 rd. No installation or deposit required....................
Thats great. I get almost 1MB download and not even 0,5 MB download from Claro for $40. not to mention the dsl drops every 15 minutes or so. And my place on the river doesnt even have cell reception

Reactions: Tonchi

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Went quiet. Did everyone get it ordered or gave up.
Still stuck on RNC
I am in Costa Rica, I wonder if it is IP restricted on web
I cant even send a support ticket

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Went quiet. Did everyone get it ordered or gave up.
Still stuck on RNC
I am in Costa Rica, I wonder if it is IP restricted on web
I cant even send a support ticket
I could tell you how many numbers to put in and you can make it up..
mine is 9 numbers and starts with 53

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I have paid... Unfortunately it isnt what they promised at $599. My total came out to $712.. Sent a message to support..

The bigger problem you are going to have is shipping. It doesnt accept addresses. I put in the street name where DHL Bavaro is located and wrote DHL on the second address line and it accepted it. Dont know if thats going to work..

Where I live,, the street doesnt even have a name.
Can you tell us exactly how you paid? It seems no one else has been able to do this. Were you in the DR when you paid? Did you use a DR credit card or from a different country? Did you use your RNC or did you "borrow" one?

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Can you tell us exactly how you paid? It seems no one else has been able to do this. Were you in the DR when you paid? Did you use a DR credit card or from a different country? Did you use your RNC or did you "borrow" one?
Did you see my post where I explained in details what RNC I used and which specific credit card ? ScotiaBank Canada Visa and the RNC of Starlink itself.

Reactions: drisforme

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I keep getting "Something went wrong on our end. Please wait and try again" every time I try to complete the order. A friend of mine is also getting the same.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
I have just ordered and got confirmation .Waiting now to get an email when my order ships which is supposed to be within 2 weeks. Will report result here.

Reactions: NanSanPedro